Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > BMW aux input kit- will it work?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
BMW aux input kit- will it work?

Just found this on the net and was wondering if it'll work in mine:

http://www.xoutpost.com/electronics/bsws-m...ut-x5.html

If it does work, I'll be a happy man! 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #19202 1st Jun 2010 1:01pm
3R10

France 

normally the sat nav are the same, meaning the parts are the same! so it will indeed work! 2000 BMW M5, Avus Blue/LeMans Leather Interior
2006 Range Rover Westminster Java Black

Post #19211 1st Jun 2010 2:19pm
Andy

Cool! I'm off to purchase one then! 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #19228 1st Jun 2010 4:41pm
M44K TS

England 

Did you ever get round to buying one Noddy? If so, did it work? 2006 Mercedes CLS
1991 Retro-style Mini
But really finding it hard to fight the urge for a S/C...

Post #21975 9th Jul 2010 4:47pm
Andy

No, but I plan to very soon.

Anyone know how the radio is extracted from a FFRR? The site I posted a link to shows an X5. 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #22830 20th Jul 2010 5:19pm
Ajay(UK)

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Indus Silver

Before you rush out and buy the BMW Aux input kit you need to know that the Land Rover version of the BM54 radio module DOESN'T have the software enabled for the aux input Exclamation

I know this from personal experience here's an extract from my post in 2007 from another RR forum:

"Guys, the easiest thing to do is swap out the existing radio module for a BMW version BM54 (for UK & Europe) tuner that was manufactured after September 2002. Although the tuner in a Mk3 Range Rover carries the same model number (BM54) it never had aux input capability. Search ebay and you will nearly always find a selection. Make sure the K/W number is ??/03 or higher to ensure it has the aux input facility! (thats build week followed by the year)

Then pop down to your local BMW dealer parts dept and order their aux input cable 65 12 0 153 502 for under £40 - Make sure you get the version 'B' with a black 12 pin plug normally used to retrofit in vehicles with the radio module behind the dash. You need this version of the aux cable as it has the correct pin connectors to plug straight into your radio tuner.

There are only three wires in this plug and they need to be removed and plugged into the 3 empty sockets in your existing black plug that will then be connected back into your tuner. (pins 3,4 & 10). This does mean that your aux input socket is in the rear but for me this was fine as I wanted to hook up my DVD audio in stereo! If you want the socket up front for ipod etc. you need to extend the cable from the rear.

Once installed toggle through the mode button FM-CD-TAPE and then you should have a new fourth option AUX. When selected you can adjust the input gain of your audio source by pressing button 1 to 6 - I have mine set on 5.

Total cost???? well that depends on how much you shell out for a BMW BM54 tuner but a large part of this can be offset when you sell your Landrover BM54 tuner to someone who doesn't want aux input!! For me, although it was 18 months ago, I paid £250 for the replacement tuner, around £37 for the cable and then sold my old tuner for £200 - I'll leave you to do the maths but I think this was one of my cheapest upgrades!"

The radio tuner is located way down below the Nav computer in the rear left hand side and to replace it you need to remove the small section of the boot/trunk floor just in front of the side panel.

Just in case anyone asks this only relates to pre-2005 models with BMW wiring!

Hope this helps Rolling Eyes

Andy 2015 L405 SDV8 Autobiography, Indus Silver with Black Pack.
SWMBO: 22MY Defender 110 HSE X Dynamic, Gondwana Stone.
Gone: 2014 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury Firenze Red
Gone: 2006MY Java Black TD6 Autobiography
Gone: 2013 Jaguar XKR Convertible, Italian Racing Red with Ivory Seats
Gone: 2010MY Stornoway Grey TDV8 Vogue SE with RSE
Gone: 2008 Disco 3 HSE, Hybrid Tv + Retro-fit RSE System & DVD
Gone: 2003 Epsom Green 4.4i Vogue, LPG, Mk4 Nav, BMW Bluetooth Phone, Hybrid Tv Tuner,

Post #22834 20th Jul 2010 7:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1