Print this entire topic · 
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green
Product Review – AutoGlym Aqua Wax

Price: £10-£12
Where to buy: eBay, Halfords
Rating (1-5):*****
Link

I bought some of this as I’m a bit of a brand whore, once I’ve chosen my brand, I’ll stick with it and buy everything in the range. I usually use Demonshine after every wash during the drying process, I’ve always been very pleased with the streak free finish and the shine afterwards.

To use the AquaWax one sprays the wax onto a just washed wet panel, even the glass and plastic trim are OK. The important thing is that the surface must be wet already, not just have a few beads of water, literally wet. The downside with this is that you can only really do one side of the car at a time, on a hot day maybe only rear door & rear wing then front door and front wing.

Once sprayed onto the wet surface wipe over with a drying towel, your aim is to spread the wax and water all over evenly, but you don’t need to be too specific. Once you have 99% of the water off then use a large soft microfiber cloth to give it a very light once over to pick up the 1% of water/wax mix left.

The result is a super smooth glass-like finish, one I’ve only ever got in the past with a full polish & wax. Whilst this is no substitute for a polish followed by a couple of coats of decent wax, it’s a darn site faster and easier on the hands! Adding about 30-45 minutes to the wash. It’s great that you can use it on the windows and black trim too where as normal polish and wax would be a nightmare.

I wash my car 2 or 3 times a week depending on how many miles I’ve done and the weather. I would have no problem adding this wax to 1 wash a week, maybe if it keeps the car looking better for longer reduce to 1 or 2 washes per week.

To summarise: Very happy with this product, definitely one to look out for next time you’re in Halfords and wondering what else to get on your 3 for 2 deal.

Post #26806 30th Aug 2010 7:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1