Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Hankook ATm RF10 265/60/18
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ahebron

New Zealand 
Hankook ATm RF10 265/60/18

My Pirelli Scorpion ATRs lasted 18 months/30,000km so I was not to happy with that. I wanted to get a set of BFG A/Ts like I had on my 300TDi Disco but with local price of almost twice the Pirelli a hoop I decided against them. Instead I got a set of brand new Hankook ATm RF10 for just over the price of one BFG or less than 2 Pirelli. They have been fitted since last saturday and in that short time I am impressed with them. I got 265/60/18 as it is a more available size than 255/60/18 in NZ. I watched them being fitted and they took a lot less balancing weights than the Pirellis, one wheel has no weights. The beading took a bit of pressure which I think bodes well for dropping pressures off road. Naturally the first few days the tyres felt very squirrely and it didnt help that it was also raining. Since then they are starting to grip well and are very quiet. And the steering has lightened up which was a bit scarey but I have got used to it. It is funny how over time you do not notice gradual changes.
Fingers crossed these will be good tyres and on the plus side they fill the arches better which is surprising given they are only 10mm bigger in diameter and they look good.
Sorry no photos but plenty on the interweb.

Adrian VW Amarok 2014 Highline auto

Post #203912 14th Aug 2013 8:21am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

hankooks are very good competitively priced tyres...back in the 1990's we used to fit them on to a fleet of transit vans and they were half the price and wore remarkably well.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #203915 14th Aug 2013 8:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1