Home > Off Topic > audi sq5 vs Camtech special
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

wise words Gary... Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #327416 12th May 2015 1:46pm
Zirconblue

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Cairns Blue

Trommel wrote:
Re midrange torque - have a look at the torque curve of a modern turbo-diesel, they're generally pretty much an artificially-pegged straight line from not far over idle. The notion that a remap takes you from 500 lb/ft at 2500rpm to 2500 lb/ft perhaps isn't too realistic ...

Fair point, the figures don't really add up on it. Even if it was, i'm not sure the gearbox would last long.

Post #327417 12th May 2015 1:56pm
Zirconblue

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Cairns Blue

Gazellio @ Prestige Cars wrote:
I would say don't lose your dignity by racing anyone whether your car is faster or slower. You are in a Range Rover so who cares. Rolling Eyes

I find myself looking down on Audi drivers.... even in motorway height mode.

Post #327418 12th May 2015 1:57pm
BrianC

Scotland 

I think the sq5 driver was playing with you to loose your license. Not a chance it would keep up with the sq5

Post #327424 12th May 2015 2:23pm
BrianC

Scotland 

Anyway the audi is better build- quality/reliability etc

Post #327425 12th May 2015 2:24pm
iKushtyy

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

If anyone is sitting right up another car's trumpet, and then they run into the back of 'em, yes they're idiots, no matter who it is, no matter what they drive, there's no excuses for not leaving enough room infront of someone, just in case. If a child or animal or someone with earphones in walks out infront of you, and you have to pull an emergency stop, that's game done for the car behind isn't it..

If my mum, wife, daughter, any family member of friend rang me and said "Ahh, I've hit someone up the arse, was following too close and couldn't stop in time in a 30 zone", you're damn right I'd say you're stupid and you deserved it. Next time leave a space between yourself and the car infront. I don't have double standards, Sir.

Anyway, what, you'd say different? Oh no, it's alright love, it's not your fault, it was the car infront's fault, he had to stamp on the brakes because a toddler ran out infront of him, you were completely in the right being 5 inches behind the vehicle infront........ Or, nah, next time we'll just run a child over...

Jheezus...

It's not about whether it's family or not, it's about not wanting to crawl in my exhaust, and the probable consequences if you do.

Post #327435 12th May 2015 2:53pm
CEEGEE

United Kingdom 

iKushtyy wrote:
Had one dopey lass in a TT tailgate me the other day, slammed on the anchors and her arse must have fell out, she was over the other side of the road, hit the kerb, screaming, everything Laughing .. Must have taught her a lesson though, see her again about a week later, she had left a sizeable gap between herself and the car infront Thumbs Up learn the hard way I suppose.

To be honest, that sounds like a really dangerous thing to do - does it make you any better than the TT driver Whistle

Gazellio @ Prestige Cars wrote:
I would say don't lose your dignity by racing anyone whether your car is faster or slower. You are in a Range Rover so who cares. Rolling Eyes

Here, here Thumbs Up

BrianC wrote:
I think the sq5 driver was playing with you to loose your license. Not a chance it would keep up with the sq5

Definitely Thumbs Up

BrianC wrote:
Anyway the audi is better build- quality/reliability etc

Definitely Thumbs Up

Before the RR I had an Audi (and would happily drive another) and I am not a muppet, d1ck or c*ck - I think generalising about a certain type of person driving a particular brand of car is really silly - there are plenty of d1cks, etc driving all sorts of cars including Range Rovers Whistle

Post #327449 12th May 2015 3:49pm
Scottyav

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Zambezi Silver

Trommel wrote:
Scottyav wrote:
i promise you there ISNT a lot that can hold her other than hi end and one offs, mid power is five fold most standard and even mapped RR,tested on a few mates early morn and none come near Whistle

Assuming this a remapped 3.6 TDV8, there is no way it's quicker or faster than an SQ5.

TDV8 Range Rovers are not quick cars by any stretch of the imagination - L322 4.4 TDV8 performance is roughly on a level with very mundane rep fodder like a 520d.

After driving a standard tdv8 I can see your naivety but yet
Again more words from a burk along with many other of your argumentative posts in the past Yawn Yawn _____________________________________________________
Zambezi silver Vogue Se unique Smile

Post #327459 12th May 2015 4:22pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

JOKER wrote:
iKushtyy wrote:
Have to agree with the sentiment of Audi drivers, all the c*cks seem to have migrated from BMW to Audi ... To the odd RR driver

Had one dopey lass in a TT tailgate me the other day, slammed on the anchors and she was over the other side of the road, hit the kerb, screaming, everything Laughing .. Must have taught her a lesson though, see her again about a week later, she had left a sizeable gap between herself and the car infront Thumbs Up learn the hard way I suppose.

