Home > Technical (L322) > 2010 Headlight Change For Overseas
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand
2010 Headlight Change For Overseas

Morning Chaps

Booked the overnight Ferry to Santander Northern Spain and going to thrash (nicely) the new TDV8 (MY2010) down to Southern Spain Very Happy Got 650 miles to do to an hour out of Gib Evil or Very Mad

Does anyone know how to changeover the Xenon headlights on a 2010 (there are fixed directional ones). Been under the bonnet with a big hammer and a torch but nothing obvious like a lever or a widget Question

Used to be able to the BMW's no probs but can't make this one out?

Any clues before I try and find the handbook which SWMBO put 'safe' Sad somewhere Question Bless her Wink

Thanks in advance. Currently running FFRR MY10 TDV8 3.6L and a Disco 3 XS Commercial (tank like but very effective as a Company van). Plus one mint condition Track Day Car in the form of an E36 M3 3.2L Evolution circa June 1996 with lots of go faster bits and only 52k miles on the clock! Oh, plus a few bits to make it slow down really quickly as well! Luvverly.

Last edited by Kilovolt on 14th Jun 2010 9:44am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #20045 14th Jun 2010 9:35am
axle

Australia 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Rimini Red

For us mear mortals with pre 2010 the leaver is behind a removable cover on the back of the headlight unit its the largest one you can unscrew .
hope this helps . 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.
magnus satis quod turpis satis

Post #20050 14th Jun 2010 9:43am
JOKER

Scotland 

When do you leave, Thinking about doing the same at some point as i have a Holiday Home in Puerto Banus ( Hate Flying),whenever you get back could you let me know.

1/ The Ferry Charges
2/ How long on board the Boat
3/ Roughly driving time to the Marbella area .......

Sorry i cant help with the Headlight problem, will keep a note of axle's reply as i am also one who does not have a 2010 ....... Whistle

Hope the waits not too long in the traffic to get into the Rock ........ Thumbs Up

Post #20055 14th Jun 2010 10:05am
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

MICK wrote:
When do you leave, Thinking about doing the same at some point as i have a Holiday Home in Puerto Banus ( Hate Flying),whenever you get back could you let me know.

1/ The Ferry Charges
2/ How long on board the Boat
3/ Roughly driving time to the Marbella area .......

Sorry i cant help with the Headlight problem, will keep a note of axle's reply as i am also one who does not have a 2010 ....... Whistle

Hope the waits not too long in the traffic to get into the Rock ........ Thumbs Up

Easy!!

Booked end of August so all ankle biters are back at school (can you tell we do not have kids) Yawn

Ferry not cheap but have booked bestest cabin with Ensuite facilties with porthole window. Vessel is brand new with Shops and Restaurants etc. Cost............... wait for it................ £1,200 Shocked

BA can go on strike. Iceland can melt. Done the drive before and it is a blast

Crossing takes 24 hours. Time to eat, sleep and chill Thumbs Up

Driving time who knows? For me 750 miles (from memory) should be done in 8 to 10 hours with a couple of comfort stops Exclamation Exclamation Oh, and a 105 litre tank of fuel Embarassed

Never drive into Gib. Park up and walkover as a tourist. Take you car in and get stuffed for hours in the Customs queues Sheep Currently running FFRR MY10 TDV8 3.6L and a Disco 3 XS Commercial (tank like but very effective as a Company van). Plus one mint condition Track Day Car in the form of an E36 M3 3.2L Evolution circa June 1996 with lots of go faster bits and only 52k miles on the clock! Oh, plus a few bits to make it slow down really quickly as well! Luvverly.

Post #20059 14th Jun 2010 10:37am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

I have done the Santander Ferry & the Bilbao and both leave a drive quite do-able in a day via Madrid or a comfortable cruise with stop over near the capital. Either way its a nice journey both on the boat and the drive. Thumbs Up

Post #20060 14th Jun 2010 10:39am
andyw

England 2002 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver

only from santander, i drove to malaga from northern germany a few years back it took 23 hours with fuel and food stops that was hard core as wifey wouldnt drive Shocked

i avoided the majority of toll roads as the ques were amazing esspecialy at the weekends 02 Range Rover HSE Zambezie silver 4.4

Post #20108 14th Jun 2010 6:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1