Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > parking sensor and rear bumper trim..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
greasemonkey1

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black
parking sensor and rear bumper trim..

Hello everyone hope your new year is going well..
I have two question thats messing with my head at present,through my own naivete iv'e managed to put wax ( autoglym super resin) on the rear black trim on top of the back bumper,so i have now got white patches on what should be a black bumper trim,iv'e tried all sort to remove but its not budging,is there anywhere i can by a replacement bumper from and secondly i recently noticed that my front parking sensor are not working,to be honest as i don't rely on them much, i cant remember the last time i heard them beep from the front,back works 100% even though you can clearly see if you're approaching an object from the front easier than the back i'm a fussy git and like everything to work as they ought to,so is there a relay or fuse that i can check for the front sensor.? there is no wax built up on the sensors,if i could be guided to where the relay or fuse is i would be grateful...i have replacement sensors but for all 4 sensor not to work is rather odd so i thought id ask before i do any replacements...kind regards steve..

Last edited by greasemonkey1 on 20th Jan 2014 10:23pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #236031 20th Jan 2014 1:42pm
BILLTU

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Are sure the front sensors aren't working? Thought mine weren't working when I parked bonnet first in my space, then remembered the sensor system is only automatically activated when you select reverse. You have to manually select it if you want them to work and you haven't selected reverse. Just a thought. 2006 4.4 V8 Vogue SE
Honda CBR 1000cc Fireblade
Bultaco 350 Sherpa

Post #236039 20th Jan 2014 2:17pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

@gm1 -

AG SRP white marks can be fairly easily eradicated.

Clean the affected area with all purpuse or multipurpose cleaner (e.g cheap and cheerful 'Daisy' from Tesco). Use a microfibre material to give it a good scrub and a toothbrush or small paint brush for the nooks and crannies if necessary.

Once clean, you could try a smooth peanut butter on the trim or otherwise, for your external plastics/ trim, try applying this with a sponge and lightly buff it with a microfibre cloth or similar (I use it based on Gary Elliot's recc' and its the easiest most effective thing to use):
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...yId_255233

Thumbs Up

Post #236047 20th Jan 2014 2:38pm
greasemonkey1

BILLTU wrote:
Are sure the front sensors aren't working? Thought mine weren't working when I parked bonnet first in my space, then remembered the sensor system is only automatically activated when you select reverse. You have to manually select it if you want them to work and you haven't selected reverse. Just a thought.

thats a very good point that and it makes perfect sense,i will have a look @that tomorrow morning and get back to you...i feel like such a numpty... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed thank you BILLTU..

Post #236168 20th Jan 2014 10:18pm
greasemonkey1

pld118 wrote:
@gm1 -

AG SRP white marks can be fairly easily eradicated.

Clean the affected area with all purpuse or multipurpose cleaner (e.g cheap and cheerful 'Daisy' from Tesco). Use a microfibre material to give it a good scrub and a toothbrush or small paint brush for the nooks and crannies if necessary.

Once clean, you could try a smooth peanut butter on the trim or otherwise, for your external plastics/ trim, try applying this with a sponge and lightly buff it with a microfibre cloth or similar (I use it based on Gary Elliot's recc' and its the easiest most effective thing to use):
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...yId_255233

Thumbs Up
thank you for your helpful advise pld118,i will give that a go...much appreciated.. Very Happy

Post #236169 20th Jan 2014 10:21pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Welcome... GTechniq C4 is supposedly the best thing you can get for restoring int and exterior plastics/trim but is about £30 plus for a small amount of liquid and tbh, I've got some but could not believe how good, easy and pleasant to use the trim/tyre gel on the link is on the RR.

Autoglym Fast Glass spray can also get rid of the AG SRP whitening effect on plastics/ trim.

If these things don't shift it, it could be some sort of light overspray from a previous bumper repair/ smart repair.

Thumbs Up

Post #236170 20th Jan 2014 10:34pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

If all else fails the top trim can be easily removed and replaced. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #236172 20th Jan 2014 10:43pm
greasemonkey1

BILLTU wrote:
Are sure the front sensors aren't working? Thought mine weren't working when I parked bonnet first in my space, then remembered the sensor system is only automatically activated when you select reverse. You have to manually select it if you want them to work and you haven't selected reverse. Just a thought.

for a while the above method gave me hope that maybe it was me not manual selecting parking sensor button thus why they wont working but unfortunately i tried yesterday and nope not a beep,left the key in the ignition pressed the parking sensor button and went round the front and listened for that clicking ticking from the sensors,looks like the front parking sensor are messed up..i will wait till summer time and take the front bumper off and take the front sensors off and replace them..

Post #236490 22nd Jan 2014 2:23pm
jak480

Norway 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

If You can't hear any of the front sensors they might be deactivated.
You can reactivate them with IID-Tool.

The clicking sound can only be heard with a metal rod placed on them ( screwdriver on the sensor and keep the shaft near your ear)

Post #236494 22nd Jan 2014 3:04pm
greasemonkey1

cheers jak480..

Post #236563 23rd Jan 2014 12:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1