Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Upgrade - 2010MY Headlight Solution?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black
Upgrade - 2010MY Headlight Solution?

Hi,

I've been searching the internet for firms that might sell or do headlight conversions that are near as damn it like the 2010MY headlights and have found a company called
http://www.autoprestigecars.co.uk/usedcars

They are based in Bradford, Yorkshire.

Not seen any examples of their work but below is what their website says and I wondered if anyone had:

A. Heard of this firm (good or bad)?
B. Any thought on their claims?
C. Any thoughts on the price, which looks like £400 (if reading their site correctly)?

Thanks...

" APC HEADLIGHT CONVERSION - LED DRL 2010 STYLE FRONT LIGHTS FOR 05 TO 09 RANGE ROVER SPORT / VOGUE / DISCOVERY / FREELANDER:
Finally available, are these LED DRL Headlights for the 05 – 09 Range Rover Sport / Vogue / Discovery / Freelander.

We have only ever manufactured bespoke lights and styling parts for the major tuning companies, however we have now decided to offer our services to the general public for a limited period of time. This simple upgrade will make your Range Rover / Land Rover look like the 2010 models without the need of replacing your front wings / bonnets / grill / bumper etc etc... these lights will have the same visual impact.

These are your own genuine Range Rover Headlights, to which our engineers will fit the LED DRL’s, which are extremely bright and visible from all angles at all times, day or night, and we paint the light internals, bezels etc in gloss black (or any colour specified by the client) to add to the updated look, and also remove the unsightly orange reflectors. The internal indicator lens is also replaced to give a cleaner and newer look. Please note that the light output is not affected, and all modifications are fully road legal.

The whole process takes two days, and the lights are fully tested prior to being sent back to you... This is a professional service and our engineers have been designing and testing these lights for over 12 months now, this is to ensure we deliver a quality product to all our customers.

This is a brand new product, manufactured by us, that is not available anywhere else in the world!! We offer various designs, such as Led locations, i.e. 2010 design spacing / complete halo's (angel eyes), the new Evoque style led's, internal colours, carbon fibre internals etc etc... we can make the lights look exactly as you like...

£400 "

Last edited by pld118 on 25th Oct 2013 8:20am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #218569 25th Oct 2013 7:23am
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

No, I haven't heard of them. However, a few things come to mind.

The 2010+ LED lights are NOT the same size as the 2006-2009 lights. Because of that, the 2010+ grill and bumper are also different. So, what will these lights look like? They won't look OEM! Also, you will have the 'wrong' front grill for those lights. While the SC grill is similar, it is not the same. The nonSC grill would definitely look strange. There's a spirited thread going about 'facelifting' the L322s and whether it's a good idea. I think I would choose any of the three L322 'looks' over a half'n'half non-standard look. Of course, it's your car, so it's your rules. That's just my 2p.

Post #218570 25th Oct 2013 7:38am
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

RR, these aren't new lights, but conversions to make 2005-2009 lights LOOK like the later 2010- lights. Thumbs Up

Very interesting find, Ryan. Thumbs Up

But I couldn't access your link and couldn't find the company on Google. Confused Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #218571 25th Oct 2013 7:44am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Must be this lot: http://www.prestigevehiclesolutions.com/php/modifications.php

Post #218574 25th Oct 2013 8:05am
pld118

Firm quoted by Gary appears to be based in Wrexham.

My OP was about this Bradford firm:
http://www.autoprestigecars.co.uk/usedcars

Post #218579 25th Oct 2013 8:19am
pld118

@RR2008HSE - Thoughts noted, thanks. I've also seen the spirited 'facelift' thread Wink .

I've been interested in a Halo/LED light upgrade to refresh the headlights and improve their performance (it's the only aesthetic part of our 'original' SC that I keep pondering) but only if they had a factory type look and only if they were professionally done/ didn't cheapen the look of the car without resorting to the full front end conversion. No final decisions made yet, just exploring the possibilities (there have to be some viable options).

Thumbs Up

Last edited by pld118 on 26th Oct 2013 5:40am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #218580 25th Oct 2013 8:26am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RANGE-ROVER-L322...1e8073e750

Something like this i presume?

Post #218582 25th Oct 2013 8:41am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

My bad sorry, this is on their site: http://www.autoprestigecars.co.uk/accessories.asp

