Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Robert

France 2007 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Well, by the looks of it, you made some new friends RRG Rolling with laughter

Post #290394 3rd Nov 2014 9:10am
RRG

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Am amused (and fascinated) that selling a pair of side vents can generate so much interest/comment!

You compel me to correct some facts and debunk some myths:

1. JOKER: you have a downer on ebay fees. The listing fee was zero. The final value fee was <£5 meaning I netted £51. pld118 thought that £30 was 'reasonable, but did not make an offer. So was it better to net £51 on ebay, or not receive £30 on FFRR? Let me know if you need help on that one...

2. alanm_3: your 'less than sensible offer' was for the grille, not the side vents. I realise that they look similar but you would need a hacksaw and some patience to make them fit. Turning to the grille itself, the famous 'less than sensible offer' was £50 inc P&P, meaning £35 net to me. Turns out someone was prepared to pay £67.55 plus postage on ebay, or £62.55 net to me, meaning that my circa £5 invested in using the ebay platform delivered an incremental RoI of 450% !! If only I could do that so easily with less trifling sums of money...

So I think there are two key conclusions from this analysis:

1. if you want to sell something for a sensible price, use eBay
2. if you want some entertainment (and make some new friends), use FFRR

Laughing

ps: all very tongue in cheek before anyone gets too offended

Post #290470 3rd Nov 2014 6:25pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

well if you're happy having ripped some poor sod off, that's between you and your conscience.

I was all too aware of what I had offered and for what i was offering it against. Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #290483 3rd Nov 2014 7:50pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

@RRG,

If you re-read my post that referred to £30, it didn't actually say "I" thought it was a reasonable amount or otherwise, it actually said that the 'market' was 'currently deciding' (i.e words trying to describe an ongoing market decision making process as opposed to 'has decided', words that would have equated to a final outcome).

My post also pointed out that there were '2 days to go', again in the full knowledge that the interim £30 bid might well increase over the coming days.

You are correct in one respect and that is I didn't make you an offer because ours has the same style SC side vents already.

My posts didn't undermine your advert though and probably - like other posts - brought it to the fore on the forum which likely maximised your forum coverage for the duration of the sale.

ps... I suppose if the final bidder became aware that it would have cost £75 plus postage via this forum, they would think they'd bagged a right bargain! Laughing

pps... You seem happy with the outcome and that's the main thing. Like you, no offence intended or taken.

#Tongue in cheek

Thumbs Up

Post #290485 3rd Nov 2014 8:16pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Well I wouldn't have accepted £30 either , I just thought you were offered nearer your original asking price ....

And I suppose £51 is better than a boot in the balls with ski boots ....

PS. ... Water off a ducks back .... Don't get offended too old for that pish ... Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #290505 3rd Nov 2014 9:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12