Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > 04 vogue bluetooth
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
V80DPL

2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black
04 vogue bluetooth

Can anyone give me advice on pairing my phone ? Not really sure if this can be done as my rr has the handset in the cubby box. Have checked out a few sites on the web but just seem to get more confused !!!

Also I was thinking of updating my satnav to the BMW mk lv dvd system, there is a guy on ebay selling new ones for 475.00, but then someone said all I need is the latest disc to put into my existing !

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Paul.

Post #1478 1st Dec 2008 7:05pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Are you pairing your phone via bluetooth, or by the cradle that is available on the range rovers which will work automatically when the phone is installed into it.

With regard to updating your Sat Nav you can buy the disc direct for a FFRR from www.Navteq.co.uk for £149.99 for western europe 08/09 version , or from any LR Dealership

Post #1479 1st Dec 2008 7:30pm
speedymarktd6

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

if you are trying too pair your phone to the vehicle this is very rough but here goas start vehicle turn on radio then on your phone switch on your bluetooth function make sure the phones bluetooth visibility is visible so that the vehicle can pick it up then search devices and it should come up with landrover on the phone select landrover then it will ask you for a password i think its 2121 enter password it will then say connecting on the stereo screen and i think thats it then if you go into the phone menu on the stereo it will say bluetooth connected hope this helps if i am wrong on any of this someone please correct me as im writing from memory thanks Thumbs Up onto no6 Range Rover

Everyone needs a hobby

Post #1481 1st Dec 2008 7:59pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Thats certainly the way its done for the touch screen Nav format, but I suspect he might have the older BMW based CD Sat Nav system.

I will do some checking on the GTR website and see if I can pull out the instructions for an 02 MY Vogue (if his is an 04 car its an 02 MY derivative).

Watch this space. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #1486 2nd Dec 2008 11:39am
RRUK
Site Supporter

Right, as far as I can tell, your car has the 01-02 MY configuration and you have the older BMW handset in the cubby lid, which I also had in my BMW M5.

I have pulled off the Land Rover GTR website the full user manual and also the quick reference guide.

I don't think your car has Bluetooth I'm afraid and therefore you won't be able to connect your new phone to it.

The best thing you can do is to put a PAYG SIM in the carphone handset (leave it in the credit card size surround when you buy it so it can be inserted easily) and then forward your incoming calls from your mobile to that PAYG number in the car whilst driving. If you want to dial out you'll have to use the handset's SIM and not your phone.

To download the manuals click here:

FFRR 02MY Telephone Quick reference guide

http://www.fullfatrr.com/gallery/displayim...&pos=3

FFRR Full telephone User Manual

http://www.fullfatrr.com/gallery/displayim...&pos=0 Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #1487 2nd Dec 2008 11:58am
V80DPL

2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Thanks for all your replies and time spent searching !

I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Cheers, Paul.

Post #1518 3rd Dec 2008 7:46pm
stumpy2268

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover HSE Td6 Tonga Green

On a similar topic, can anyone tell me if it is possible to upgrade the phone software in an 06 car to allow bluetoothing of the phone's contacts ? I am currently able to use my phone by pairing using bluetooth, but only see numbers, but no names. I am told that the TDV8 has full connectivity via bluetooth. is this an available upgrade to the 06 car's software ?

Thanks for any wisdom Smile

Adrian

Post #1843 15th Dec 2008 10:36pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

In theory this should be possible but you need to ask your dealer and see if this is a patch you can upload or not or whether it requires a different phone module.

Let us know what they say! Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

Post #1847 16th Dec 2008 9:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1