Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > Range Rover Vogue SE Radio
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
pw1

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey
Range Rover Vogue SE Radio

Good Evening,

I own a RR Vogue SE 2014. Within the first week we encountered issues listening to radio stations without getting Interference to the point of having to switch the radio off through sheer annoyance. This happens especially on local radio stations but can even happen on BBC Radio 2. Last week we took the vehicle from Norfolk to Yorkshire and it played up in many areas so it can't be our specific location! We used to have a 2011 RR vogue and never experianced any problems.

We notified our L R dealer within the first week and the vehicle has been back 5 times now with no fix. They even brought their demonstrator out to us and that did it as well.

Has anyone else experianced problems like this with their Range Rover??????

And as for Land Rover customer service, they are absolutely terrible. I have had three conversations with them and in the last it made me feel like never buying another L R again. They were so up themselves i was told point blank, there was nothing wrong with our vehicle and it was our location. They did not want to know and when i said our dealer had told me there was a fix coming they said "I dont know who gave you that information but it is incorrect, there is no problem so there will be no fix". Art this point the dealer has contacted Meridan (manufacturer of the radio) to see if they can help as they to got the brush off from LR.

£85K for a vehicle with a radio that does not work!! I would not mind as much but i also own 8 other LR products under 5 yrs old.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

An unhappy Land Rover Owner

Post #274476 5th Aug 2014 6:35pm
d3rm0

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Indus Silver

Are you referring to DAB?

I have problems in certain geographical locations where I lose signal. This happened in my L322.

Post #274493 5th Aug 2014 7:48pm
pw1

No, I am referring to "old school" Analogue radio. DAB is a no go in most places in Norfolk!

Post #274496 5th Aug 2014 7:51pm
d3rm0

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Indus Silver

Rolling with laughter

Sorry, I can't help as I use the DAB radio all the time. I don't think it's a recognised issue. My only advice is to get somebody to film it while your having the issues, put them on YouTube and send to the stealer. I did this with an intermittent audio issue in my L322. It did the job and they fixed it.

Post #274499 5th Aug 2014 7:58pm
pw1

The workshop manager has been in the vehicle with me and seen the fault. They fully admit there is a problem and they have a handful of RR's with the same fault. Trouble is Land Rover themselves wont admit there is a problem and have been totally unhelpful to me and the dealer.

Post #274507 5th Aug 2014 8:08pm
Java Jungle

Monaco 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Nara Bronze

Sorry, not the topic here but can DAB be retrofited?

Thanks,

JJ

Post #274621 6th Aug 2014 8:48am
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

DAB is standard and has been since 10MY.

Post #274644 6th Aug 2014 10:50am
SKOT

England 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Bonatti Grey

Java Jungle wrote:
Sorry, not the topic here but can DAB be retrofited?

There are various DAB retro options available to upgrade any stereo. Proceed with caution though, nobody really knows but it is very well debated and looks as though DAB may be the future Betamax and defunct. Coverage is one issue, that can be fixed by more masts, the real issue is bandwidth (which is like a narrow pipe and therefore means even with excellent / good coverage the quality is poor).

http://www.techradar.com/news/car-tech/why...it-1217586

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/01/07/iv...snt_in_it/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbys...dline.html

With the roll out of 4G and the potential of WiFi across radio waves it looks as though the future will be internet radio and streaming via providers like Spotify via your Smartphone / Tablet.

Ford (and many others) are already very advanced with this strategy
https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/Ford

With regard to the OP (pw1) - Agreed, you need to get your DAB working but when it is, just don't expect wonders from it.

There are lots of views flying around here, nobody really knows. Is DAB worth bothering with? Now there lies the question. A crystal ball would be nice! Thumbs Up 2006 4.2 SC
2019 Renault Zoe Dynamique Nav

Post #274649 6th Aug 2014 11:45am
Java Jungle

Monaco 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Nara Bronze

Nope, not standard here, maybe in the UK.

