Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > PowerfulUK's sill treadplates (AKA Tasmods)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey
PowerfulUK's sill treadplates (AKA Tasmods)

When Land Rover supplies your FFRR they put a trim strip on the edge of each door at the carpet, however they don't fit anything to protect the painted sill that is hidden when the door is closed. Land Rover accessories sells FLAT sill protection plates but over on RRSport.co.uk one of the members took to manufacturing his own that have a lip that curls over the outside edge of the sill to give better protection from scuffing and it is wide enough to fit UNDER the rubber door seal. His ability to produce in large numbers was limited - RRSport owners labelled these sill plates Tasmods. Now the same design are sold by PowerfulUK and I have just fitted a set to my FFRR:

The brushed stainless steel plates arrive extremely well packaged - large cardboard package containing a lot of bubble pack containing another cardboard box that has the plates wrapped in thick padded protective plastic film. Each plate is supplied with 4 heavy duty self adhesive strips running the full length of the underside of the plate

Before installing the sills should be cleaned with the special cleaning wipes supplied with the plates, plates should be test positioned before peeling back the protective strip on the self adhesive strip - this is a fiddly job and really requires somebody with long finger nails to start the backing for peeling off. Once the plastic stip has been peeled back then push the sill plate under the rubber door seal and push down to get good adhesion - PowerfulUK suggest not touching the plates then for 36-48 hours to allow the adhesive to set.

Front before

Front After

Showing the curled lip on the sill edge

Rear Before

Rear After

For those with Supercharged cars these plates are also available engraved with "Supercharged" on them
the RRSport version comes with Range Rover Sport engraved on the front set.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #26202 23rd Aug 2010 1:59pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Havana

i got the *Supercharged* ones from them Smile All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #26203 23rd Aug 2010 2:26pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 

I believe that Lockwoods now have the rights to the tasmods (they've just done a batch of DISCOVERY ones for DISCO3 members) - Powerful UK may well be sourcing from them Smile

Post #26219 23rd Aug 2010 6:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1