Know the feeling scarey ........... Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #29149 24th Sep 2010 11:02am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

Fox wrote:
Sorry Dad. Wink Rolling with laughter

i remember when i was a lad , we didnt cheek our elders or we got a clip round the ear.. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter .... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #29150 24th Sep 2010 11:03am
iT LAD

United Kingdom 

Gramps.... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #29151 24th Sep 2010 11:04am
scene247

United Kingdom 

I was in debate about the same thing - thought the idea was great at first (toy factor) but then agree that there is no need to be glued to TV. Plenty to see out the windows and entertain themselves.

Also at just over 2.5k option on 2011MY I'd rather just get a laptop or protable DVD palyer, if really necessary - can take that out the RR and use elsewhere...

I spy, car cricket, number plate games etc.

I feel old too - trying to think of RSE back when I was a kid, TV cabinets were the size of the car and considered furniture, the only remote was your finger, lol!

Post #29174 24th Sep 2010 12:21pm
sleepezy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

It was a very nice to have - probably the tipping factor for getting the car I did - but I regularly have my children in the car for long journeys and therefore I thought it fair to give them something to watch every now and then.

Post #29190 24th Sep 2010 1:12pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Quite a few of the RRS and Freely2 guys have purchased a much cheaper and more versatile setup than the factory system from the forum sponsor. The screens are TV, Dvd and compatible with gaming systems but the great thing is each head restraint unit has it's own DVD player so no fighting over tv program or movie or computer game and the maker can build the screens into replacement head restraints, they are also transferable between cars. IIRC the system in made by Rosen. I don't carry rear seat passengers often enough the justify the cost, but a friend of mine who runs a fleet of chauffeur drive D4's and L322's specifies the Rosen system now on all his cars. 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #29194 24th Sep 2010 1:24pm
DMRR

South Africa 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I have the Rosen system - it rocks.

Daughter simply plugs her phone into the USB socket and then listens to her music on the headphones (better quality than the in-ear ones). Son plays on the games or watches films. Neither over-use these items tho, and will happily play verbal spotting games with us or listen to audio books on the main sound system.

They are 14 and 12..... Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2009 5.0V8SC Autobiography
2006 4.2V8SC Autobiography
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #29222 24th Sep 2010 2:38pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

It's a nice feature to have on the Vogue SE I've got. It was one of the reasons I went for a VSE as opposed to a std Vogue, as I wanted to upgrade, along with the air cooled seats.

TBH, it's only been used twice, as I don't have kids it's been an adults only in the back on a long trip through France, but it kept the Mrs quiet!

It's a bit flash I guess, would I want it on my next one? Who knows.... Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #29334 25th Sep 2010 11:28am
RRVSE

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Corris Grey

I went for the VSE over the Vogue when I bought mine second hand, the vogue was the same year and colour and £6000 less than the VSE, but I wanted all the toys. I obviously don't expect to recoup the price difference when I come to sell it, but I thought there will be plenty of people like me who would like the novelty value and it would help sell my car over a standard Vogue with similar mileage when that day comes. The rear DVDs are great on longer journeys and recently on a 2hr run I found out how good the theatre surround system sounds!
If I get another RR though , I would be happy with the standard Vogue, unless the diffference between that and the VSE was minimal. Steve

Main car : FFRR L405 Vogue SDV8
Other car : Vauxhall Lotus Carlton
Past cars : FFRR L322 Vogue TD6 SE (Sept 2006 MY07) ; LandCruiser SWB ; 4-Runner ; Supras; XJS V12 LeMans

Post #29385 25th Sep 2010 6:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12