Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Dash camera fitment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
Joncey

Jersey 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Just made a few minor changes to by post adding links to download 0801 firmware and a link on unbricking your dashcam should you be one of the unlucky ones

Glad you like it, this is the first thing I have ever put on youtube maybe a start of things to come

Post #281543 17th Sep 2014 1:54pm
sleepezy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black
Re: Dash camera fitment

Thanks for the guide and please forgive my ineptitude but when I try to remove the end panel (shown removed in the photo below) I can't seem to get the airbag override switch out.

Am I just being a wuss and need to pull harder at the side panel?

Many thanks

Welshdragon wrote:

The passenger side panel is only push clipped in and will come off easily with care, careful not to damage the wood effect trim end. You will also need to take the kick panel off to access the wiring to fuse box to make things easier.

Post #286557 15th Oct 2014 12:28pm
Welshdragon

Wales 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Monte Carlo Blue

My panel just came off easily, there is no air bag over ride switch for the 03 RR, can you take a picture to add, might help others too. Thumbs Up
Sorry Im no help with your dilemma with that panel Embarassed If it dont work.......burn it!

If the IId tool cant fix it.......burn the FF.

If the FF cant be fixed......buy a Land Cruiser!

If the LC cant be fixed..............................................BUY a horse !!

Post #286603 15th Oct 2014 3:27pm
Zambezi

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

I fitted my camera to my FFRR today.
Same type as in this thread with I've fitted to my previous 2 cars and to my sons' cars. A great idea and I have used the camera in my last car to send to the police to show a very dangerous overtake by a nutter in a car last year....nothing was done though.
I bought my camera through Amazon, cost of £64.96 including the 32Gb mirco SD card and the GPS option which is useful for tracking the car after it's been in for a service......

http://www.amazon.co.uk/E-PRANCE-Original-...emory+Card

I used to do a bit of remote control scale aircraft modeling and the nylon control rods are very useful for helping get wires behind trim and dashboards. The ones I have are 1 metre long and 3mm diameter, simply push the control line through to where you want it and then tape the wire to an end and pull it through.
It took me 1 hour to fit everything and very pleased with the result. I put a USB socket behind the overhead console and wired that into the fuse box using No. 7 fuse with is not used for anything and ignition switched. Then used the USB to mini USB to connect the camera to the USB socket in the overhead console.
The next job is a reversing camera linked to the SatNav screen....
Cheers
David

Post #316613 6th Mar 2015 7:51pm
Welshdragon

Have a look at this thread, it might help. Thumbs Up

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic27439....ash+camera If it dont work.......burn it!

If the LC cant be fixed..............................................BUY a horse !!

Post #316621 6th Mar 2015 8:12pm
cliffc

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Zermatt Silver
Re: Dash camera fitment

Any update on how to remove the passenger airbag override switch out on later model L322's? Did you manage to sort it Sleepezy?

Post #321021 2nd Apr 2015 7:18pm
Joe90

England 

Thought I would feedback on my dashcam setup and fitting experience Confused

Bought one of the Eprance ones from Amazon, using up a gift voucher I got from work for 10 years service (the same length of my RR ownership), based on info from this forum and elsewhere. It is the Mini0805 A7.

Downloaded the AFTTool and set to work replacing the boot and shutdown logos (this before even fitted to car and used in anger). I backed up the existing firmware and used a copy of that to work on to get the new logos. On mine the original image size was 640x480 so setup the LR logo to be the same. All went well and created and loaded up the new firmware. However, all the configuration menus were blank Evil or Very Mad Nevermind I thought, I'll just reinstall the original fimrware. That done, all the configuration menus were blank! B Censored r! And I hadn't even used it. The chap on the interweb who had been hosting all the firmwares for the 0805 had just taken them all done due to "problems". B Censored r !

