Home > My Range Rover > Fixes and new issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black
Fixes and new issues

In the grand scheme of things my 'issues' are minor I know, but I am a perfectionist and I want it to be right.

Car went into my local Dealer for a few fixes (not the dealer I bought it from) and they did the following:

New fuel filler neck fitted to cure fuelling problem (Not filled up yet so don't know if it has fixed the issue)
New roof trim fitted to replace broken part from purchase
Annoying squeak from passenger side found to be an LTB about the passenger seat- gone! Thank GOD!

The TPMS was supposedly fixed but when the car arrived back home it was on the blink again - they are scratching their heads over that one! Big Cry

Now though, I have 2 more odd noises which I can't locate.

Loose part type rattle coming from inside the dash in front of driver over bumps
Whistling/twittering type noise from dash from 50-70mph (sound slike a mouse having a fight with a small bird!)

These 2 are coming from within the dash somewhere, there's nothing loose that I can see or find but man alive, I HATE squeaks and rattles! Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #17142 22nd Apr 2010 9:06am
VMPP

Portugal 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue
Re: Fixes and new issues

RRUK wrote:

Whistling/twittering type noise from dash from 50-70mph (sound slike a mouse having a fight with a small bird!)

That can be an aerodynamic noise. I've battled one of those since i've bought the car. The pillars, if not correctly fixed to the car can make those noises. So does that piece that runs the whidth of the car on the bottom of the windshield. A gap can form between the windshield and the rubber on that part which makes all sort of noises depending on the speed.

Check it

Post #17147 22nd Apr 2010 10:18am
VaguelyVogue

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Buckingham Blue

I also had a similar noise at random speeds between 50-80mph - it was the passenger side roof bar cover (probably not the official name) where the front 5" was not clipped down firmly (new white fixing clip required).

Post #17153 22nd Apr 2010 11:13am
DMRR

South Africa 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Next time it happens, turn *off* the air circulation totally. IF it shuts up then the flaps which open and close to direct fresh air in are hitting a harmonic! My 2006 did this and the dealer explained it to me. It also exlpains the "shwooosh" noise you get when you drive at 70-80mph - that is the system shutting the external intakes off....!

Oh and the other thing it can be .... is the windscreen wipers!?! Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2009 5.0V8SC Autobiography
2006 4.2V8SC Autobiography
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #17155 22nd Apr 2010 11:16am
Vogue

United Kingdom 

I also had this, but it wasn';t any of the above, it was the water washer pipe vibrating at speed due to airflow - usually only over 55mph.

Check where the battery is located and ensure that there are no pipes or cables loose in this location. They are usually pulled out of the way to fit a new battery and the idiot tech doesn't bother to clip them back in place or breaks the clips etc. A few wraps of insulation tape works

Post #17161 22nd Apr 2010 12:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1