Thanks SKOT Thumbs Up

JJ

Post #274655 6th Aug 2014 12:40pm
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

It sounds more like an aerial problem than a radio one to me.

My Astons over the years have proven that they can barely pick up FM radio (Radio 4) where I live (Cambridgeshire). It comes and goes - suggesting that the local transmitter is a bit variable (even my home tuner struggles on some days/weeks). I have experimented with different aerials (with Aston's help) but the improvement has been, at best, marginal. Once in more populated areas, the signal is strong.

North Norfolk is a magnitude worse for reception if my recent jaunt up there is anything to go by.

My L405 Rangie, on the other hand, seems to pick Radio 4 up very well locally (I don't think I tried it in Norfolk).

I guess that the aerial will either be the shark fin on the roof or will be part of the elements embedded in the glass. Someone else will probably be along with the answer. Either way, improving it will be difficult, if not impossible.

As someone suggested, something streamed from your phone might work. The BBC app on my iphone is very good.

However, whilst it is a solution, it doesn't address the poor reception that you are getting.

Post #274679 6th Aug 2014 3:51pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account

Re: Range Rover Vogue SE Radio

Hello PW1,

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having with the radio fitted to your vehicle.

Please could you supply me with the following bits of information so I can look into this further:
Full Name
Email
VIN
Reg
Dealership

Many Thanks

Mike

pw1 wrote:
Good Evening,

I own a RR Vogue SE 2014. Within the first week we encountered issues listening to radio stations without getting Interference to the point of having to switch the radio off through sheer annoyance. This happens especially on local radio stations but can even happen on BBC Radio 2. Last week we took the vehicle from Norfolk to Yorkshire and it played up in many areas so it can't be our specific location! We used to have a 2011 RR vogue and never experianced any problems.

We notified our L R dealer within the first week and the vehicle has been back 5 times now with no fix. They even brought their demonstrator out to us and that did it as well.

Has anyone else experianced problems like this with their Range Rover??????

And as for Land Rover customer service, they are absolutely terrible. I have had three conversations with them and in the last it made me feel like never buying another L R again. They were so up themselves i was told point blank, there was nothing wrong with our vehicle and it was our location. They did not want to know and when i said our dealer had told me there was a fix coming they said "I dont know who gave you that information but it is incorrect, there is no problem so there will be no fix". Art this point the dealer has contacted Meridan (manufacturer of the radio) to see if they can help as they to got the brush off from LR.

£85K for a vehicle with a radio that does not work!! I would not mind as much but i also own 8 other LR products under 5 yrs old.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

An unhappy Land Rover Owner
 Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.

Post #275878 15th Aug 2014 9:05am
Macpaul

2019 Range Rover Vogue SE 2.0 PHEV Siberian Silver

Old post now I realise, but was this matter ever resolved?

I'm having the same problem. I just drive round with the radio off most of the time.

Post #392271 19th Jun 2016 10:08pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account

Hi Macpaul,

Thank you for your comment.

Should you require any assistance from myself, please do not hesitate to send a PM containing your vehicle information, preferred retailer, full name, email address and telephone number.

Many thanks,

Lucy Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.

Post #392311 20th Jun 2016 9:54am
Macpaul

2019 Range Rover Vogue SE 2.0 PHEV Siberian Silver

Dear Lucy,

Thank you very much for your interest and I am taking the car to Hunters LR in Guildford today to see if they can do something.

I wondered if the problem the original poster had here was resolved and if so, how.

If I have no joy with Hunters, I'll be in touch.

Best,

Simon.

Post #392318 20th Jun 2016 10:16am
wealy

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Luxor

I've just reported this exact same issue to hunters in Derby.
The service reception guy told me it was the cold weather?????
He said it was cold and foggy this morning and that can affect the DAB signal?
What a load of b####x

Disappointed

Post #424174 21st Jan 2017 11:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>