Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Heating is there an issuse - or is this normal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rr driver

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 V8 Santorini Black
Heating is there an issuse - or is this normal

can anyone advise if i have an issue with the heating in my car.Or is the following normal. the stealer has had the car back and said they have found no faults, and before i ask for it to be taken back again - i would like to know if the heating is operating at normal function or not.

1, So the first issue is: with the Climate Control on Auto mode there is no air from the controllable vents in the centre of the dash and the 2 at the sides.. Set at AC on Auto 22, the temp in the car is mild at best. Only on increasing both left and right dials to max, 28 – will the car heat up sufficiently However, air is warm from the right side of the drivers foot well and mild/cold on the left side of the drivers foot well. Occasionally there is a cold breeze towards my left knee when driving.
In terms of using the Manual settings. Here are the results.
1st 15 minute of journey both temp gauges at 22c with all manual settings on good warm air flow.
Turned off face directional -air went cold, turned face directional back on air remained cold
Temp turned up to 25c air, front got slightly warmer but back remains cold
After about 20mins the temp has dropped slightly
Temp put to 27c and car has got warmer but back is still cool‎/cold, after about 20 mins again the temp dropped to cold.
The remaining 40 mins of the journey the settings were adjusted to ‎auto, with 27 chosen. The car kept a luke warm temp.
Seems to be that that a consistent temperature cannot be maintained on manual. And on auto to achieve a warmer condition in the car, it needs to be set to max; however this becomes uncomfortable after a little while.
The pictures show the settings used.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 2011 5.0SC Santorini Black
2009 5.0SC Santorti Black - Been stolen.
Had
2.5 DHSE P38
Alfa Romeo
BMW

Post #312160 11th Feb 2015 3:38pm
MR GLOVER

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

dont know if this will help you but just changed the thermostat on my 4.2 and the heating is spot on now back and front easy job to do

Post #312185 11th Feb 2015 5:29pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Possibly a build up of crud in the little vent to the left of the Manual controls. This is where the thermistor/stat is located and can have a build up of fluf on the sensor. Give it a good blow out with a can of compressed air.(available from plumbers merchants)

You will not get a massive flow of air from the facia vents unless on manual, the temp of these vents is controlled by the little temp dial on the actual centre vents not the climate knobs , the rear vents will do what the fronts are doing unless the rear heating button on the dash is pressed. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #312193 11th Feb 2015 6:19pm
rr driver

thanks for the info. Will try the compressed air before speaking to the local dealer again. 2011 5.0SC Santorini Black
Had
2.5 DHSE P38
Alfa Romeo
BMW

Post #312249 11th Feb 2015 11:57pm
AKIS

2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

RR Driver wonder whether have you managed to fix heating as i am facing almost the same problems and inspite of fact that i have replaced a lot of parts still remains unsolved

Post #411971 3rd Nov 2016 2:51pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

I don't know the TD6, but in my 4.4 petrol the heating became pretty ineffective, replacing the final stage resistor improved things greatly, but perhaps you have done that already. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #412010 3rd Nov 2016 9:11pm
rr driver

Thanks. Apologies i never updated. In the end they replaced the actual complete unit as they found a fault in there. It worked fine after that- That was for the remainning time i had before it got stolen. 2011 5.0SC Santorini Black
Had
2.5 DHSE P38
Alfa Romeo
BMW

Post #412025 3rd Nov 2016 11:11pm
AKIS

2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

Thanks for your feedbacks.I was suspecting that something is wrong with hevac since i have changed all sensors/valve in engine bay for high system/resistor and still have the problems.But workshop insists when car is plugged,not any fault appears.

Post #412061 4th Nov 2016 11:10am
umitbat

A Trap 2010 Range Rover HSE TDV8 Atacama Sand

rr driver wrote:
Thanks. Apologies i never updated. In the end they replaced the actual complete unit as they found a fault in there. It worked fine after that- That was for the remainning time i had before it got stolen.

Sorry bad thing.
What is 'whole unit'??? 2010 3.6tdv8 180k km.
sold 06 td6 160k
Sold 03 td6 260k

Post #458279 23rd Nov 2017 8:37am
Sandyt

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

AKIS wrote:
Thanks for your feedbacks.I was suspecting that something is wrong with hevac since i have changed all sensors/valve in engine bay for high system/resistor and still have the problems.But workshop insists when car is plugged,not any fault appears.

There are possibly two valves in the engine bay one is a double valve on the nearside inner wing (or thats where it is on mine ) the other is a single valve on the bulkhead - this was the valve that was sticking on mine - I replaced the double ,which controls the temp left and right but it was the single which acts as a diverter valve which was sticking and so was giving unusual amounts of heat worth a look

Post #460074 8th Dec 2017 8:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1