Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Duckworth Parts > Rear Suspension 2006 Supercharged
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Stephen.125

2011 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black
Done!

Well, thanks to Dan, my front struts, and rear wishbones/toe links are now fitted!

Hub bushes possibly next on the list, but I'm buying the Ingersoll Rand QTi2135 first. The front hub bolts holding the struts were a real "laugh" Thankfully my 220lbs and 2' breaker bar won through. The nuts came off easily enough, but the bolts were well rusted into the hub/steering knuckle.

Excellent service as usual from Ducky Dan!

Also collected my proper jack (pictured next to my now <temper> deceased Hellfrauds 2.25t supposed 4x4 jack.)

Click image to enlarge

EDIT: 2.25 t on left, 3t on right.... by scale, if the HF one isn't a massive lie, the SGS jack should be safe for about a million tonnes.. I'm not affiliated with SGS, but the jack is a really serious piece of kit for only £130. it fits under my GF's EOS as it's only 98mm closed and lifts to 535mm which was plenty to haul both front or rear wheels off the floor.. tip: I made a 'T' piece out of layered oak, 4" square base and three layers of 1 1/4" oak 4" by 1 1/2" 90 degrees opposed (think plywood on steroids) This fitted between the exhaust pipes onto the rear cross member and allowed me to lift the back end really high very easily.

Also a great deal easier due to my IID tool!

Finally, the Supercharged struts have a threaded aluminium damper of sorts screwed into the top of the strut... This is a c. 13-14mm allen key fitting, easily replicated with a 14mm bolt and judicious filing and welding on a nut.

Car feels lots better.... just remains to be seen if it's £1100 better Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #290510 3rd Nov 2014 10:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12