Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Fully Valeted by Hand - Finally looks Immaculate
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
delamo

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green

SAppie wrote:
I have the same 20" rims as you, and I notice that you have the Pirelli Scorpion tyres fitted, whereas mine has Continental Cross contacts. I was wondering if you've had experience of both tyres and which you, or indeed anyone else, would recommend? Pros and cons to both? Mine are due for replacement soon....

Hi SAppie - It appears I have the same concerns (and spec FFRR) as you!

I have also got the the 20" 7 Spokes that are fitted with the Conti Cross Contacts and am shocked at how quickly they wear down, especially the outside edge.

After purchasing a new set of replacement alloys recently from fullfatnotdiet (bargain! Thumbs Up ) he had the cheek to suggested it would be my driving style, especially upon roundabouts! Whistle

Whilst he could very well have a point - I am still remembering my old TD6 which I drove just the same - and did not need to replace a single tyre in the 3 years I had it (This was fitted with 19" alloys / Dunlop Tyres)

I am seriously doubting the quality of the Continentals for UK roads (especially recent surface conditions)
and would consider changing to the Dunlops or Pirellis because of past experience.

Sorry to go off topic RRUK ! - Beautiful finish on your Rangie! Shocked 11hours / 2 days ? Thud

Be a while before you fill it up with logs again then! Laughing

Post #16896 19th Apr 2010 4:19pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I also mentioned that I did the wife's car first, didn't seem to have all the tar that mine had, and despite being black and therefore the worst colour to ever work on, it came out OK too. This one only took me about 4 or 5 hours.

Click image to enlarge
 Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #16900 19th Apr 2010 4:30pm
Full fat not diet

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

[quote="delamo[/quote]

After purchasing a new set of replacement alloys recently from fullfatnotdiet (bargain! Thumbs Up ) he had the cheek to suggested it would be my driving style, especially upon roundabouts! Whistle

Whilst he could very well have a point - I am still remembering my old TD6 which I drove just the same - and did not need to replace a single tyre in the 3 years I had it (This was fitted with 19" alloys / Dunlop Tyres)

I am seriously doubting the quality of the Continentals for UK roads (especially recent surface conditions)
and would consider changing to the Dunlops or Pirellis because of past experience.

[/quote]

I figured yours was the same as "my driving style" as i had the same problem with wear on front passenger tyre as many other Conti owners do but i figure you must be right - its the tyres fault! Thumbs Up Laughing

Post #16906 19th Apr 2010 4:40pm
delamo

Full fat not diet wrote:
I figured yours was the same as "my driving style" as i had the same problem with wear on front passenger tyre as many other Conti owners do but i figure you must be right - its the tyres fault! Thumbs Up Laughing

Twisted Evil See - I knew you would come around to my way of thunking! Laughing

Post #16909 19th Apr 2010 4:48pm
Full fat not diet

Thunking or thinking!

Anyway Adam will kill us for the hijack on his fantastic thread - unless he could cut out our posts and create and add them to one on Contis Vs Pirellis etc ?

Post #16910 19th Apr 2010 4:56pm
delamo

RRUK wrote:
I also mentioned that I did the wife's car first, didn't seem to have all the tar that mine had, and despite being black and therefore the worst colour to ever work on, it came out OK too. This one only took me about 4 or 5 hours

Shocked CAME OUT OK? - Bloody hell RRUK, I can see my reflection in it just by looking at my computer screen Laughing

Neutral Seriously though - 16 hrs cleaning cars then detailed forum reports after! - You need help Whistle

Post #16911 19th Apr 2010 4:58pm
Full fat not diet

Adam, I genuinely dont know how you get the time.

What with earning the income to pay for your toys etc, Moderating the forum, walking the dog and going out shooting etc.. maintaining a social life and keeping a wife happy, how do u get away with or find the time for a 16 hour car cleaning weekend. Shocked Shocked

I take it no little ones to entertain?

Post #16912 19th Apr 2010 5:10pm
JOKER

Scotland 

I take it no little ones to entertain?

Only when he has his hands in his pockets ............ Whistle

Leaving just now ...... Thumbs Up ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #16914 19th Apr 2010 5:27pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

Nope no kids to keep happy, (we wish actually) but we did have to go out friday and saturday night and then had friends with their kids over for sunday afternoon and evening. Big Cry

I used to wash our cars every weekend, then it became fortnightly, now its about monthly at best. The above only happens once a year at most and I earmarked the first decent weather weekend to get it done.

Having spent weekends working on the garden with Wife, she was ok about it, and hey, she gets a spanky looking car out of it so she can't exactly complain!

I reckon if I did this as a semi hobby business I could charge around £250 for what I do. Easy Money?

NO WAY, ITS BLOODY HARD WORK! Big Cry Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #16926 19th Apr 2010 6:47pm
Jem0911

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

A lovely result.
I wish I had the apptitude. 15MY SDV8 Vogue SE

Post #16930 19th Apr 2010 6:55pm
Fox

United Kingdom 

I have to say RRUK, I was mighty impressed... and then you posted a picture of a BMW. Shocked

Laughing

Post #16946 19th Apr 2010 9:02pm
RRCanuck

Canada 2010 Range Rover Supercharged Supercharged Santorini Black

250.00 for an 11 hour valet RRUK? Sign me up Thumbs Up But - Will you be as fussy with my RR? Laughing

Lovely job and may you have a fortnight of no rain Wink

mike.

Post #16962 20th Apr 2010 3:52am
RRUK
Site Supporter

Mike, that would not include flights and transfers and sadly I can't get out of the UK at the moment due to the ash cloud from Iceland...never mind! Laughing

Thanks foor all your positive comments about the cars (even if one of them is a BMW Shocked ). I do love the satisfaction of a good job done, but as I get older and have more commitments it does get harder to find the time.

I'm happy to give anyone the benefit of my vast car cleaning experience if they need it (I started washing a friend's 4 cars for pocket money when I was 15, every sunday come rain or shine or snow, I learnt A LOT about cleaning cars, especially as they were a Ferrari, Range Rover, Jaguar and one other. Then I would get home and wash my parent's cars too - I liked earning money Very Happy Never been one to expect it to just happen to me) Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

Post #16964 20th Apr 2010 8:06am
hoppy_70

England 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Has it been covered in volcanic ash yet? We had rain yesterday that dried really dusty like ash..

Post #17008 20th Apr 2010 3:34pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

Not yet......

No rain forecast here for at least a week though. Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

Post #17010 20th Apr 2010 3:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>