Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Bluetooth in my 02 L322 Vogue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 6 123456>
Print this entire topic · 
Petewake

Northern Ireland 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver
Bluetooth in my 02 L322 Vogue

Hi all,

I am new to this forum but have a couple of questions, if anyone could help me it would be great.

I have a 2002 Vogue 4.4 V8 and it has the cradle for the phone in my middle console, it also has a bluetooth passcode sticker when I lift out the little plastic phone holder, but I have no idea how to connect my phone to it or how to switch it all on.

Does this mean my Vogue has bluetooth? Does anyone know how to turn this on so I can pair my phone to it? It has like a little connection underneath the phone holder as if to connect a lead or holder into to charge the phone or something like that.

Also is there anyone on this forum who adjusts amps or adds an option in them to connect an ipod / phone into them to play music.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks

Pete

Post #217951 21st Oct 2013 8:59pm
Contraband

Scotland 

Hello Pete and welcome....
All the answers are here!
http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/search.php

Have you tried switching on the Bluetooth on your phone and searching to see if it picks anything up in the car? Previously..
Vogue SE TD6
Defender 90 2.4
Defender 110 TD5
Vogue 3.5 EFI

Post #217955 21st Oct 2013 9:19pm
Petewake

Hi Mate, Yeah I have tried searching for Bluetooth and nothing. But will search around the forum for a while and see what I can find for sure.

Cheers

Pete

Post #218007 22nd Oct 2013 8:20am
Bushy513

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Monte Carlo Blue

There are quite a few posts on Bluetooth connection on here. Searching will bring most of them up. Just make sure you have a working BT module in the boot. The previous owner of my FFRR took his one with him Censored I guess he bought another FFRR. Bushy

2003 RR Vogue Monté Carlo Blue

Post #218030 22nd Oct 2013 9:57am
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Bluetooth was never available on the earlier cars, so it must have been added after. Its either using a BMW ULF module on the end of the black 54 pin connector in the boot (having been rewired) or its an aftermarket kit.

Have you got any pics, of the connector near the phone and the kit in the left hand boot compartment ?

Have a search for "ULF" on here.

Welcome to the forum !

Thumbs Up 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #218031 22nd Oct 2013 10:04am
Budgie

Scotland 

If yours is fitted with BT as standard then you should have a "pairing" button at the front of the cradle in the centre console, under the arm rest.
Hold this button down as you put the key in the ignition and turn it to the first position. If this has worked you will see "Pairing" appear on the screen on the dash and then you can set your phone to search for a Bluetooth source and, when found, enter the key code.

If you're looking for the bluetooth module, it should be in the rear passenger side, behind the removable cover. As you're looking at the boxes in there, the BT module is bottom left and is a metal box about 4 x 9 inches in size. I'm sure there's a photo on here somewhere of it in place. Wink 

Post #218033 22nd Oct 2013 10:10am
mjdronfield

Bluetooth was never available. As standard or an option on the cars with BMW electronics, pre-touchscreen.

If it had the phone as an option when new, it will have the TCU, or Telephone Control Unit, in the boot. It does not support bluetooth. There is also the option of the voice module, which is also a separate unit.

The TCU is what the black 54 pin connector is originally wired for in the boot, on the earlier cars, and its why it has to be re-pinned for the later BMW ULF.

If it has bluetooth, it will have been fitted later in the cars life.

At this point, we just need to ascertain whether its BMW ULF based or totally aftermarket, like a Nokia kit or something.

With the ULF option, its completely integrated and is OE from later BMW X5's and 5 series, so would look standard fit. 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE

Post #218036 22nd Oct 2013 10:19am
Petewake

Pics

Guys,

Thank you so much for your help on this.

I have attached some pics, I ran a test from another thread I found on here which was to check if my pairing button is working. It is not, there is no beep when I hold it down in the vehicle, also when I try to pair it there is no pairing option comes up after holding it down the switching ignition on with it continually held down.

I think there must be a problem with the centre console wiring also just to check the owner has not removed the ULF module from the boot can you check the attached pics and let me know if it is there.

Cheers

Pete

Post #218070 22nd Oct 2013 2:02pm
Budgie

Scotland 

Bottom left of the third image looks like a Bluetooth ULF module.
There should be an antenna attached to bottom of the unit with a lead which will have white/purple connectors on it. 