2010 APC HEADLIGHT CONVERSION
LED DRL 2010 STYLE FRONT LIGHTS FOR 05 TO 09 RANGE ROVER SPORT / VOGUE / DISCOVERY / FREELANDER
Finally available, are these LED DRL Headlights for the 05 – 09 Range Rover Sport / Vogue / Discovery / Freelander.We have only ever manufactured bespoke lights and styling parts for the major tuning companies, however we have now decided to offer our services to the general public for a limited period of time. This simple upgrade will make your Range Rover / Land Rover look like the 2010 models without the need of replacing your front wings / bonnets / grill / bumper etc etc..
To have a 2010 facelift, you can expect to pay around £3-5000, however these lights will have the same visual impact and cost a fraction of the price.These are your own genuine Range Rover Headlights, to which our engineers will fit the LED DRL’s, which are extremely bright and visible from all angles at all times, day or night, and we paint the light internals, bezels etc in gloss black (or any colour specified by the client) to add to the updated look, and also remove the unsightly orange reflectors. The internal indicator lens is also replaced to give a cleaner and newer look. Please note that the light output is not affected, and all modifications are fully road legal. The whole process takes two days, and the lights are fully tested prior to being sent back to you. There will be no extra work fitting them back to the car, just simply reconnect the main harness plug. We can also provide an exchange service should you desire, where we will send out our lights, and following the fitment of these lights, you will then post your lights to us. Prices and details are available upon request, as it is dependant on the car specifications. We can also work weekends.This is a professional service and our engineers have been designing and testing these lights for over 12 months now, this is to ensure we deliver a quality product to all our customers.
This is a brand new product, manufactured by us, that is not available anywhere else in the world!! We offer various designs, such as Led locations, i.e. 2010 design spacing / complete halo's (angel eyes), the new Evoque style led's, internal colours, carbon fibre internals etc etc... we can make the lights look exactly as you like... our limit is your imagination!

Post #218588 25th Oct 2013 8:55am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i gather you would like some kind of drl that isnt to much 'in your face' Ryan...as you might know i have converted my fogs into smd drls and they dont look to bad, also you might like to know that the IIDTool has the ability to switch on your main beams to 40 or 60% brightness as drls and changing the bulbs to white type ones improves the look even more..
the big advantage of this method is that if you dont like it you can switch it back to normal... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #218589 25th Oct 2013 8:57am
pld118

Thanks Stan/ didn't know that about the IID which is also interesting. The round sidelights on ours look almost yellow when illuminated, in contrast to the xenon main beam and that contrast is not very good looking, the standard yellow looking one appearing cheap IMO (presume you mean that these existing headlight unit bulbs can simply be changed to whiten/ freshen things and DRL opportunities are given via the IID)?

You're right though, I don't want a car to look like a Christmas tree.

If I did get a headlight conversion done or bought off the shelf new headlights, it's got to look just 'right'.

@CTC - I've seen that advertised light set on eBay before. The ad says it was done by iKONIC STYLING but I can find nothing about them on the internet. Yes, that is the 'kind if look' I mean/ presume that's not too dissimilar from the 2010MY illuminated look (I'm also interested in having the existing vertical rectangular orange reflector strip changed to the clear look, which the firm mentioned in my OP actually say they can do)?

Thanks for replies so far...
Thumbs Up

Last edited by pld118 on 26th Oct 2013 5:42am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #218603 25th Oct 2013 9:30am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

the front side lights can be very easily changed to smds which will compliment the xenons very well...the main beam h7 bulbs can also be changed easily to a white colour halogen for about £8 for the pair..

but remember if you do get the converted headlights then make sure they have the adaptive light function and although it isnt that difficult ,you will have to wire them up to a drl switch.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #218609 25th Oct 2013 9:50am
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Ryan, as Stan says, the side light bulbs are easily replaced with LED ones which get rid of the yellowish tinge as compared to the Xenon headlights.

My biggest concern would be the loss of the adaptive headlight function, so I'd be inclined to fit halos to what you already have, rather than fit new headlights.

Just my 2p worth! Thumbs Up Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #218612 25th Oct 2013 10:00am
pld118

Thanks Stan & alanm... Yes, if having the existing lights modified, I was thinking about adding Halo/LED/DRL to the existing lights as opposed to buying an off the shelf replacement light unit (would not want to lose any functions) Thumbs Up

Post #218617 25th Oct 2013 10:11am
pld118

Just telephoned the Bradford firm that my OP was about. Wasn't convinced based on his telephone manner. It is £400. His Speech, a little contrary to the advert, was that 'you won't exactly get a 2010 look'. The chap was vague, seemed disinterested and said that they fit ringed lights, 'about 5 or 6 lights' around the headlight (looks like 6 on the below picture). He says they do put the clear indicator strip in place of the orange and then you just put your old headlight unit back in the car and the ringed lights work via the sidelights being switched on.

I asked about a DRL switch and his response was 'I wouldn't advise you do that though to be honest', without further explanation as to why not.

When asked if he had photographs of a conversion, he told me to look on their website stocklist as 'there's quite a few of our conversions on there'. Well, I looked, couldn't see any and have since found their work via a speculative internet/Ebay trawl which as an advert for their £399 headlight conversion:

Have since left an E message for the Wrexham based firm that Gary Elliot mentioned. Response pending.

Post #218876 26th Oct 2013 3:39pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Sounds like he's talked himself out of a potential sale!

I suspect the true answer for the DRL question was he didn't have a clue! Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #218896 26th Oct 2013 5:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>