Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Climate control problem?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mikef

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver
Climate control problem?

I have a 2011 Vogue SE which is still under warranty for another 2 months so I am keen to sort this problem. If the climate control is in Auto mode and I set the cabin temp to say 20-22deg, I never get any air coming through the dashboard air vents whatever the outside temp and all the air seems to be directed at the screen or the footwells. However I do get a large volume of air coming through the rear vents as if all the air that should be coming through the dashboard vents is being directed through them. However, if I press the Max AC button or turn the temp down to minimum, I do get air coming through the dashboard vents. Then if I turn the Max AC button off or turn the temp back upto 20-22deg, I continue to get air through the dashboard vents as if the climate control system is then working normally. If I stop the car and restart it, then once again I get no air through the dashboard vents
My local dealer has investigated this twice and found no problem. The last time they had a look at it, they kindly provided me with a photocopy of the relevant page from the instruction manual describing the operation of the climate control system. I didn't think this was particularly helpful and in retrospect perhaps I wasn't as appreciative of this at the time as I should have been.
Anyone got any idea what's going on?

Post #256832 29th Apr 2014 10:00am
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

Search is a wonderful thing.
I cant answer your problem but am unhappy with the climate control in my car.
End of june 2011 car, since owning the car we have not had a proper summer but the air con bit has never been satisfactory. On Saturday the outside temp was 25c and after 1/2 an hour with everything set to min we still were far from cold. Gas has been checked and is OK.
Is anyone else dissatisfied with their air con, dealer is saying they are all like that sir. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #261047 23rd May 2014 9:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1