Home > General (L405) > MY15
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Stevek

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue
MY15

Anyone else heard this?...........

JLR has already stated that updates will now be annual. This recent trend has proved very encouraging in terms of sales performance year on year. Sweeping midlife updates as in all previous generations will not happen from this model onwards (the new Sport is included in this new strategy).

Updates are generally circulated to dealers around the Feb/Mar time frame for the following MY updates. This information is generally not communicated to the end customer so as not to compromise current MY sales. However the growing eagerness and interest of people together with the help of forums such as this one helps customers in hearing of the possible changes coming, albeit earlier than the manufacturer would like.

I understand the current improvements coming for MY15 are as follows :

Significant update to engine range to meet euro 6 emissions and improve mpg (requirement for all new cars effective Jan 1st 2015).

Possibility of the new Hotfire JLR engine to join line-up as an entry level model. The new engine factory is due to open in Wolverhampton, UK in March 2014. It's confirmed for the Sport in MY15. Not available in all markets and U.S. will not be one of them, unfortunately.

Significant update to infotainment, GPS and accompanying seating controls via touch screen display. Think Apple IOS meets Telsa S. This will feature throughout the JLR range and is something they have been working on for sometime. Featuring a HD screen albeit with the loss of the dual view function currently available (this is due to the dual view technology currently unable to work with HD screens apparently). This new system is 'wow' I'm told and finally features such things as album artwork a la iTunes.

9speed ZF auto gearbox standard throughout range as previewed and available now on MY14 Evoque.

Torque Vectoring standard throughout range.

Airbag deployment within seatbelt restraints standard on AB optional on rest of the range.

Driver Head-up display standard on AB optional on rest of the range.

Heated front seat armrests standard on AB optional on rest of the range.

Improved climate seating cluster.

Terrain Response 2 standard throughout range.

Extra large water bottle standard throughout range.

Improved LED mood lighting standard on AB optional on rest of the range.

Full LED lighting throughout the vehicle standard throughout the range.

3 new body colours including options of all body coloured gills and sill line.

3 new interior wood choices.

3 new wheel designs.

LWB model to be officially announced and available Sep/Oct 14.

RS higher performance model to be officially announced and available Sep/Oct 14.

5 year one off payment service pack as available in the New Range a Rover Sport and Evoque models.

The MY15 model is available for delivery Sep/Oct 2014.

I must stress that this is the current plan as I understand it and as of now. A lot can happen between now and next year! Many of the items still depend on passing the testing process and/or manufacturing partners ability to deliver to the timeline.

Hope this wets your appetite and if I hear anything more I will be sure to let you know. I think you will agree that these improvements should continue to place The Range Rover within the best car in the world category.

Last edited by Stevek on 19th Oct 2013 12:39am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #217289 18th Oct 2013 12:04am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Good stuff, now all I need is to win the lotto! Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #217321 18th Oct 2013 8:27am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Havana

Laughing All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #217324 18th Oct 2013 8:37am

United Kingdom 

What is the source of this info?

Post #217325 18th Oct 2013 8:43am
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

4 cylinder Range Rover - where do I sign?

9 speed ZF in the Evoque is a transverse box, a 9 speed would presumably be a development of the existing 8HP. Euro VI regs will surely mean some sort of urea injection system - hopefully they'll turn the wick up on the TDV8 at the same time.

Infotainment sounds like the most needed thing there given how far behind the current system is.

Post #217327 18th Oct 2013 9:02am
cpd1

United Kingdom 

Interesting info, thanks for sharing. Now not sure what to do, was about to place a MY 14.5 SDV8 AB order for Mar delivery.
EU6 was the obvious timeframe for engine update.
Could live without as improvement to MPG are starting to become incrementally smaller...but infotainment is currently shocking and the rest also sounds really good. For £100k I would prefer a car not out of date within few months...

Post #217435 18th Oct 2013 7:13pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Have now requested a change from 14.5MY March delivery to 15MY September delivery.

Post #217441 18th Oct 2013 8:12pm
cpd1

United Kingdom 

Sounds like it will also come with meaningful price hikes if all the items you list are going to be std on AB... Guess 5% on a £100k car goes a long way Shocked
In any case, can't stop progress but makes buying new a daunting proposition. Early strong residuals won't last forever so might as well have the latest and greatest if one is going to take the pain/depreciation of buying new.

