Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Electrical Gremlins
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor
Electrical Gremlins

I have had a few issues since getting my car back from the dealers after some warranty work, most of them are sorted now, leak fixed (by them), rear shelf cleaned (by me). BUT I seem to be having some electrical issues, I have already posted about the fuel gauge having a mind of its own and the heated front seat being intermittent but also the front and back electric heated screens (which I initially thought weren't working at all) are in fact just very slow to clear. I personally suspect earthing as I assume the battery will have been disconnected at some time during the warranty work (new tailgate) but of course it might just be that the battery needs a charge (its fairly new so shouldn't need replacing).
Anybody had similar, anybody got any views on what to watch out for.
I will be getting on with it tomorrow or Wednesday - fortunately it starts OK Very Happy Geoff

Post #314534 23rd Feb 2015 10:11pm
hoppy_70

England 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Sounds like a half assed job by the dealer to me! Out of interest, was it a corrosion warranty claim? How bad was it? My Previous RR's!

2008 TDV8 Vogue
2006 TD6 Vogue
2007 TDV8 Vogue
2007 RRS (I know, it doesn't count!)
2005 4.4 Vogue on LPG
2005 TD6 Vogue
2003 4.4 Vogue
2001 4.6 HSE
2000 2.5 DHSE
1999 4.6 HSE
1997 4.6 HSE on LPG
1995 2.5 DSE
1989 3.9 EFI classic
1988 3.5 EFI classic

Post #314536 23rd Feb 2015 10:24pm
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

I already know that the dealer didn't exceed my expectations, I've moved on life's too short Rolling with laughter

The tailgate upper door had bubbling of the paint on the lower left hand edge, it was clearly rusting through from behind as the bubbling paintwork had no marks or scratches on the surface. Dealer took photos and sent them to JLR who approved the work (only 5 and a bit years old so still covered especially as the booked is fully stamped up by main dealers with the corrosion inspection done as well) but the dealer didn't have a bodyshop so sent the car to the local premium repairer. That's not said tongue in cheek as they had done some first class work for me before and they have done a great job with the tailgate, its just the associated resultant issues that took a bit of time to get sorted - hopefully on the last lap now. Geoff

Post #314538 23rd Feb 2015 10:42pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Takes some getting my head round how quickly time passes.... I still consider 10-60 plate cars "new" vehicles. My disco still feels box fresh on a 60 plate!

Have the negative terminal off and give it a clean. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #314540 23rd Feb 2015 10:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1