Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > Malaysian Plane 'Shot Down With 295 On Board'
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Makes you wonder if Malaysian Airlines can sustain this atrocity and keep flying. Two crashes in 5 months is very bad for business, public and market trust will be rock bottom. I know I will never fly them given the choice.

I guess it could have been any plane, I myself flew that route with Emirates to Singapore only the other week. Just horrifying. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #271549 18th Jul 2014 8:59am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

This set of Pilots must have actively chosen to fly over Eastern Ukrainian disputed area. As the map shows no other team of MA pilots has chosen this route for months!!! Question

Post #271550 18th Jul 2014 9:02am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Buk SA-11

What sort of weapon could bring it down?

An advisor to the Ukrainian government says it was a missile launched from a Buk SA-11, a Russian surface-to-air missile system used by both the Russian and Ukrainian militaries.

US intelligence has confirmed a missile strike.

There have been recent reports that there are SA-11 in the region. Justin Bronk, from the Royal United Services Institute, a defence think tank, told Sky News the SA-11 would be the most likely weapons system.

The SA-11 is a tracked-vehicle with four missiles on top that can fire missiles up to 22,000 metres in the air, at a range of 20 miles (32km).

Ukrainian separatists have used man-portable air systems - shoulder launched missiles that use infrared but have a limited maximum altitude, well below MH17's cruising altitude.

A column of Russia's air defence system Buk-2M launch vehicles rolls at the Red Square in Moscow, on May 9, 2013, during Victory Day parade.

A Buk-2M launch vehicle at a Victory Day parade in Moscow
The SA-11's radar can scan 360 degrees. When its crew detected MH17 at around 53 miles (85km) away they would have had between five and 10 minutes to acquire the plane, fire a missile and relocate.

The Buk uses radar, not infrared. It would be difficult to mistake a fighter jet for a passenger plane. But military transports - which have been targeted recently - do look similar.

The crew might have been aiming for a different plane in the area, and locked on to the MH17 by mistake, or locked onto MH17 believing it to be a transport.

Once the missile was fired, the crew would relocate immediately, as the powerful radar would give away their position.

Some airliners flying in conflict zones have missile warning alerts. Cruising along at what they thought was a safe altitude - even over a dangerous area of Ukraine - MH17 likely did not.

The pilots and crew would probably have had no indication a missile was coming.

The missile would not have flown directly into the jet, but drawn up close beneath it, then detonated.

However, engineer Daniel Holland told Sky News the wreckage looks more consistent with a missile impact to the tail or wing, given the spread of debris.

The Pentagon has satellites looking down over Ukraine. They will now be looking for the flash of the launch - and the radar signature of the Buk, which is highly unusual for the region. (Sky News)

http://news.sky.com/story/1303093/malaysia...ht-it-down

Post #271557 18th Jul 2014 9:13am
SteveF

United Kingdom 

ebajema wrote:
I'm fine thanks but I had a good friend and family travelling to Holland from KL on 17 July, trying to find out if he is OK !!

Just realized that the flight was going the other way.

This is ff-ing horrible, I have been on this flight before. I'm getting really p Censored ed off with this bloody Russian dictator that thinks he can still act like bloody Stalin.

We should shut down his bloody gas pipelines (i.e. stop buying his gas) and starve them of income and let the economy implode like it did in the cold war days. JLR won't like it because I think the Russian market is a big market for them but they can start selling them somewhere else.

Chuffed you and the family are safe Eugene!!!

Speak soon buddy....

Post #271710 18th Jul 2014 10:51pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Jesus ... Heard it all now , have you read the crap this Clown is saying about the flight ... Arse Pirate

Crash Victims  ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #271819 19th Jul 2014 8:15pm
PaulTyrer

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Cairns Blue

Well what else do you expect from people that are looting the victims, and discarding binoculars because they are broken!

I doubt that the black box will ever be found either!

Total ban immediately on any flights in and out of anywhere in Russia or the Ukraine, f**k em!

Post #271835 19th Jul 2014 9:32pm
Muttley

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

^ +1 Thumbs Up ……. totally disgusting !! Current : 4.2 S/C, now Sold Sad
Previous : V70 Volvo, S40 Volvo ( a very reliable old banger ), E39 M5, Carlton Diplomat and the list goes on Smile

Life Sucks but ya just have to do the best you can with what you have !

Post #271836 19th Jul 2014 9:36pm
JOKER

Scotland 

^^ Thumbs Up Thumbs Up ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #271838 19th Jul 2014 9:42pm
bigdave
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

About time we stood up to this little tw*t.

He has no regard for humanity or freedom.

Appeasement never worked in the past and it's not going to work now!

RIP all of Putins victims.

Censored All things transport - big or small, UK or planetwide.
E-mail info@md-couriers.co.uk

Post #271842 19th Jul 2014 10:27pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

I disagree. I think the black boxes WILL be found and released to international investigators just as soon as the Russians have had time to reprogram/re record them to say exactly what they want them to say. Evil or Very Mad

Post #272098 21st Jul 2014 6:59pm
TugRR

United Kingdom 

Interesting listening to a retired air crash investigator on the radio today who investigated the Lockerbie incident.
He stated - assuming the plane was brought down by an external influence - that the flight recorders are less critical.
The problem lies in recovering debris of said external influence before the "militia" have got hold of it.

What a truly horrible state of affairs. I offer my condolences to anybody affected by this.

Thumbs Up Where do you go after one of these . . . ?

Post #272106 21st Jul 2014 7:09pm
PaulTyrer

I work in the Oil & Gas Industry (CAD Admin), the company I am at now have a major Project for Gazprom on the Yamal Peninsula, its a job of approximately $25 billion.

In the bar tonight, talking to a guy who works for Shell, and he was saying about Roman Abramovich (plus all the other Russian Oligarchs now residing in England).

Seems that Abramovich had companies worth over $100 billion, Putin and his ex KGB cronies basically forced him (and others) to 'sell' their assets to Putin for 10% of their worth and they would let them live wherever they want to...

Putin apparently visits Holland on aregular basis as his daughter lives there, wouldnt take much for the SAS to let go a half ounce of lead off to take him out!

Post #272123 21st Jul 2014 9:23pm
PaulTyrer

Apparently, Malaysian Airlines are now flying over Syria Rolling Eyes

Post #272222 22nd Jul 2014 11:53am
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Great. THAT will improve things. Banging Head

I think we just settled the "fly or take the FFRR" argument. Mr. Green

Post #272296 22nd Jul 2014 7:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12