Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > DSC Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black
DSC Fault

I was at an offroading track yesterday and gave the FFRR a slow go on a few minor obstacles. I was on a patch of axel twisters. I had LOW, HDC, FULLY RAISED SUSPENSION and ROCK CRAWL all engaged. Speed was far less than walking pace. Suddenly the DSC OFF warning light came on and the message: TRANSMISSION FAULT, LIMITED TRACTION ONLY. The car proceeded without any problems (eg NO wheel spin). I had the 4x4 info screen up and it was showing both diffs locking and unlocking as required. A few minutes later, the light disappeared when I went back into HIGH RANGE.

I had to look up what the warning light was, as I've never seen to need to turn traction control off before! I did a lot of other driving (urban, A roads and motorway) the same day. Everything behaved normally. I don't think I've ever activated DSC as it's usually rather hard to loose traction on Tarmac. I tried manually turning DSC on and off later. It turned on/off without a problem.

So, just a little gremlin poking its head up and should be ignored, or a major problem that needs professional seeing to? Advice much appreciated. Bow down

Vehicle details: NAS spec 2008 HSE LUX with the 4.4 (natural) Jag engine.

Post #219125 27th Oct 2013 7:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1