Looking around on the interweb I found SplashEtech who were selling the same model (mini0805) and had a firmware to download. So I grabbed that and installed it. Config menus back Very Happy . Slightly different configurations available but nothing to worry about. You know what is coming next, I couldn't resist doing the LR logo thing. Using a copy of the firmware I ran the AFTTool again and swapped over the logos. This time they were 720x480. Compiled the firmware and installed it. Hey presto! Success this time.

If anyone needs help with working with the AFTTool or firmware just give a shout.

Physical install was straight forward due to Welshdragon's previous efforts. I bought a 2 way cigar lighter connector and chopped one off, wired up to the piggyback for fuse 7, and drilled a small hole in the metal behind the side panel to screw in the earth. Starting from the rear view mirror I fed the cable up behind the headlining, around and down the A pillar cover (door seal side) and into the side pod. Checked power worked OK, plugged in the lead and put everything back together.

Now to actually use the thing! .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #353845 23rd Oct 2015 4:34pm
Welshdragon

Brilliant Tim Thumbs Up , the 0805 is a much newer and better camera for night time recording than my old 0801 Bow down

Now to do the rear camera Wink If it dont work.......burn it!

Post #353849 23rd Oct 2015 5:01pm
Ivor

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

Ref the side panel with the airbag I just pulled the panel off then disconnected the switch L322 2008 vogue
R53 Cooper S Works tuned beyond the works SOLD
R33 Nissan Skyline in rebuild 400bhp atw

Post #353853 23rd Oct 2015 5:37pm
JAYBOY

Wales 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Just fitted the same in the 90. Very Happy

2020 Porsche Panamera Turbo Hybrid (V FAST)
2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 V8
2018 JCW Mini Cooper
2018 Skoda VRS

Post #354137 25th Oct 2015 9:22pm
Pvw10

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Firenze Red

Sadly life is driving me towards fitting a cam, some great info in this thread.

My pennies worth is. surely as the camera is going near the mirror, and the interior light assy both has power and a good sized void why not put a fused splice into the interior lights or am I missing something ?

Just seems a good way to do it once you have bought a micro usb lead with flying leads.

All thoughts appreciated. Many thanks
Paul

Post #366715 12th Jan 2016 5:38pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

depends on the dashcam, some work off 12volts but many work on 5volts....

my two front cams both work on 5v so i've run an extension ciggy lighter into the void above/in front of the interior mirror and use two short usb cables plugged into a belkin usb plug thingy.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #366729 12th Jan 2016 6:39pm
Pvw10

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Firenze Red

Ah good one thanks.
I've located a micro usb lead that runs 5v/15w with flying leads which seems ideal. I'm just trying to find out what the camera I fancy on Amazon runs on as it doesn't say Many thanks
Paul

Post #366731 12th Jan 2016 6:43pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

another tip Paul is to get a dashcam with a capacitor rather a battery..the batterys only last up to a year and are a problem to get..

one of my fronts is this one,

Click image to enlarge
 ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #366734 12th Jan 2016 6:53pm
wayneg

Australia 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

I recently fitted one of the cheap e-bay models, A$18 or 9 pounds delivered so not expecting to much.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Full-HD-1080P-2...SwnGJWTgvO

I got my power in a slightly different way to others. Ran 12v power from my android head unit to the overhead console. Here I wired in a 5v inverter with 2 usb female plugs (A$5). Put up the dashcam and ran the usb cable under the headlining to pick up one of the usb ports. I have a second unused usb plug for future use up there. All very neat, the camera is on the passenger side of the rearview mirror just below the roof, I cant actually see it from the driving position

Click image to enlarge

It works surprisingly well, the picture quality is ok not stunning but for the price a bit of a steal. 2007 TDV8 VSE
2003 TD6 gone.
2002 P38a gone
1999 P38a gone
1997 p38a gone
1993 VSE gone
1992 VSE gone
1966 Series 2a with V8 conversion gone

Post #366791 13th Jan 2016 3:28am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>