Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Tune2air WMA1000
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
JAYBOY

Wales 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

An update on this bit of kit.

This has go to be one of my best purchases of last year.
Being an iPhone user for many years and liking gadgets i have bought lots of docking stations for myself and the kids.
However they have all been made redundant with the lightning connection being introduced and some have not got blue tooth connection so useless really.
Until i bought the Tune2air blue tooth devise. I have just tried it on my Bose sound dock and i can now steam music to it with full functionality. The remote control works and changes tracks.

Its a great bit of kit. Thumbs Up 2020 Porsche Panamera Turbo Hybrid (V FAST)
2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 V8
2018 JCW Mini Cooper
2018 Skoda VRS

Post #234093 11th Jan 2014 1:56pm
Googsy

Ireland 2008 Range Rover HSE TDV8 Java Black

Just rub it in why don't you Big Cry Present :2008 TDV8 HSE
Gone Audi A5 2.7TDI
Gone Discovery 3 HSE
Gone Mercedes CLK
Gone Range Rover 2.5 DSE

Post #234094 11th Jan 2014 2:07pm
B9er

Northern Ireland 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Java Black

This gadget and a smart phone equipped with Spotify is simply brilliant. I have no experience of the other available streaming services, so can't comment on their compatibility, but am well pleased with Spotify (Premium subscription) and the TuneAir adaptor. A seamless experience so far Very Happy Should've been old enough to know better...doh!
Current 2010 5.0 SC Autobiography
Previous 2006 TD6 Vogue SE
Previous 1998 P38 4.6 Vogue Autobiography 50 (No 10)

Post #237179 26th Jan 2014 4:27am
JOKER

Scotland 

Don't really see much difference to that than loading a dongle with iTunes and then plugging that into the centre console more or less does the same , that's what I do then again biggest majority of the time I just always listen to the CD,s

Post #237188 26th Jan 2014 9:00am
B9er

Northern Ireland 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Java Black

The difference is you are stuck with what ever music you have put on the dongle whereas the smart phone/music streaming option means you can have pretty close to any music you or your passengers fancy at a moments notice. No iTunes docking or computer required.
As an example my sister in laws three month old Mazda broke down yesterday and I went to rescue her and the contents of her car, before the breakdown truck could take her car back to the dealer. She would not be a fan of my music choices whereas I'm okay listening to her preference, so just started streaming her album of choice on the way home. Helped calm her down after a stressful morning Thumbs Up Should've been old enough to know better...doh!
Current 2010 5.0 SC Autobiography
Previous 2006 TD6 Vogue SE
Previous 1998 P38 4.6 Vogue Autobiography 50 (No 10)

Post #237189 26th Jan 2014 9:13am
JOKER

Scotland 

Thumbs Up

Post #237209 26th Jan 2014 10:20am
bwelton

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Just had mine delivered from amazon £54.98. Connected it up, paired the bluetooth and away you go.
Everything works, iTunes, Spotify, telephone via the second Bluetooth connection.

Best purchase ever !!!

When I step n the car and start the engine, the music immediately burst in to life, no re-pairing, no delay...

Post #275017 8th Aug 2014 8:22pm
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

I bought one for the Aston. It works excellently in that too. It's a great bit of kit and well worth the money.

But...

I think the sound quality is "acceptable". To be clear, not bad or poor. But not fabulous.

I'd say it is as good as FM radio with a perfect signal. But not as good as a wired connection.

95% of the time you won't notice but when listening to something rich that you really know well, you will notice.

I found that when "Shine on you crazy diamond" came on and I cranked up the volume. It was a little disappointing. Not terrible but "thin".

I guess that music over Bluetooth involves some compromises such as compression and bit rates.

The iPhone has airplay which is lossless but I haven't found a solution that works for that (I have a Dolry Hot Stone for my B&W Zeppelin but that does not work in the Aston).

Post #275049 9th Aug 2014 6:38am
bwelton

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Yes, it's not 100% quality of a wired iPod connection! but I do think its a lot better than an FM Transmitter. The advantage over an Airplay connection is the ability to control tracks from the steering wheel and see track listing on the car display.

Emperor Mong.. I guess everything works out of the box on your new RR ?

Cheers
Bob

Post #275056 9th Aug 2014 8:14am
ksskaret

Norway 2010 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

Got mine a few days ago (ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000 Bluetooth). How ever it doesn't flash when connected and it doesn't show up on my iPhone either Sad

I have checked the device with connecting it to my apple charger+30 pin and it then flashes and I can pair it with the phone. Anyone had similar difficulties? Could it be the iPod lead - tough it works with my iPod connected Embarassed

Cheers Range Rover TdV8 Autobiography MY2010
Defender 110stw Td5 MY2006

Post #399242 4th Aug 2016 9:13pm
nemesisdazza

England 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Had mine since I got my FF last June, been faultless 😊

Post #399261 5th Aug 2016 6:10am
Rob99

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Got mine from Nodder couple of weeks ago with the genuine LR cable and had no problems at all so far. Very Happy 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #399297 5th Aug 2016 1:36pm
Berty

England 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

Just bought 2 0f the bovee tune2air Bluetooth adapters for my my2012 1200 watt HK, using iPhone 6s, and also one for a friends my2011.5 again 1200watt HK but using iPhone 7, will these just plug and play or can I expect any glitches,using my old iPhone 4 as a iPod is ok but I never get the updates for new downloads as it's sim less, and I find plugging my iPhone 6 in a faff and when it's in the cubby box it restricts the signal, also can I use this I tunes match thingy (iCloud music) through it and will that display on the screen, I don't know enough to pay the extra for this yet, (old people and technology lol) but from what I can gathether it's like borrowing the songs instead of buying each one while you subscribe, but if I can't use it through the tune2air I will not subscribe as that's where Ill be doing most my listening, if some technical informed person can answer my questions I'd be most greatful thanks in advance Berty Bow down Thumbs Up
Oh and will this work just hidden away in the cubby as pics I've seen show it out, that stupid coily cable isn't the best it's a shame there is no way of adapting that 30 pin conector to a Iphone lead as that would solve everything as I always use a lead from the USB to keep my phone charged anyway, wonder if one of these would work

Thumbs Up
http://www.incarcables.com/media-music-interface-ports.php

Post #418396 18th Dec 2016 7:42am
Berty

England 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

Right I've cancelled my Tune2air,s (isn't amazon good ) and instead ordered 2of these, as I've read the quality through Bluetooth is compromised (any thoughts) I'll let you know how I get on Thumbs Up

Post #418399 18th Dec 2016 8:44am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Mine tune2air arrived this week. The sound quality is perfectly good Thumbs Up and it was just plug and play with the genuine LR cable. the 30 pin to lightening connector will work with the latter iPhones and you will get all the albums etc on the screen, but you will have to plug your phone it to get it. This is fine if you are needing to charge it for example on long trips, it is a pain when going to the supermarket etc.....the device will pick up from what you were last playing automatically, so you don't even have to get your phone out of your pocket.

The tune to air basically gives the system the same functionality as the newer systems, Then if you need to charge it a standard cable from the USB port works fine. Thumbs Up whIch is how I charge it in any case, so by my reckoning it's worth the extra £40 over an apple cable adapter.

Works fine left in the cubby by the way Thumbs Up not sure if iTunes Match works through it as I'm a Luddite and like to own the music I listen to. But indont think it's a good idea in any case. Unless you have an unlimited data contract, why would you want to stream your music from the cloud? Much better to have it on the phone the. You aren't subject to the vagueries of the mobile data service. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #418402 18th Dec 2016 8:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>