Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Which of these two cars do you think...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
JPS

2005 Range Rover Autobiography Td6 Zambezi Silver
Which of these two cars do you think...

Have seen a couple of Range rovers that im interested in but not sure which one to go for.
The first is a 56 plate tdv8 vogue in grey

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...?logcode=p

second one is a 56 plate tdv8 vogue se in black

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...?logcode=p

The grey exterior is my preferred colour over black but then the black one has less miles and is the se model so gets cooled seats, better leather and rse but is 3k more expensive.

Which one do you think? Also its hard to tell in the pictures but what are the colours of the leather in each as they seem slightly different shades? thanks Thumbs Up

Post #287490 19th Oct 2014 11:03am
woodchip

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Orkney Grey

The grey one seams more genuine to me as the black one has after market chrome bling on it. A full service history is a must have, if it was me I would go Grey, but I would want to contact the previous owners first, easily done once you have seen the log book. Also the 3k would buy you a lot of warranty cover.

Post #287495 19th Oct 2014 11:31am
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I don't think a wee bit of chrome should put you off. It's easily changed and could indicate someone who had more interest in their car, than the grey car.

Service history could also be a differentiator.

If all comes down to whether you feel you want to pay the extra for the added SE luxuries and if black is preferred to grey.

I'm assuming you could chip a little off the price of the SE, so the price differential May not be as much as it looks on paper. Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #287497 19th Oct 2014 11:49am
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

The terrain response was always a big thing for me and the 2007 Black one has it. It is the more luxurious one of the two, less miles etc. etc.

I would go for that one if there is still enough in the budget to cope with issues (or get a warranty).

It is worth finding a good garage that can do a good check of the car. Not that it is full proof but for peace of mind, unless you have enough knowledge/experience yourself (or a good friend) to do that. That goes for both.

And as Alanm says, the chrome crap is easily replaced with decent looking stuff (colour coded or original). MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Last edited by ebajema on 19th Oct 2014 11:56am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #287498 19th Oct 2014 11:51am
alanm_3

All TDV8s have TR, Eugene Thumbs Up Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue

Post #287499 19th Oct 2014 11:54am
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Oops, overlooked that Alan, you're right.

I would still go for the black one Smile MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #287501 19th Oct 2014 11:57am
alanm_3

So would I Thumbs Up Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue

Post #287503 19th Oct 2014 11:59am
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Both nice looking cars.

The black car has done approx 35,000 miles less and naturally, you would expect that car to be more expensive to buy (not saying there is anything wrong with the higher mile car at all though).

Subject to personal taste and upon confirmation of history and close up inspection of condition, IMO, the more striking looking car would be the black one after the chrome grille was changed/ toned down.

All that glitters is not gold and they both appear to be clean cars from the images. The black car does look immaculate though (as mentioned, it would be interesting to see how good the paint was close up).

The grey car (on 19" wheels as opposed to the 20" wheels of the black car) has a centre cap missing from the rear near side wheel. The deployable side steps seem like an attractive feature.

As already said, you might well be able to negotiate the price(s) down and if you were interested in the black car and if *you* weren't keen on the current chrome grille, you might be able to include a grille change/ side vent change in the deal. If you don't ask, you don't get.

Post #287507 19th Oct 2014 12:21pm
JPS

Hi, thanks for the advice, I would normally like to view both cars but the fact there both a good 3-4 hours away for me makes this more difficult for me. Would you say the interiors are different colours or the same? Not keen on the chrome either on the black one but as said is easily changed. I like the sound of the cooled seats in the SE for the summer months which the grey one doesn't have. Think I actually prefer the alloys on the grey one also but don't dislike the others.

After speaking to both dealers they have both been serviced on time and according to the schedule. The black one is all Land Rover service history. The grey one is the garage owners car for the last four years and he purchased it on 65k miles and has been serviced at his garage ever since so not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Post #287520 19th Oct 2014 1:06pm
alanm_3

Both interiors look ivory to me.

As far as dealer service history vs indy (or whatever), there are those who will insist in the former, but the latter could result in the car having been better looked after, as the dealer stamp is by no means a guarantee of quality after service.

The cooled seats are fantastic and I wouldn't be without them!

Good luck with whichever you choose. Thumbs Up Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue

Post #287521 19th Oct 2014 1:20pm
JPS

Thanks, is the leather a better quality in an SE or are the seats identical just perforated? Any other differences in an SE over a vogue other than the cooled seats and rse? Do you get adaptive lights and laminated glass as standard in the higher model? Thanks

Post #287524 19th Oct 2014 1:29pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Ask for the garages that the history is from and ring them with the cars details... There are two types of service, the proper one and the cheap one where they do the minimal that is required...

I looked at a lot like that when sourcing one for a friend and although the dealers all say they are good the difference in the cars was substantial, a lot had severe corrosion on the rear arches, more than my 2002. Most had scuffed bumpers and damaged trim, and I wasn't going for the cheapest either....

There was underbody damage, worn tyres, scratched windscreens through old wipers, oil leaks... The list goes on and on...

They were all FDSH and lowish/average miles so really you have to look at them to decide....

Don't rush into it, they all drove nice and it's easy to get carried away... Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #287525 19th Oct 2014 1:37pm
Robert

France 2007 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Black is a terrible colour to keep clean and shining, you see every drop and little, tiny dustspot, silver is good for lazy carpolishers ( like me) The perforated leather does not stay as nice on the seats as the nonperforated, but seat cooling is nice. I like the electrical seat heating better as it warms quicker in those cold days as the blowen ones.
130k would be a no no for me (but a diesel would be anyway) Try a few more (and get a real one on petrol/lpg) Mr. Green
Succes with your search Thumbs Up

Post #287529 19th Oct 2014 2:08pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Mine is a vogue and has laminated front door glass......

Personally, I would go and see as many as you can, and buy the best you see. There are potentially loads out there. I would buy the most original, non messed about with, best looked after car I could find. And I wouldn't have another black one! It never looks clean!

Out of the two, if condition was similar i would go for the grey one, the steps are a boon and worth a few quid, it doesn't look like it has been faffed around with. And I prefer grey. With Ivory. But until you see it in the metal you won't know exactly what it's like. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #287545 19th Oct 2014 4:17pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Hard question. I like the idea of the steps with the grey one. If it has all you need, you like it, why pay £3K more?
Personally, I like the black one. (I HAVE a black one!) Yes, a Censored to keep shiny. It looks nicer, having the top spec is always nice, 35K miles is not insignificant.

Be very careful. Have whatever your interested in thoroughly checked out.

Possibly, going to see the black one with a copy of the other ad. "If you match it, I'll buy it!" may work, but only if you're offering a quick, simple, cash buy.

As others have said, look carefully and don't just buy the first you see.

Post #287620 19th Oct 2014 8:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>