Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Rear dash camera fitment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

You have 2 choices, either fool the car into thinking it's reversing by tapping into the wiring - which is what I assume the switch that Welshdragon installed is for - or you can disable the safety feature that prevents you watching TV whilst on the move.

When I did mine, many years ago, the lead adapters were available from many places, but they seem a bit harder to come by these days.

There's one here or google something like TV Motion Range Rover Thumbs Up

Post #361038 8th Dec 2015 12:19pm
Chasazim

Australia 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

Thanks for the tip, will do more digging,

Post #361044 8th Dec 2015 1:04pm
Chasazim

More problems

Ok I now have picture but it is rolling continuously and I cannot access anything on the head unit screen,so I thought to check if the camera was on NTCS or Pal, silly me, I cannot access the menu on the camera. I thought something with my connections so I put a portable TV in the back and connected the cam to that but still no access to Menu, is the camera faulty or just my brain Rolling Eyes Big Cry Bow down

Post #361206 9th Dec 2015 8:04am
Welshdragon

Wales 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Monte Carlo Blue

The switch I fitted is the 'fooling' way of wiring it up, I did not want the reversing light to switch it on as wanted forward viewing for the trailer, which works brillianty.
my camera is ntcs format, as I guess all 02-05 models are, you could disconnect the camera from the screen and set it up to ntcs on the head unit first?
have you got the same camera as I have? Setting mine up was a little difficult as I had to remember how many clicks on the button to press........and yes I did get it wrong to start with but got it in the end. 😊

Edited- my first camera was faulty.......but I guess it was becomes I fitted it to the rear screen and it didn't like the slam shut shock! If it dont work.......burn it!

If the IId tool cant fix it.......burn the FF.

If the FF cant be fixed......buy a Land Cruiser!

If the LC cant be fixed..............................................BUY a horse !!

Post #361313 9th Dec 2015 7:06pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I had/have a little box that I used on my E60 when I had it. I wired it to the reversing light but also to the can-bus so that I could press the knob in the centre console and it would come on without selecting reverse.

You're welcome to have it and try it, as your car seems to be of BMW vintage. Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #361339 9th Dec 2015 9:17pm
Chasazim

Hello WD yes all the same, I ordered from the links you posted, I get a good picture on the head unit if it is set to Pal and the connection from the cam is in the video in jack with the earth from pin 17 not connected, when I wire it up as per instructions it messes the computer around and it does all silly things, like activating the GPS on its own. Can you tell me a bit more about that switch on the centre consol Whistle if that shuts off the nanny message then she will be right Thumbs Up I still cannot access the Menu Censored but I can live with that. The cam is recording fine.

ALANM3 thanks for the offer, but what is that little black box? You are a little to far away for me to just pop over to try it out Very Happy

Post #361434 10th Dec 2015 4:09am
Welshdragon

My switch is just a normal rocker type with 2 pins, simple on off which goes through to pin 17 on blue connector. The switch would of been the reversing light to activate camera, don't know why your gps is going on?! A bit confused about that sorry.

Have you set the head unit to ntcs? Go into television on the menu and then set, you'll see you can change formats there, pal and ntcs. If it dont work.......burn it!

If the LC cant be fixed..............................................BUY a horse !!

Post #361458 10th Dec 2015 10:11am
Chasazim

Good morning to you, sorry if I am a bit vague Confused This electrickery is not my game at all but I try,setting in the head unit is no problem if I have the cam plugged into the video-in plug on the new harness, but if I plug the cam into the camera-in plug and connect socket 17 to earth then I have no access to anything on the head unit, just a rolling picture, no access to any features. The radio, cd and tape work but in the background. I noticed that when I connect pin 17 to earth the navigation unit switches on and all the courtesy lights come on so it seems the system is powering up even though I haven't done anything else but connect 17 to earth.
I have left the head on Pal as it seems the cam must be on Pal, as I say as it is it looks fine as long as I don't put it in any gear, reverse or forward which defeats the whole object doesn't it?
Y

Post #361463 10th Dec 2015 10:57am
Welshdragon

Hmm got me on this one, I have no idea why the courtesy lights come on and you naviation too, mine dont, also to answer your first question (I've reread my hole thread again) yes the music does play in the back ground.
What fuse pick up did you piggy off?
Have a look also at cliffys link too, I did not use a relay as he did though. I just checked the wires on mine to double check my diagram is correct, the white lead on the new by pass loom is to the on off switch. If it dont work.......burn it!

Post #361569 10th Dec 2015 8:11pm
Welshdragon

Its been a while but I do look in now and then to see whats new here!

Not wanting to start a new thread on the camera, this year I decided to fit a camera on the back of my horse trailer. Its now easier to see those pesky tailgaters that like to hug the back of the trailer! Evil or Very Mad

After a discussion with my mate at work he came out with a wiring diagram to make it all work on 3 switches, this was so it could be independently switched.

So moving the original single switch from the flip up cover to the coin tray with some added switches and more wiring run to the back.

New trailer socket connects the cameras

Click image to enlarge

Coin tray ready to cut for switches

Temporary wiring to see if it all worked

My ladies Mr. Green

wiring to trailer socket

Neat job finished with 3 switches

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QJU7NBMF...ZZn9yeLHW6
Link above shows the 3 screens. If it dont work.......burn it!

Post #462826 31st Dec 2017 8:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12