Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > ermm do i have bluetooth or not?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
tommo

United Kingdom 
ermm do i have bluetooth or not?

Hello all Smile
Just a quick one as i have had a look around but i cannot even figure out if i have bluetooth or not? Its on my range rover 05 with screen but some body has taken the cradle in the arm rest before i brought it so dont know if that should have to pairing button on or not? I have uploaded a pic of what is in the boot for you expert guys to help me out a little Smile thanks all!

Post #328258 17th May 2015 11:40am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Yes you do sir... Put the radio on, search for bluetooth on your phone then find LR BT... The pairing code is 2121 Thumbs Up

Post #328261 17th May 2015 11:51am
tommo

United Kingdom 

Ahha awsome! Thanks for the quick reply! I have just tried but my phone (samsung galaxy s4) wont pick it up? I have uploaded another pic of the cradle or where the cradle should be do you think it is because i need this connected or a fuse has gone or something? Because from what i read i should press a pairing button where the cradle is? Thanks again for the help

Post #328271 17th May 2015 12:16pm
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

The cradle has nothing to do with the Bluetooth.

That black box on top of the Navigation DVD unit is the bluetooth module. Start car, radio on, press the hard PHONE button to the side of the screen. It should say "Phone Not Fitted".

Then do a search on your phone for bluetooth devices. It should find the LR unit and as Craig says the pairing ode is 2121.

Post #328274 17th May 2015 12:21pm
tommo

United Kingdom 

Mm i possibly have somthing wrong then i have tried that but will not find it with my phone or 3 other different phones. So eaither a faulty unit or a fuse i guess?

Post #328278 17th May 2015 12:40pm
PaulB

2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

05 is the change over year where some things work and others need activating.
Does it have a rear camera?

I had to activate Bluetooth on my 05 using the idtool

Post #328283 17th May 2015 1:18pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Or the BT module is damaged by water (happened to mine). Have a look in the rear where the BT unit is sitting on top of all the electronics (Left Hand side) in the rear electronics compartment. There should be some BT module pictures on the forum. Wiggs is your man to replace it with the latest software version by the way. This is his website if I'm correct : http://www.bluetoothexchange.co.uk/

This is what they look like.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-LR3-D...2a3205b0fa MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #328284 17th May 2015 1:25pm
marky777

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

Was not sure if mine had the bluetooth function, also 05 AB but just went outside and followed the steps above. Had to try twice but came up on my phone as Land Rover, paired and then entered the password and boom all working. Hope you manage to get yours going fella Thumbs Up

Post #328286 17th May 2015 1:39pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

Re: ermm do i have bluetooth or not?

tommo wrote:
Hello all Smile
Just a quick one as i have had a look around but i cannot even figure out if i have bluetooth or not? Its on my range rover 05 with screen but some body has taken the cradle in the arm rest before i brought it so dont know if that should have to pairing button on or not? I have uploaded a pic of what is in the boot for you expert guys to help me out a little Smile thanks all!

Ive just had another look at your picture and YES you have a problem sir Rolling Eyes

The black EMPTY plug (next to the elec plug pictured) should have the fibre optic lead plugged into it! Rolling Eyes I guess its been bypassed as the BT module is dead! If you look at the bottom of your picture it looks like the white fibre optic lead is taped up!

BEWARE... If you disturb that white lead breaking the loop/ring then your front screen will almost certainly stop working sir!!!

Usual reason for the bodge thats occurred on your car is water leaking into the rear of your car so, first thing is to make sure its not leaking, then take the lid off the BT module and see if it resembles a pond! Then you have a choice to make! Replacements are around £300 from MD's Thumbs Up

Post #328295 17th May 2015 2:57pm
tommo

United Kingdom 

Well yas were bang on! I took the unit apart and as you can see (another attached pic) water has obviously been in there at some point although there is no leak visable at the moment so i guess people before had the leak done and bypassed the unit. So its a new unit or a nice local electric place! Only thing i dont get the fibre optic wires (the two white ones) link from each unit and back to the loom as if there was never a plug for the bt unit? So how and where from was it connected to the fibre wires?

Post #328322 17th May 2015 5:55pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

do a search on here as there are lots of threads on this and a how too, for bypassing a fibre optic plug for testing purposes Thumbs Up

Post #328323 17th May 2015 5:59pm
tommo

United Kingdom 

Cherrs but it is deffo the unit as you can see from the pic and the fact the system is working fine without the unit plugged it but im just wondering how do i connect it into the fibre optic wires if i get a new one as there is no plug for it? Or would i have to buy a plug from somewhere and put a plug back into the cables?

Post #328341 17th May 2015 8:15pm
PaulB

2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Sounds like they have cut the plugs off the cables and joined them to maintain continuity.

The usual way is to use a straw.

Not sure if new plugs can be attached or maybe you will need new cables, along with the new BT unit.

Wiggs should be able to advise you.

Post #328352 17th May 2015 9:04pm
tommo

United Kingdom 

Yeh looks like that to be honest i think the have and just disgarded one of the wires and a plug. I think i have found the plug believe it or not! I presume the wires just clip in i just have to find the cable now... mm tricky this is all providing the circuit board guy can repair the unit of cause!

Post #328358 17th May 2015 9:33pm
tommo

United Kingdom 

To let yas all know the board has been repaired (it no longer looks like it has been in a small fire!) All for a drink!! So next step is to find the fibre optic stuff to add a lead and plug back in the system i have messaged some guys on the internet breaking rangies for the fibre optic loom but to no avail so its a searching game and i can test it properly and make sure it works then have it updated if needs be by the company posted earlier.
Anyway cheers for all your help guy appriciate it!

Post #328840 20th May 2015 10:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1