Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

hi you can download it from here:
http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl...GB376GB376
downloads
go down the page to old bmw E39, X5.. CARX for BMW E39, X5 (not the new models) (here the exe!)
AND THE FILE UNDER IT......
Also required: various DLLs and other files for CARX for BMW E39, X5

DAVEO V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #20753 21st Jun 2010 4:54pm
elpeede

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

Cheers Daveo , I had downloaded the Audi version by mistake. Embarassed Now I've tried Carx on two different branded laptops and I can't get it to play back wma files, or video files, I've set the directories up as prescribed and it finds the files ok.

RR another front end does ok so I'm foxed now Crying or Very sad . I would prefer to use Carx to keep it standard looking and less bling.

Anything about this on the forum you have managed to join Daveo? Windows media player looks like it should be working but doesn't seem to actually be playing.

This is all on a laptop trial so no where near the car yet Confused

Post #20864 22nd Jun 2010 5:36pm
daveo

hi, send me one of each of the files you are trying to play, just in case theres some thing wrong there but they play ok on my one...you have my email... V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #20879 22nd Jun 2010 7:15pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

No troubles here installing CarX either.
Then again, I can read German... Whistle

Laughing If you have any questions on an unclear Babelfish or Google translation, post or pm me. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #20931 23rd Jun 2010 2:28pm
elpeede

Sussed it, only likes MP3/Avi files for sound/video hence it just looked at me like I'm thick when I've been trying to play WMA files Whistle

Now I have worked out the creators error Rolling Eyes all is well Laughing

Looks like I have a lot of songs to convert!

Post #20993 24th Jun 2010 12:03am
daveo

hi, there is an older version of the carx programme that lets you add your own sound files for the start up close down of the programme,hence the sound files kicking around the set-up file, the author decided to disable it on the new version, i can finish it now that i have correctly identified the tape input wires on the radio

http://www.xoutpost.com/articles/x5/stereo...ation.html

will make the lead up at the weekend and will be able to give it the final test befor the final fitting. V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #20995 24th Jun 2010 12:20am
elpeede

Ok , confidence in the software is growing. Only glitch I find now using the mouse and not plugged in to the ibus is that it seems tricky getting back to the menu when watching an avi. I always seem to end up with a blank video screen.

Is there a way around this , is this just a quirk of mouse mode as opposed to ibus control from the buttons?

Post #21073 25th Jun 2010 5:12pm
daveo

hi, when watching the video if u hit the R key on your keyboard it will simulate a push on the right button of you head unit, this should bring up your menu and will allow you to exit.... V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #21080 25th Jun 2010 6:25pm
elpeede

Bow down U R Da Man! Thumbs Up

Another quirk. The Launch option opens up my selected program ok, then CARX dominates the screen again so I'm unable to use / view the launched program. Any way around this?

I'm now looking at bits required to make a servicable laptop from the junk here Smile

Thanks for the help so far - I've yet to find my radio in the boot or which type it is though I have a 2003 TD6 so guess it should be like yours.

Post #21108 26th Jun 2010 2:19am
daveo

hi, this is how my one is set up.. i dragged the carx icon,BMW icon into the start up menu ..
so when windows starts the carx programme is launched automatically and sits on the screen that asks you to click to start, at this point it is waiting for the message from the tape button, when it receives this it will launch into the full programme at the same time switching the monitor over.
if i have this wrong then i am not sure what you mean.
i have now done the rewiring at the radio unit, all works 100% , well happy.
i think when you get this far you will be to, its excellent, far better then any ipod kit.. V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #21143 26th Jun 2010 6:42pm
elpeede

I see what you thought I meant but no Laughing

In the settings , in the Launch option, same screen as the Music and Video folder selections, you can add a program to the launch area.When this is added your new external program (other than carx) can be launched from the new option on the main menu.

Once I launch the new program it appears on screen for a few seconds.. then CARX pops back up again and takes over the display leaving no way (it appears!) to get back to the seperately launched program.

For example if I launched skype I could see it for a few seconds before CARX takes the foreground again.

Otherwise, I've formatted my project laptop and began populating the goodies.

Adapter and ibus connection 1st on the wish list then plug for the radio next.. much like your setup. Cool

What did you order for the new radio plug? Just the pins? Any part numbers / supplier would be appreciated.

