Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > How to... Fit Android Head Unit to 2002-2005...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 15 of 19 <123 ... 141516 171819>
Print this entire topic · 
Nigelpugh

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Giverny Green

I'm assuming its this one?

Post #476205 19th Apr 2018 10:18am
Nigelpugh

robanzac wrote:
khyber wrote:
I am happy to report that Eonon GA6201 unit is plug and play with HK Logic 7 system and its amps. It sounded great in fact.

I tested with the included short connector and hopefully it would work with extension wire which is on its way.

I will have to plan the installation as it seems a little daunting. One of the issues making it difficult is the fact that my car is in a public garage.

I know this is going back a bit now so you are unlikely to be still lurking, but have you any photos of it in the dash? I really like the look of this Eonon unit as it seems a little less curved than a lot of the others. Maybe that's just an illusion.
I note now on the Eonon site that the most recent version is probably GA8201 for BMW E39 1995-2002

again i would like to know more about this, as this is the unit i have purchased and am fitting now.

in the picture i would like to know which plug is attached to the back of the unit.

none of mine on the long loom seem to be the same type of plug/socket?

Not sure if i am missing something?

Post #476206 19th Apr 2018 10:25am
Nigelpugh

Install update.

I managed to get to the BM54 unit and connector, and realised that it was the correct connector to one of Rhe plugs on the extension loom.

Succes! I now have a working unit, but sadly there is no sound out of the head unit at all? Anyone got any ideas what I should look for?

I’m assuming the connections I used go on and into the DSp amp?.

I’ve also used the fakra connections and got a full working fm radio now too, well tuning at least as it’s finding all the rds stations and names.

Sat Nav on google is working after a fashion as is the Bluetooth phone too.

I can even report that the steering wheel, connections work, as I can increase the volume and change the mode too.

As far as the sound is concerned I’ve tried it with the old head u it connected and without , but no difference either way.

Finally as you can see form the screen when in dvd mode, it will not allow me to play it as it’s says it’s prohibited when the car is driving.,of course it’s not.

Is this to do with the handbrake feed connection?.tried it within it on and off, no change.

If anyone has any pointers on the sound that would be great!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #476219 19th Apr 2018 12:33pm
Jmckenzie295

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

So I have not long joined the forum, but been looking into this for a while now and this is brilliant. My DSP is temperamental. I have taken every th ING out a while back, cleaned all connections and worked brilliantly. But back to being temperamental again.

I have recently seen the part (DA2604) that allows me to choose a headset to put in and will connect to the old connections. however I don't want any older kit and not really bothered if the head unit gives me consumption etc.

I can't see the pics from the original post, so I want to ask something, am I right in saying that you are moving all the connector wires from the back to the front?

Is there somewhere I can see the pictures in the post?

Cheers

Post #476228 19th Apr 2018 1:33pm
Nigelpugh

Sadly all the original pictures got lost due to the original image hosting site.

It looks like they are not coming back either sadly!

I’ve been taking quite a few picture of mine, as I’ve installed it along the way, so they may help you a bit.

I’m pretty much done with my install now. But as I said still no sound from the speakers.

To answer your question, I have the long cable which extends the connections from the back of my Eonon head unit to the rear of the car where the amps etc are Located.

My original head unit is now located in the glove box, DSP and other items working,but of course no tuner now as I have the unit removed as is the original Sat Nav cd rom, and the disk changer.

I suspect the reason my install has no sound is due to the DSp expecting some other type of input.

The Eonon unit does have pre out at the back of unit, but not tried hooking this up just yet.

Post #476234 19th Apr 2018 2:55pm
Jmckenzie295

Yeah I noticed that you are still using the DSP etc. But I don't want to as it's a pain. I would prefer everything out of that compartment and that's why I am thinking that people are taking the cables from there all the way back down to the front of the car and connecting to the new head unit.

Post #476241 19th Apr 2018 4:34pm
Nigelpugh

Ok I see, I might end up getting rid of my DSP too.

At the very least as my original head unit is fully functional, at least I can sell it on eBay! Along with the BM54, the cd auto changer and the Sat Nav cd rom.

My install is pretty much done for now just the sound to sort out.

All,in all I’m very happy with the look of the unit, and all the functions too, it’s amazing just what can be a achieved in a head unit now for just a few hundred pounds!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #476248 19th Apr 2018 5:07pm
Jmckenzie295

Looks nice. Hopefully find the sound issue.

Post #476251 19th Apr 2018 5:13pm
Nigelpugh

Thanks!

I’m sure it can be sorted fairly easily, I just had hoped it would be almost plug and play using existing connections
Despite being an electrical and electronics engineer for the past 30 years, I still hate cutting factory looms and soldering into connections!

But if it has to be done it has to be done!

Post #476252 19th Apr 2018 5:16pm
ironhorse

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Giverny Green

just fitted this bit of kit to a mates car and i can confirm it brings the DSP on with an after market head unit with the OME screen removed

http://umno-tech.com/catalog/product_info....fae2ec029b

i would say this is the bit of kit you need
nige Thumbs Up

Post #476272 19th Apr 2018 8:45pm
Nigelpugh

Thanks ironhorse!

So what does that do then exactly?

Also the audio in, on the picture looks like just two phono conceptions, is it taking that direct from the head unit?.

If it’s just two channels, how would we then control front to back balance?.

How did you wire it in, it looks like it’s in the boot amp area yes?.

Post #476289 20th Apr 2018 6:37am
ironhorse

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Giverny Green

It just sends a canbus signal to switch the DSP on
You do loose front a rear fader bit it's set to zero by default

Web page gives you full run down and fitting instructions

Worked for me. Thumbs Up

Post #476298 20th Apr 2018 9:17am
Nigelpugh

Thanks again, yes I thought it was the Canbus Control.

However my Eonon head unit is working fine with can bus, as all the controls are working on the steering wheel.

I’m just wondering if I need this, or just need to work out the wiring.

Do we think that the problem is the dsp amp is looking for an unamplified signal from the head unit output, which I assume is what the original head unit must be providing?

There is an option in the advanced settings of the Eonon unit to turn the dB gain output down I wonder if that would work.

Also I didn’t spot it on any of the other posts, but what do I need to set the dsp too on the original amp, does it needs to be turned up on the volume to give the output signal?

Post #476300 20th Apr 2018 9:46am
PIMCO

Norway 

Very informative thread!

Any way to resurrect the photos from the original poster?

Post #498975 17th Dec 2018 10:33pm
rr4tq

United States 

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I am having the exact same issue where everything is working except no sound is coming through the speakers.

My radio doesn't scan the stations...I unplugged the radio antenna from the BM54 and plugged directly into the Eonon extension harness's radio jack. Is that right? Everything else pretty much plugs in as it should but no sound!

My Eonon unit is the GA9301B which is similiar to what's been documented here except this has the updated Android OS. I've also purchased the extension harness from Eonon part A0582. Here are pictures of my install so far...what am I doing wrong?

Extension harness plugged into BM54

Removed radio antenna from BM54 and plug into the extension harness radio antenna jack

The Eonon unit came with a CanBus decoder. I assume this is needed? I plugged this into the extension harness and when I did it, the interior lights came and "woke up" the car.

This is the back of the Eonon head unit showing extensions harness and radio antenna plugged in. The unit powers on but I can't scan radio stations and no sound from speakers.

Post #520573 3rd Jul 2019 8:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 15 of 19 <123 ... 141516 171819>