Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > 06 Sat Nav Disc free to a good RR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JOKER

Scotland 
06 Sat Nav Disc free to a good RR

i have just received my 08/09 updated Sat Nav Disc for the FFRR and if anyone is interested in my old 06 European Sat Nav Disc they can have it F.O.C.

Might come in handy for someone b4 it gets lost or thrown out , i only have the Disc don't know what i did with the DVD COVER. Thumbs Up

Post #1423 27th Nov 2008 1:24pm
Full fat not diet

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Hi Mick, I run a 2004 FFRRVogue and i assume it would be a useful upgrade to my older disc. If it would work and improve my older system then i would love the disc FOC (of course i would sort postage!!) unless someone has beaten me to it!!! You can PM me if more appropriate Thanks Adrian

Post #1444 28th Nov 2008 12:25pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Quote:
You can PM me if more appropriate Thanks Adrian

you have a pm Thumbs Up

Post #1446 28th Nov 2008 12:51pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Adrian,

the newer DVD based Nav dic might not work in you car, check if yours is DVD or CD based first Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #1493 2nd Dec 2008 3:52pm
Full fat not diet

Thanks for the info RRUK. The DVD arrived today and i wont get the chance to check until the weekend as i have a seperate issue with my Sat Nav ( I will mention in a minute as you may have a view) My car is a 2004 Vogue but not with the Touchscreen Sat Nav. Perhaps this will be apparent if it is a CD or DVD system? Hi hope it will work as i was getting excited!!! - By the way A BIG THANKYOU to Mick for sending it - Top Guy

Anyway regarding my other issue with my Sat Nav is my battery kept going flat so i assumed i needed a new one so i replaced it. After a while that too caused problems if i didnt use my car for 4-5 days so the AA guy came out on an occassion when it went flat and he said i had a large battery drain. He thought he located it to the Sat Nav device ( i think the red power light to the monitor wasnt automatically going off?) and said he could disconnect it in the boot so i aggreed and thought i would resolve it when it next went into a garage. Anyway i happened to speak to an Ex LR guy. He asked if i had a tracker fitted and i said i think the previous owner had it but mine was not under contract. He said the problem might be down to a the tracker as sometimes they use the Sat Nav to get a feed and this can sometimes cause a problem? Anyway i havent had it sorted yet so await the solution. Confused

Post #1495 2nd Dec 2008 4:11pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I need to double check but I think the older Sat Nav might be CD based. When you look at the Sat Nav box it might say on the front if its CD or DVD, you disc in the car may also say. Either way, stick it in, it'll either work or it won't! It could also tell you in your user manual too.

Re the battery drain, the only way to diagnose these is for the car to be monitorred overnight I think. My M5 had a similar issue and it turned out to be the phone module, so they replaced it under warranty and I never had the issue again. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #1498 2nd Dec 2008 5:24pm
Full fat not diet

I will try the Disc and see how i get on. The New Disc says DVD on it.

Re Battery unfortunately i dont have a warranty so i have to pay the hours labour for them to hook it up on the machine. By the way is it just local dealers to me or everywhere that if there is any problem they charge i hour to hook it up before they start to sort the problem! The 2 dealers to me charge apprx 115 - 130 plus vat per hour? Seems extravagant when they havent sorted the solution and that is just to diagnose. Also that is the minimum and it can be more. £200 (inc VAT) odd of your fine english pounds seems to be expensive to find out what is draining my battery. It will probally then be another £200 to sort Ouch but i guess with RR ownership it is what to expect?!?

Post #1499 2nd Dec 2008 6:26pm
stumpy2268

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover HSE Td6 Tonga Green

Hi Mick,

just out of interest, where did you purchase your update sat nav disc ? I have seen them on the Land Rover website, but am not aware if they are available elsewhere at a saving.
Did you find the upgrade worthwhile ? I have an 06 car, and am not sure if upgrading after 2 years is a worthwhile option.

regards,
Adrian.

Post #1500 2nd Dec 2008 10:08pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Hi Adrian,

I only got the new 08/09 disc at the weekend and at the moment i have not used it as of yet , but i will be over the next few days to test it out as during the last two year there have been plenty of new roads that have opened up round my neck of the woods, where as b4 i looked as if i was driving through fields.

Plus with it being an updated European Version it will come in handy for when i am abroad

You could probably get cheaper ones on ebay but you are taking the chance of Censored up your sat nav dvd set up,

I am sure you can purchase them via www.navteq.co.uk in the region of £149.00

but if you give me a couple of days i will get back to you about the upgrade and let you know if there is much difference , as it is an 06 mdl i have myself........... Thumbs Up

Post #1502 2nd Dec 2008 10:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1