Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Are you embarassed being seen in a FFRR ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
kin

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver
Are you embarassed being seen in a FFRR ?

I bought mine because I wanted a commanding view,also for its off road capabilities(not that I will venture off road), luxury, comfort, roominess and of course badge snobbery Mr. Green

BUT..when other road users or people on the street looked at me driving such behemoth of a beast, I can't helped but feel they're looking at me in disdain and with disappoval Confused Or am I just being paranoid?

How do you guys feel about it when driving your Rangie?

Post #1668 11th Dec 2008 6:47pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I look at them and think.....F*** 'em.

They shouldn't be so pathetic. If they're jealous they should work harder and earn more money as we have.

I hate people that do that.... Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #1669 11th Dec 2008 6:50pm
Full fat not diet

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

I think you are a bit paranoid as i dont believe that peple are hostile towards FFRR's, in the same way people love Astons etc but some Porsche / Ferrari drivers people think "What a Censored ". But Astons and FFRR drivers are normally treated well. You will go through a period of adjustment as you get use to the FFRR. I find most people look to see who is driving but not with resentment or anything negative. It is amazing how much attention these cars get.

However, if you are treated with anything other than you deserve then i too echo RRUK's thoughts and think F*** ' em!!!!!!

I cant say the same for the RRS though as most in my village are driven by women who cant /wont park or drive them properly and may be they get treated differently. If they were fit then maybe RRUKs thoughts would also apply but on a different level (Just Joking and not intending to offend!!!!) Laughing

I would find it more embarrassing driving something that wasnt a FFRR now Thumbs Up

Post #1672 11th Dec 2008 7:22pm
speedymarktd6

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

my FFRR ticks all the boxes for me VERY cappable off road which i go every day (farm land and landfill) safe for the family , fits in with other posh vehicles , very cappable tow vehicle and cheap to run if i didnt have my FFRR id have to buy bout 4 other vehicles just to achieve my daily chores and to answer your question i baught mine because i wanted one not to fit in with ppl and not just to look good i dont care what ppl think bout mine as its them who are missing out hope that helps Thumbs Up onto no6 Range Rover

Everyone needs a hobby

Post #1675 11th Dec 2008 7:31pm
kin

Full fat not diet wrote:
It is amazing how much attention these cars get.
I think your right there...i'm amazed at how much attention these cars still get, despite it nearly 8yr old design Bow down

Post #1676 11th Dec 2008 7:39pm
JOKER

Scotland 

I bought mine to downgrade and see what the commoners were driving .......... Thumbs Up

Toying with the idea of putting a Diesel one on the road as a TAXI ..... well it beats your usual VECTRA , SKODA OCTAVIA , ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #1679 11th Dec 2008 7:48pm
JOKER

Scotland 

[quote]"RRUK" I look at them and think.....F*** 'em.[quote]

Well have to differ on that one Guys , certain parts of Glasgow you could get away with that attitude , but in other certain parts of the city that attitude is more likely to get your car ( shall we say a small and unexpected facelift not commissioned by LR of course ).

Plus maybe a slight respray all be it done by a 2 litre tin of Dulux.

Also being able to see daylight through those Ugly Kid windows in the back when a B&Q hammer comes thru it.

Not too mention up here they would rip you up and use you for arse paper.....

THAT'S WHY THIS IS SUCH A LOVELY PLACE TO STAY ............... Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Last edited by JOKER on 11th Dec 2008 8:20pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #1683 11th Dec 2008 8:17pm
speedymarktd6

i might try shouting out the window "IM CONSIDERABLEY RICHER THAN YOOOOOOUUU" HE HE LOL Thumbs Up onto no6 Range Rover

Everyone needs a hobby

Post #1685 11th Dec 2008 8:19pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Doing that you wont need AIR -CON coz you wouldn't have any windows left Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter ====================================

Post #1688 11th Dec 2008 8:24pm
Full fat not diet

Wow a Glasgow Special Edition FFRR - More exclusive than an Autobiography and with a unique paint job and bodykit Rolling with laughter

Post #1693 11th Dec 2008 8:31pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Better watch out this site is turning a bit comical , and interesting with the jovial banter , dont want to be blamed for bringing the site into disrepute.............. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Ner Ner Ner Ner ====================================

Post #1696 11th Dec 2008 8:36pm
kin

Full fat not diet wrote:
Glasgow Special Edition FFRR
Thats funny, GLASGOW SPECIAL EDITION Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #1697 11th Dec 2008 8:38pm
Full fat not diet

Mick i think as there only seems to be about 5 of us here we should all drive the Glasgow Special Limited Editions. I will have mine in Black with Acid Streaks and Full Aircon and the full bodykit - I reckon i could get them to catch on down here - Am i the only guy down this part of the world that contibutes to the site

Post #1700 11th Dec 2008 8:44pm
speedymarktd6

it would have to be a petrol s/c as it would drink the most .........scotland , drink ba dum tush sorry couldnt resist Rolling with laughter onto no6 Range Rover

Everyone needs a hobby

Post #1706 11th Dec 2008 8:50pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Petrol , up here we use that to put a kick in our Whisky................ Thumbs Up ====================================

Post #1709 11th Dec 2008 8:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>