Post #218074 22nd Oct 2013 2:17pm
mjdronfield

As Budgie says, ULF is fastened vertically in the bottom left of your last picture.

Sounds like you just need to put the ULF into pairing mode to get your phone to work.

With the ignition off, press and hold the pairing button on the cradle (not the wheel).

Hold for about 5 seconds, then (whilst button still pressed) turn the ignition to the accessory position, let button go after a further couple of seconds.

The monitor should say 'Bluetooth Pairing' and the 3 small LEDs on the monitor will flash.

On your phone, search for bluetooth devices, select the BMW one and enter the 4 digit pin that is on the part number sticker of the ULF or the sticker near your car phone.

You should hear a beep and see 'Pairing successful' or similar.

Turn the ignition off to exit pairing mode.

Hope this gets you sorted.

Would have been a pretty expensive kit, with the pairing button cradle and all........ 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE

Post #218080 22nd Oct 2013 2:58pm
Petewake

Hey,

So annoying, have been trying to pair it for a good while and took the leads off, put them back on etc but nothing, it is not showing any form of pairing at all.

Do you think it could be faulty ULF or is there a fuse for the ULF?

I have the module out now and you can see the pics below.

But no response from the pairing button at all, I should say my 12 volt in the centre console does not work do you think it could be electrical trouble to do with that?

If so does anyone know a post where it shows you how to find the wires for all this stuff in the centre console?

Cheers

Pete

Post #218100 22nd Oct 2013 4:52pm
Petewake

The voice control from the steering wheel works no worries if that is to do with the ULF module

Cheers

Pete

Post #218102 22nd Oct 2013 4:54pm
mjdronfield

The button on the steering wheel never worked for pairing with mine.

Do you get "Activate Phone" on the screen when you select telephone from the menu in the car ?

Make sure the ULF is actually powered (it will be if Telephone is in white on your cars screen). Fuse 22 in the Passenger Compartment powers the telephone circuit, if not.

Pretty sure you'll end up doing what I did, and simulate the button being pressed by shorting ULF wires in the boot. I don't have the phone hence no cradle to hold a pairing button.

As you only need to pair your phone once, until you change phones, its not that much of a deal to do.

You can also force the ULF into pairing mode if you have Navcoder, which is available on the web, but you'll need a canle. Have a search on here for "Navcoder" if you fancy going that route. Does all sorts of other stuff too.

I made my own pairing button in the boot. Just means you have to press it and then run to the front of the car to turn the key etc.

Again, have a search for "pairing" on here.

Some useful info on what I did. Was in the same position as you after I'd rewired my plug and fitted the kit..........

"I've just got the Bluetooth working, so to complete this thread for others, you need to short pin 32 from the ULF to ground to simulate the pairing button.

The ground pin on the ULF is pin 36, so you can use that if you don't want a switch in the front of the car.

The brown/black wire on pin 36 is the ground for the unit, so you will need to have it connected to the ULF as well when you short pin 32.

I put a "chocolate block" connector in the brown wire (don't know what the correct electrical term is !!) so I could just touch the wire from pin 32 to it, as required, without losing the ground connection to the ULF, if you see what I mean."

...above taken from this thread ;

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic9678.html?highlight=bluetooth

and a bit more info ;

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic14122....ing+button

You will get there in the end, I'm sure.

Thumbs Up 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE

Post #218106 22nd Oct 2013 5:20pm
Petewake

Thanks that is great info, I will have a look at those other posts and see if I can sort it.

I have a white telephone on the dash but when I click it nothing happens, I do not get activate phone or anything.

I will have a look and see what I can sort with those links but sounds real good about forcing it into pairing mode.

Cheers for you help

Pete

Post #218111 22nd Oct 2013 5:44pm
Petewake

Just a quick one,

Should I unplug the wire in pin 32 touch it into the wire in pin 36 while it is sill connected in there.

Do I do this when the power is off mate? Then how do you go about connecting the phone does that wire stay attached to pin 36 until phone is connected then with power on you put it back into 32?

Cheers

Pete

Post #218113 22nd Oct 2013 5:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 6 123456>