Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > what fits what
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black
what fits what

hi all, i would like to start a thread that will tell owners what will fit there cars, like my self there are others that would like there car to look the best it possibly car, changing the from for 06 0r now 2010, wheels are a big topic, electrics including, audio,bluetooth,mp3 or ipods and trim ect.
i have done several retro fits my self and still working on a few now,
not every one gets the time to sit on the web looking for info but some of us have,so lets get a sticky together what will fit and not, what needs to be done to make said part fit, from the simple nav swap to the 2010 door cards.
daveo V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #18009 9th May 2010 1:26pm
stevegt

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Cairns Blue

I like the sound of this.

I can confirm that the Land Rover ACM is compatible for any MOST equipped Range Rover 05MY - 09MY. The instructions guide you through fitting to a 07MY -09MY vehicle, but it is a good starting point for earlier MY's.

The only difference really is the location of the Head Unit. It is behind the glovebox in 07MY but for 05 & 06MY it is behind the Touchscreen. This requires the top of the dash to be removed and the touchscreen to be unscrewed. To remove the dash top remove all visible Torx screws, the 2 under the centre speaker grille and the 2 under the side heater vent surrounds (both sides). Then pull the entire top sharply towards you, before complete removal disconnect the centre speaker. When removing the touchscreen I strongly recommend using a magnet to stop any stray screws falling down behind the centre console.

The cables supplied with the kit are long enough to reach the head unit but it is a little tight to get you had inside. For siting the iPod, USB and AUX connector I recommend passing the cables down the right hand side of the glovebox enclosure and through a small hole cut out of the fuse cover. The connector block can then be screwed to the side of the lining. Other than that the fitting instructions should cover you.

I am a complete amateur with no previous mechanical or electrical experience and I was able to fit the kit within 2 hours. I have subsequently sold another kit on eBay to another 06MY owner who had no problems fitting it either.

If anybody has any questions or get stuck whilst installing the please just PM me.

Steve

Post #18027 9th May 2010 9:59pm
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

This is for the 02 t0 05 pre touch screen cars

lets start with the easy ones,change the mk3 nav to the mk4 system, this is very easy and you will end up with a far better nav system, this was my first upgrade.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

TV tuner was the next, this was also very easy but finding a digital unit was the hardest part i have ever looked for. the hybrid unit was used on most mtec bmw after 04, 3and 5 series, x5 z3/4 had them but they are hard to find or when you do they are big money, but in my opinion a well worth upgrade with all the free view channels available and the fact that analog is on its way out fast.

ipod integration, i have not done this one my self but there are a few posts on here about the intravee along with the changing of the cd player for the later unit that plays mp3s and if you have the b54 radio you will get cd text,as long as its on the cd..
I KNOW OF A NUMBER OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE GOT MP3 DISC STUCK IN THERE PLAYERS TRYING TO SEE IF THEY WILL PLAY, ME INCLUDED SO BE WARNED,
They started to roll out the mp3 players after September 05 any thing before that will not work.

hi, we all know that putting the 06 on-wards fronts on to the l322 pre touch screen models 02/05 is possible and now the 2010 fronts have been fitted, lights grills,vents and wheels also fit, you can fit the 05 onwards mirrors to the earlier model but have to use the later switches in order to get the folding option to work, brembo callipers can also be fitted, but you must use a set from the supercharged and not the sport.

you can change your rear quarter windows with the 06 full glass to get rid of the large black plastic moulding on the edge of the window that's on the early ones,
Click image to enlarge

you can fit the bmw bluetooth unit,this gives you full voice recognition over the phone and nav,
the car will see your phone and connect to it as soon as you get in the car, this one does require that you have the pre wired telephone system in the car as other wise you will need to fit a complete telephone loom from front to back, not the end of the world..

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #18030 9th May 2010 11:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1