Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > Sanef Tolling Liber-T
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
peejay

England 2009 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black
Sanef Tolling Liber-T

Hopefully one of our French members can help me, or maybe a Brit that tours in Europe a lot

I'm getting set for a 3 week trip to France & Italy soon and followed the advice of a friend with a Disco who suggested getting a Sanef Tolling window tag so we can simply go through the auto lanes on the autoroutes, sounded like a great idea to save messing about with cash or cards every time we arrive at the toll booths (the missus is usually snoring every time we approach!!) so I ordered one and also got the Italian version. The instructions say to put it up by the rear view mirror on the chequered area as this is free from any reflective finish that may be applied as a heat reflective barrier - only to find that my FFRR doesn't have such an area, unlike his Disco!!

Does anyone on here use these successfully? If so, where do you put them?

Starting to panic a bit now as we're heading off soon, so any help to put my mind at rest would be very gratefully received, thanks

Post #274056 2nd Aug 2014 8:57pm
sleepezy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Use one on the annual pilgrimage to Le Mans - have mine (as instructed) pretty near to the rear-view mirror. Never had any issues at all - drive up slowly, wait for the beep and then boot it (once the barrier is up...)

Just stick it there and see - worst case put it in the middle glove box and open a window when you're approaching a toll but would be really surprised if you have a problem.

Post #274060 2nd Aug 2014 9:23pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Mine's right behind the rear view mirror where I can't see it whilst driving - works perfectly Thumbs Up

Post #274064 2nd Aug 2014 9:42pm
Greg66

2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Santorini Black

Yep - I went through exactly the same worry, but there's no need. Place the bracket close to the rear view mount, nice and high, and it will be fine. You will have anxiety at the very first toll, but after that, nail the "30" lanes, shouting "Sayonara, losers!" out the window as loudly as you can.

I did. It was nice. Wink Range Rover 4.2 SC
AM V12VS
Mini JCW conv

Post #274081 2nd Aug 2014 11:03pm
Joncey

Jersey 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Mine is up behind the mirror also, work like a dream all the way down to Cannes last month.
Just make sure you activate it as per the instructions that it comes with.
Then just sit back and enjoy the journey Thumbs Up

Post #274082 2nd Aug 2014 11:05pm
Nomad

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

+1 Mine is APRR - the Southern Auto Route company that offer a service via credit card auto debit. I stuck it to the right side of the mirror. Never fails.

The fast lanes (30Km/h) are great. The slow lanes are a Censored as they don't go up until you almost reach the barrier which keeps you guessing.

Once you are through it is one of life's little victories as you look back at the queues behind you Laughing

Tip: You can pick up spare badge (tag) holders for free at most Auto toll offices so you can swap the badge between vehicles in case of need. Thumbs Up 2012 5.0L S/C
Previous:
3.6 TDV8
4.4 HSE
P38 4.6 HSE
Classic 3.9
90 County
Series3 Lightweight

Post #274084 3rd Aug 2014 7:19am
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Quote:
Tip: You can pick up spare badge (tag) holders for free at most Auto toll offices so you can swap the badge between vehicles in case of need. Thumbs Up

Good to know - I only did this once & just held the badge up in my hand at each booth - it worked fine, but a holder would be better.

Mine is also APRR - had it ages & they were the only ones that would let you use a UK credit card - until Sanef joined up with Eurotunnel to offer them more broadly.

I keep expecting the battery to fail, I guess I should really get the unit changed at some point.

Post #274089 3rd Aug 2014 8:33am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Used mine to lemans, and just got back with the tin tent from Normandy.

Works perfectly! Just up behind the mirror on the uk passenger side is the perfect position, as the receivers are on that side on a pole by the barrier.

Without a tin tent on the back they are great and speed up the journey massively, not so much with, just easier as you can't use the height restricted lanes. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #274092 3rd Aug 2014 8:42am
Robert

France 2007 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Top left side of the window. so passenger side for rhd cars. Remember to take the item out of the clip if parked, you will not be the first one with a smashed window and a stolen quick pass.
Have a save and nice trip.

