Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > 4.4 spark plug change
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black
4.4 spark plug change

hi all, have had a good look through my service history and i cant find the last time the plugs were changed, so i will do them my self, has any one done it and found any prods,,, whats the best plugs to go for and is there any thing that can be done at the same time... V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #27771 10th Sep 2010 7:55pm
elpeede

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

Well , if Jocks garage is anything to go by then be careful not to damage the coil packs (or was that a p38.. I forget).

Just chucked a set of plugs on the Laguna. Those ones with 4 earthing points instead of 1 (Gaps already set). Have to say they work great.. but then again it was missing before but the write up said they were quieter and more fuel efficient. They do seem quieter, can't comment on the milage. Can't even remember what brand they are Laughing
They were about £5 more than the standard plugs mind for 4. 2010 Disco XS TDV6, 2009 Freelander 2 GS

Previous Landrover products -1990 110 TDI CSW, 2003 TD6 Vogue - RRC TD Vogue, RRC v8 Fleetline, Disco ES V8 LPG, 101 Ambulance "Morph", 1964 SIIa Auto Powered by Jag 4.2 Lump - "Percy".

Post #27781 10th Sep 2010 9:14pm
R60EST

England 2003 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

I'm not at all overly confident with the spanners ,but I've done the plugs on mine. Bit daunting at first with the coil packs and so on but after the first one just tell yourself only 7 left . Most of all don't go too tight with the new ones .

Post #27855 11th Sep 2010 4:27pm
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

sounds straight forward...what plugs did you go for, i got quoted 18 pounds each for just the plugs, dont want to put crap ones in so want make sure i am getting the best... V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #27858 11th Sep 2010 5:40pm
R60EST

England 2003 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

I'd have to go in the garage and find the old boxes. I got a service kit from Britpart , on ebay , which consisted of oil and air filter pollen filter 8 plugs and a sump washer. The whole lot was about £70 delivered.

I'm pretty sure the old ones were NGK and the new ones are Champion ,

here is a link to the service kit I bought , all very straight forward to fit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...0447101944

I did the service just for piece of mind it wasn't due but I'd read somewhere that LPG reduces the life of the spark plugs , so on an lpg converted vehicle its better to change the plugs regularly , even if they are a cheaper make , than to buy expensive ones and leave them in for a while.

£18 each sounds a bit steep ,

Slightly off topic but I thought I'd let you know I sold the Range Rover yesterday . After a series of very minor niggles , mainly 'check' messages that didn't need checking , faulty sensors ? and a few other concerns I decided to sell before my wallet got a good spanking. I'm glad I took the plunge and owned one but it really did not inspire me with confidence to be a long term proposition.

This forum helped me understand that I hadn't bought a bad one , more a case of ' they all do that, eventually'

Post #27863 11th Sep 2010 7:11pm
elpeede

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

daveo wrote:
sounds straight forward...what plugs did you go for, i got quoted 18 pounds each for just the plugs, dont want to put crap ones in so want make sure i am getting the best...

Censored the bed!

£20 for x4 Champion Eon 2's from a popular national High street / Retail park car parts supplier. I would put a link but guess it may flout forum rules.

They aren't what I bought but get good reviews, goes without saying you will need 2 packs.

For £18 each they must be gold plated, either that or the seller is running a Veyron. 2010 Disco XS TDV6, 2009 Freelander 2 GS

Previous Landrover products -1990 110 TDI CSW, 2003 TD6 Vogue - RRC TD Vogue, RRC v8 Fleetline, Disco ES V8 LPG, 101 Ambulance "Morph", 1964 SIIa Auto Powered by Jag 4.2 Lump - "Percy".

Post #27868 11th Sep 2010 8:18pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

My owners manual suggests:

Bosch FGR7DQP £6.45 or NGK BKR6EQUP £4.25

Personally I'd go for the Bosch... 

Post #27893 12th Sep 2010 12:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1