Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Rust in Rear Quarters and on Tailgate Top
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rej

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver
Rust in Rear Quarters and on Tailgate Top

Had the car cleaned today and notices a couple of rust bubbles that have appeared on the reaar quarters over the winter. The drivers side is the worst as below:

But there are a couple of small bubbles on the nearside as well

Also I have some rust on the tailgate. This was meant to have been sorted when i bought the car and after fixing some initila faults but causing more the selling dealer stopped responding (cars like my FF were at the bottom of their range)so i treated the returning rust an covered with a touch up pen to try and halt the spread but if sorting the quarters might as well look at getting the tailgate sorted too.

I am after advice as to what repair possibilities are available suitable for the rust pictured, i.e. smart repair, fill/patch or new panels.

Also after an idea of what sort of price I should be looking to pay as well as recommendations for someone to do the work.

I can't do myself as I only have outside space and would not be able to get a decent finish with the silver and have generally found it is better to get something done by someone who does it for a living in the first place rather than try yourself then end up paying to fix the original problem plus damage you have caused trying to save money.

Any suggestions appreciated and hopefully a smart repair Confused There is a difference between knowing your sh!t and knowing you're sh!t

2005 Registered 2006 MY 4.4 AJV8 Range Rover Vogue

Post #323688 22nd Apr 2015 4:50pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

A smart repair will only mask the issue for a period of time sir! To do that work properly would cost around £1500 i would expect at a good bodyshop!

Post #323701 22nd Apr 2015 5:40pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

And sorry for the doom and gloom but if your rear arches are like that then I'd take the plastic sill covers off and look under there because there will be a load more....

As Craig says, smart repairs don't last, the rust on the rear arches is coming through from the inside, the only proper way to do it is cut it all out and weld in new metal to that area, just sanding down and treating whats there will only last a short time.. Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #323710 22nd Apr 2015 6:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1