Post #274127 3rd Aug 2014 2:58pm
peejay

Excellent, all good stuff guys, thank you all so much for the help and advice, certainly relaxed about it all and looking forward to the trip even more now Very Happy

I've also ordered the Italian version so that should work just the same as the Sanef one Thumbs Up

Taking the tin tent down to Monza for the F1 GP then carrying on down to Misano for the Moto GP the following weekend, to say I'm excited would be a massive understatement Whistle

Checked the route out and we're going through the Mont Blanc tunnel - anyone done that before? looked at some of the roads on google and it should be an interesting drive up over the Alps.......so glad I've got the FFRR as I'm sure it'll take it all in it's stride Bow down

Post #274140 3rd Aug 2014 8:09pm
160dmb

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I regularly drive to Morzine in the French alps and can set you mind at rest on two counts, firstly the Sanef rag mounted behind the rear view mirror as everyone says is a really great help for the drive down, saves at least 1/2 hour, prob more on our drive and also saves waking the passenger up when they are asleep as you approach the booth.

Secondly having done the trip in a variety of cars over the years I can say an L322 is about the best thing yet (although I suspect a diesel S class might just top it, my father in law has one and I think they are quality.

Go enjoy! 2016 (L405) Autobiography in Black with Ivory - for ULEZ
2014 (L405) VSE in Black with Ivory
2011 (L322) VSE in Black with Ivory
2005 (3.2 V6) Porsche Cayenne in Black with Savanna
1999 (P38) VSE in Burgundy (?) with Sand

Post #274168 3rd Aug 2014 10:00pm
Weegie

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Had a Sanef one then changed for Alis. There was an additional small charge at the time if using Sanef also there was no deposit (since changed I believe) with Alis.

Wonderful piece of kit and, as well as saving searching about for change, makes life easier for RHD vehicles at the Peage if alone or OH is asleep!!

As others have said, there is some satisfaction in leaving the Peage when the people who passed you several miles up the road are still queueing.

Two years ago had a slight problem when on the motorway near Biarritz using the unmanned exit. The battery had died (after two or three years). It was easily overcome as all that was required was to use the intercom and give the operator the relevant numbers on the back of the doofer. It can still be used afterwards by using a manned booth and handing it to the operator who can then plug in the relevant numbers.

When we got back home Alis replaced it with another without any charge although they will charge you if you don't return the old one within, IIRC, a month.

The batteries last pretty well (several years in my experience) and, depending on your supplier, there is sometimes an office at the Peage where you can exchange it.

@Peejay
Check if you can use it in the tunnel. Some tunnels aren't in the system. John
2008 Stornoway Grey 3.6 Tdv8 Vogue
2005 TD6 Java Black Vogue - Written off!!
GAP iiD BT
2003 Discovery TD5 Auto, Nanocom Evolution - gone to a new home!
MasseyFerguson 152 - No electronics!! - Sold

Post #274400 5th Aug 2014 12:26pm
peejay

Hi Weegie,

Thanks for your reply which confirms what others have said and I'm glad I've got it now! Also ordered the Italian version so should be a simple drive down.

Neither of them will work for either Mont Blanc or Frejus tunnels so it's just gonna have to be cash or cards each way I guess, it's a pretty expensive toll through the tunnels and you can save a bit by getting a return but it's only valid for 7 days and we'll be down in Italy for 2 weeks so can't benefit there!

Looking forward to the trip Very Happy

Post #274404 5th Aug 2014 1:11pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

top tip....... Whistle

get a roll of Harris hose repair tape from halfords before you go £4.99, then if you blow an intercooler hose you can fix it well enough to carry on and replace it when you get home.

Get it because then it won't break Thumbs Up There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #274434 5th Aug 2014 4:39pm
peejay

Oh okay I'll do that on the basis that if I've got it I will not need it..............I guess that's what you did then, had some with you and didn't need to use it Thumbs Up

Post #274448 5th Aug 2014 5:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>