Post #21154 27th Jun 2010 7:22am
daveo

hi, yes i see what you mean, i used navcoder in the address bar and when i launched it and it appears after a few seconds carx pops up again, now i clicked on launch again and it popped up and stayed, are you running in 800x600 as this is the res you will need to fit the screen in the car, it seemed ok for the first few times but after a while using navcoder carx did pop up again.

with the audio side i have cut the tape input wires going to the radio and soldered on a pair of rca plugs this way if i ever need to reconnect the tape i can,

you want to use the black plug, at the rear on the left as you look at the pic, you need to use pin 1,2,7 and 8, the lead i bought was no good and the pins didn't fit ether, imp sure you could get the pins or even a old plug from the scrappy but as i said the rca;s seemed to be the best for me..

Click image to enlarge

NEW Small black plug: x13649 plug
Pin No. / Wire Colour / Function
1 / Tape left +
2 / Tape left -
3 / Left Connection for AUX Input
4 / Right Connection for AUX Input
5 / NAV / TV Audio +
6 / White-Black / Phone audio + Positive
7 / Tape right +
8 / Tape right -
9 / No connection
10 / AUX Input Ground
11 / NAV / TV Audio +
12 / Brown-Black / Phone Audio - Groundv

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #21191 27th Jun 2010 11:40pm
elpeede

Good stuff!

The articles I have read say to put a tape in, is this just to get the code for the ibus set right or does a tape need to be in all the time regardless. I'm officially running out of questions Laughing

I've just had delivered two nextbase in car dvd players - twin screen with one disc. The downside is it doesn't work out of the box so is going back. The good point is that the system will allow alternative inputs in either PAL or NTSC. My plan is that we can have the player screen for the two older kids and then put what ever media on to the laptop and control the second screen from the front of the car for the little nipper whos taste is more Fireman Sam. Then we can pop the front display back to the normal sat nav / cd player. Everyones a winner! Pictures when it happens (soon I hope!)

Laptop now has internet access via bluetooth to my Nokia. I already have a serial gps mouse from other tinkerings so this can go in to.

Post #21231 28th Jun 2010 6:44pm
daveo

Elpeede, your flying, the tape has to be in so the unit send a the code,no tape no code!, i went and bought a blank tape, believe me that was a mission...went in to hmv and ask for a blank cassette and the you idiot behind the counter laugh and said, do you mean video..no audio "who uses them,well out of date"...
i have moved my reversing cam over to my aux input so i have to select it from the screen when i want it but i now can use it while going forward, my next mod will be a front cam with a auto switcher.. i to have been getting a large selection of video music...i found the best way is to record from viva or music 4 on my hard drive recorder and then separate them,rename them and add them to the carx directory.same as i have a small wireless mouse and the kids can go through all the music using the rear screens and play what they want.. V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #21247 28th Jun 2010 9:40pm
elpeede

Right, I have a little time on my hands today doing Daddy Day care for youngest and being a shift worker means I get to entertain myself between chores.

Todays find is a program called Capture! which is free. Very Happy It records Video from a web cam to your hard drive and is built with carputing in mind. It will also record straight away from being loaded if you want so it is ideal for use with the Launch fetaure in carx. Also allows multiple cameras to be selected. Deletes files to allow constant recording without filling the hard drive so you can leave it running... or if you stop the recording click archieve or press a on a keyboard if you have one and it archieves the clip so it isn't deleted.

HOW FREAKING COOL IS THAT! Bow down

Found it here

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/software-s...rding.html

Here is the program if you want to cut to the chase
Capture!

Cheap Web cam in the Grill and you're sorted!

Waiting on my leads to arrive having placed orders last night, also gave my broadband a workout to download 31 Episodes of Fireman Sam from youtube making use of

http://keepvid.com/

Then worked out the the carx doesn't like MP4 format so converted them with the excellent free

Any Video Converter Which looks like it would download from youtube and convert direct. Awesome bit of software to have for a project like this.

Just think... "Top Gear" while waiting for the Mrs / Kids What do you think to that then Top Gear Towers Bow down Whistle

Post #21331 30th Jun 2010 2:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>