Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Loose filler neck and misfuelling device activated alot
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
boy1der_uk

England 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Loose filler neck and misfuelling device activated alot

So as the subject says, I’ve bought a 2012 Westminster it’s not been cherished it’s just been a car to someone who’s not a car or Range Rover enthusiast. During filling up yesterday the misfuelling device cut in and we had issues getting it to stay back up. I seemed like the slightest touch and it drops, I’d bet it’s knackered. It took quite some time to put 50L in for the 260 ml journey home so we just ended up aiming the nozzle in and looking like clowns lol it was an Esso station if that helps.
The owner did mention it can be temperament however I noticed the filler neck and steel collar the cap locks onto was waggling about a bit in the rubber gromit it sits in.
It feels as though it could be turned around in place and I think it has. I’m going to check later and perhaps take some pictures (if they’ll upload this time) any ideas?

I’m thinking that maybe the filler pipe and neck and probably the cap is past its best and needs changing? Am I right? Has this been done? Is it a big job and is it pricey?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated, I’m about to put an order together for the bits I’m doing to it so this could be added. [/img]

Br Lee

Post #684955 7th Feb 2024 2:18pm
boy1der_uk

Hopefully you can see how it’s sat off centre and then when I push it, it can move perhaps 15mm

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Best Regards Lee

Post #684971 7th Feb 2024 5:34pm
boy1der_uk

Upon closer inspection the action you do to release the misfuelling flap appears to have been done too vigorously and now the filler is loose in the hole. Not sure if there’s a clip or something to hold it in place, but the flap seems to be dropping at any opportunity so I’ll aim to replace the top bit with the device in it. Has anyone changed this top end of the neck? Best Regards Lee

Post #685007 7th Feb 2024 9:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1