Post #217442 18th Oct 2013 8:29pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I want one...

Post #217450 18th Oct 2013 9:43pm
Stevek

Trommel wrote:
4 cylinder Range Rover - where do I sign?

9 speed ZF in the Evoque is a transverse box, a 9 speed would presumably be a development of the existing 8HP. Euro VI regs will surely mean some sort of urea injection system - hopefully they'll turn the wick up on the TDV8 at the same time.

Infotainment sounds like the most needed thing there given how far behind the current system is.

Yes, correct the current ZF9 speed is designed for transverse setup. This new version is suitable for longitudinal engine setups such as the Range Rover and Sport models. It's already in test mile stage on the LWB Range Rover mule apparently.

Post #217453 18th Oct 2013 11:55pm
Stevek

5.0 wrote:
What is the source of this info?

I have a friend who works for JLR in U.S. whom I recently visited whilst on holiday (vacation). He in turn has family connections with a guy that works for TATA in Mumbai. He happened to be visiting at the same time I was passing thru, we all went for dinner and a few drinks as you do. I mentioned that I was contemplating biting the bullet and purchasing a new Range Rover - the rest as they say is history.

I can't really vouch for the accuracy of any of the information other than to say he sounded very convincing, knowledgeable, engaging and informative. He rattled off the changes like it was second nature and as if he was reading it from some official literature (he wasn't!). He was massively enthusiastic and somewhat excited about everything JLR. I posted merely as a discussion, speculative piece. So please nobody come shouting at me if none of this actually materialises! Wink

Last edited by Stevek on 19th Oct 2013 12:30am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #217454 19th Oct 2013 12:12am
Stevek

Autobiography wrote:
Have now requested a change from 14.5MY March delivery to 15MY September delivery.

I would hate to be the person that has influenced you into delaying your order based on something I have posted. So I just want to point out and clarify that I don't know any of the specific details as fact. See my post above in terms of source. Having said all that I have also decided to wait and see what materialises for MY15 it's a big chunk of money and I want to be sure.

You obviously can make your own decisions and choices in regards to purchase but please don't come shouting if when the official announcement is made sometime next summer you are somewhat underwhelmed. If however you are overwhelmed after the official story then please do drop me a line thanking me! Wink Laughing

Post #217455 19th Oct 2013 12:23am
cpd1

United Kingdom 

useful info nevertheless, even if obviously just rumours. However most of it make a lot of sense.
EU6 requirements meant an engine upgrade and to be fair LR engines are a bit long in the tooth.
Infotainment: a lagging area vs the competition and one that hasn't seen an update for few years. Especially as they are quoted in the press saying they want to become leaders in the space and just added iPhone app and remote control for 14.5
Colour/Wheels: 2 new colours added for 14.5 and 2 new wheels included in black pack...
HUD: they announced it with the RRS but not detail yet
Improvement climate/seat control: makes sense given the near universal feedback that using touch screen for heated seat is sub optimal.
All in these points are credible, timing unclear but LR has done few updates pretty quickly in the short live of the RR and RRS already, effectively every 6 months, even less for RRS....

Range Rover 14.5MY UK Pricing & Order Guide - Issue 4 - 16th December 2013
Model Year: 2014.5
Version: 4
Production Date: 16-Dec-13

Issue Record and Changes Log
Version 1 07/03/13 Job#1 Start of Production
Version 2 28/03/13 Revised VED rates post April 2013 budget
Version 3 05/06/13 14.25MY Update, changes to ordering comments on certain features only.
Version 4 16/12/13 14.5MY change point

Post #217459 19th Oct 2013 7:07am
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Thanks for your concern. I'm fed up with LR to be honest because I purchased an 11.5MY L322 for there to be some pretty considerable changes for 12MY a few months later when they introduced body coloured everything and reduced option prices etc. I know for a fact LWB is being announced pretty soon. Additionally, I did think that it was odd JLR have announced so many changes for a half model year and not just waited for a full blown yearly model change.

Post #217460 19th Oct 2013 7:09am
andy180

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Heated armrests Cool Never thought about this before but now I want heated armrests Now: BMW 640d M Sport, Alpine White
Gone: Range Rover 4.4 V8 Vogue, Zambezi Silver, Charcoal Oxford Leather
Also: Mk1 Audi TT 1.8T Quattro, Brilliant Black
[URL=]

Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Post #218136 22nd Oct 2013 9:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>