Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > GeatBox service interval different opinions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Rangeyman

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

verydisco wrote:
Hi

note this is was a complete flush (100% of the oil was replaced), not just a drain and fill (still better than nothing).

Trany oil filter is mandatory when draining indeed.

I did not get the engine coolant done, if you could it would be great of course. I did get it done on my 2003 4.4L V8 on last month when we prevently replaced all rubber hose, the rangie being 12 years old now and 70.000 miles.

Our 3 year old coolant is probably alright but of course, new would be better. I will ask my mechanic about it. Thumbs Up
When you say it is a complete flush 100% how do you get it all out in one go ,am assuming you are talking about an auto box?

Post #311825 9th Feb 2015 8:49pm
Mikey

Scotland 

A fancy machine is plumbed in line onto the gearbox oil cooler.
The oil pump inside the autobox pumps out all the old oil, measures it, and automatically pumps new oil back into the gearbox

Doing it this way, there is almost zero contamination between New and old oils

Thumbs Up

Post #311832 9th Feb 2015 9:16pm
x-box

update,
dealer called me the leak is from the oil cooler and they say LR don't have the parts of it at the moment, the parts could be available on 2-3 days or 2-3 weeks. Censored Censored Censored how come such a common parts is not available?
they say its absolutely fine to drive for the time been as the leak is very minimum --- whatever they say, I don't think I will feel comfort to driving knowing somewhere in my car the oil is leaking.

return the replacement car to dealer, drive my own RR back, wait for their call to deliver my RR to them again will cause a lot of trouble for me, I rather leave my car with them until its fixed. the dealer say they will contact the car rental company to see if I could do that. what you guys think? should I able to keep the replacement car until mine is fixed?

Regards
Henry.

Post #311995 10th Feb 2015 5:51pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Henry,

Assuming you took your car back to the selling dealership, two considerations offered here:

1. As you've mentioned, ask them to keep the RR, you keep the courtesy car and tell them you don't want the RR returned to you until it is properly repaired. (or)

2. Ask them for a written assurance that the car is fit for purpose, driveable even with the leak/ any other pending repairs and that to drive it pending their repairs will not cause any long term damage and/ or otherwise invalidate your LR warranty. If they confirm that in writing and they do not want you to keep the courtesy car for now, inform them that you will agree to having the RR back in the interim if they deliver it to you and if they collect it, providing you with a courtesy car when the repairs are being done; and provided that they return the repaired car to you/ retrieve any loan car, when the repairs are eventually complete.

Thumbs Up

Post #312077 11th Feb 2015 7:52am
x-box

Many thanks Ryan,
the problem is, the dealer I took the car for repair is not the selling dealer, as the selling dealer is a bit too far compare to my preferred repair dealer.

at the moment the courtesy car im driving now is provided by LR warranty from a rental company.

when I drove to drop my RR on Monday, they checked their booking say they barely have the time to have a look at the leaking problem this week as they are too busy, then, they asked how will I go back, I say LR provided the rental car, then, they say, in that case, they have to get the car checked within 48 hours as there is a lot of pressure from LR.
thats why they say they need to check with the car rental company if I can keep the courtesy car if I leave the RR waiting for parts.
will see what they say... cannot believe for oil cooler(or some parts associated with it) LR don't have a parts for it.
Regards
Henry.

Post #312084 11th Feb 2015 9:43am
Rangeyman

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Mikey wrote:
A fancy machine is plumbed in line onto the gearbox oil cooler.
The oil pump inside the autobox pumps out all the old oil, measures it, and automatically pumps new oil back into the gearbox

Doing it this way, there is almost zero contamination between New and old oils

Thumbs Up
Ah yes just seen above,where can you get that done and how much does it cost?s

Post #313098 16th Feb 2015 7:07pm
Mikey

Scotland 

Costs between £250-£300 for a flush. Not sure if there is anyone near you to you that has the equipment

Post #313105 16th Feb 2015 7:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12