Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Sold the TDV8, but there's (petrol) light on the horizon
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
expatmarais

United States 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey
Sold the TDV8, but there's (petrol) light on the horizon

So due to job move we are leaving Europe and off to US.
Sadly the 4.4TDV8 has been sold to make way for an Amrican petrol replacement.

I have already shortlisted two cars.
Both 2012. Both Black.
One is a 5.0 V8 HSE (equiv to Vogue SE I believe) $60k 37k miles.
One is a 5.0 V8 Supercharged. $68k 49k miles.

So I'm extremely tempted by the HSE as lower miles and price but real world plenty of pace.
Am I missng something though as the dealer is telling me that the SC is THE wanted model and resale will be easier.
Has anyone experience of the non supercharged engine?
Thanks.
Ps. The last 3 weeks without the RR has just been horrible and I can't wait to get back in the FFRR - totally addicted in a mere few months of ownership. Current: 2017 RR Supercharged. 5.0 V8.
Previous: 2012 TDV8 Vogue SE Santorini Black

Post #288939 26th Oct 2014 8:45am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Do you have to make a quick decision before you arrive to secure a car? Or can you turn up and test both cars? Because obviously that would be the preferred method Thumbs Up (drive them back to back)

Post #288962 26th Oct 2014 10:58am
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

American HSE = UK Vogue SE sounds right. The HSE LUX adds a few more goodies (basically all the SC stuff except a supercharger).
I wouldn't agree that the SC is THE model. They're both good. One of the local salesman said the SC was selling very well, but mainly for people who needed to show they had the "top model." If you want the extra power and have the $, go SC. Very Happy You won't regret it. I didn't and have never regretted it. Frankly, the FFRR is not a common site over here, you could have a 2003 HSE and a 2012 Autobiography sitting next to each other and few would be able to tell which is the "new" one (if they're in similar condition of course).
What's the 5.0 NA like? I've only got the 4.4 NA, which I think is terrific. I've never wanted for more power. The 5.0 NA output specs are almost identical to the of the 4.2 SC. So, try out a older SC for an idea of performance. Of course the 2012 NA will have all the newer stuff, so the 4.2 can tell you it will be "at least as good as..."

Post #289039 26th Oct 2014 9:31pm
expatmarais

Cam-Tech-Craig wrote:
Do you have to make a quick decision before you arrive to secure a car? Or can you turn up and test both cars? Because obviously that would be the preferred method Thumbs Up (drive them back to back)

You're right of course. I'll drive both but given how scarce on the used market, didn't want to lose out.
Was interested to know what the view is on the non SC if anyone knew. Current: 2017 RR Supercharged. 5.0 V8.

Post #289216 27th Oct 2014 5:42pm
expatmarais

RR2008HSE wrote:
American HSE = UK Vogue SE sounds right. The HSE LUX adds a few more goodies (basically all the SC stuff except a supercharger).
I wouldn't agree that the SC is THE model. They're both good. One of the local salesman said the SC was selling very well, but mainly for people who needed to show they had the "top model." If you want the extra power and have the $, go SC. Very Happy You won't regret it. I didn't and have never regretted it. Frankly, the FFRR is not a common site over here, you could have a 2003 HSE and a 2012 Autobiography sitting next to each other and few would be able to tell which is the "new" one (if they're in similar condition of course).
What's the 5.0 NA like? I've only got the 4.4 NA, which I think is terrific. I've never wanted for more power. The 5.0 NA output specs are almost identical to the of the 4.2 SC. So, try out a older SC for an idea of performance. Of course the 2012 NA will have all the newer stuff, so the 4.2 can tell you it will be "at least as good as..."

Thanks RR2008SC. Both are almost identical specs both have a luxury pack. One has RSE but I'm not fussed about that.
Compared to my TDV8 from the same year which had a rotary gear controller, both have a conventional gear lever. Is this a N American market thing or did the petrols always have that do you know?
I will drive both back to back as suggested above in very near future and comment in perf then. Current: 2017 RR Supercharged. 5.0 V8.

Post #289218 27th Oct 2014 5:46pm
CSK

France 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Causeway Grey

Rotary gear controller came on petrol models with the L405. L322 petrol models still had the stick. The only L322 with the rotary gear controller was the 4.4 TDV8 which you have.

Post #289221 27th Oct 2014 6:03pm
VMPP

Portugal 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I would go to the SC. powerrrrrrr Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post #289223 27th Oct 2014 6:20pm
CSK

France 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Causeway Grey

+1 Thumbs Up

Post #289226 27th Oct 2014 6:30pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Yes, expatmaris the petrol cars only ever had the six speed gearbox with the 'regular' lever. I've only seen the rotary knob in photos (and Jags) until the coming of the L405 and L495. I pretty sure it wasn't even a option over here for the L322.

Post #289907 31st Oct 2014 2:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1