And if it had been your wife or daughter in the car and someone did the same to them ... would they be a dope too .... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Or more’s the point. If the police knocked on your door and told you someone had killed a loved one by stamping on their brakes (because they felt the woman following them was too close and needed a lesson teaching them), making them loose control and have a head on collision with a bus full of school kids! Would you feel the same way then sir?

Next time you might think of the consequences before purposely driving dangerously in front of others!

Not saying tailgating is in any way condonable! I for one hate it! BUT, The highway code states you should pull over and let the offending car go rather than react!!! LAW... Rolling Eyes

Sorry to but in Mick Bow down

Post #327464 12th May 2015 4:54pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

This thread is going rapidly down hill.......

Scottyav wrote:
After driving a standard tdv8 I can see your naivety

A remapped 3.6 TDV8 is lively, but it's hardly a supercar. If that's all you've had done, then it really isn't that quick.

I had mine re-mapped by BAS - and a few months later I met Pete at a show & he agreed to tweak it a little bit more - as high as he was prepared to go - I covered 80k miles in that car so am very familiar with it's capabilities.

There are other tuning companies, but the results won't be significantly different......

As already noted - racing on a public highway is a serious offence, so you may want to edit your original post - or request the thread to be deleted.

iKushtyy wrote:
Had one dopey lass in a TT tailgate me the other day, slammed on the anchors and her arse must have fell out, she was over the other side of the road, hit the kerb, screaming, everything Laughing

Unless you missed the part about the child running out in front of you - that would be an admission of dangerous driving.

She can't have been that close behind or she would have hit you. A TT would most likely stop quicker than a FFRR so the only reason to swerve would be if she were travelling much faster.

Post #327499 12th May 2015 8:01pm
Scottyav

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Zambezi Silver

tbh it did have a magic sprinkle of dust by a chap near Northampton as well Whistle happy enough and will be in my care for a while Thumbs Up _____________________________________________________
Zambezi silver Vogue Se unique Smile

Post #327508 12th May 2015 8:16pm
tomthevet

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Tonga Green

Is there no way these posts about racing on public roads and 'i'm better than you because I drive a Range Rover' be deleted or something moderators?
I look at a few different marque forums I cant be alone in the whole fast car thing just turning me off. And messages like this just get reposted somewhere else tarring us all with the same brush.
For the record I drive an L322 as a work vehicle for fairly obvious reasons for its good off-road ability and something else for comfort and speed.

And did I seriously just read about someone boasting that they'd made someone swerve so much that they hit the curb?! Unbelievable and incredibly depressing.

Lets keep this great forum for interesting things please?

Post #327529 12th May 2015 9:02pm
Andy B

England 

^Well said. We drive FFRR's because they are great cars, despite the issues made apparent on this forum. Whatever you think of Audi, Merc, BMW drivers, the rules of the road should be obeyed. We are just drivers of a great marque. If others choose a different make and model of car then we should accept it and respect that decision. As my driving instructor said to me many years ago, treat every driver on the road an idiot, you never know what they will do next.

And I have had only had 23 crashes since....only joking Laughing SDV8 AB MY 2019
SDV8 VSE MY 2015 - Gone
5.0 S/C AB MY 2010 - Gone
4.2 S/C VSE MY 2006 - Gone

Post #327540 12th May 2015 9:20pm
markcaughey

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue

I don't find its a car you feel you want to drive fast and you don't get many jokers giving you the eye at the lights looking for a race ( used to get that just about every time i drove my Golf GTI ) saying that i did teach a guy a lesson in a pimped up Q7 away from the lights, sometimes you just can't help yourself Laughing Range Rover Vogue 2006 4.4 AJV8 | Buckingham Blue | Parchment Leather | Supercharged Grill+Side Vents | CA02 HEY ( NOT 02 PLATE )

Post #327543 12th May 2015 9:26pm
n1cktdv8

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I haven't driven an SQ5 but my un-touched 3.6 TDV8 isn't something I'd put in the ring against something half the weight with similar power outputs?

Like Gaz said, it's a Range Rover...why would you race Thumbs Up Is this where I put the car details and a bit about myself ?........

Post #327587 12th May 2015 11:04pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>