Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > PARKBRAKE AUTO RELEASE UNAVAILABLE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
FrankRizzo

Germany 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Santorini Black
PARKBRAKE AUTO RELEASE UNAVAILABLE

The message PARKBRAKE AUTO RELEASE UNAVAILABLE flashed up very briefly on the way home this evening. It was so brief the fault/info chime sound was cut off mid-chime and I hardly had time to read the message but I think it was the above message. I had been driving about 10km at the time.

A quick search of the web revealed that the message appears when the automatic parking brake (as the message suggests) malfunctions.

This Topix file (although apparently for another model) states in the text that message PARKBRAKE FAULT AUTO RELEASE UNAVAILABLE appears but in the message list at the end of the file only the message above, without the word FAULT, is listed so that might just be a typo or the message list is incomplete, though in the latter case I don't know what the difference between the two messages would be.

The funny thing is, I never use the auto-release feature, I always release the parking brake manually. I couldn't get the message to reappear, the check control button immediately returned "CHECK CONTROL OK". The parking brake enganged ok when I parked when I got home.

Anyone else see this message in their full fat? I'd never seen it before.[/url] 2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 automatic (LHD), Santorini Black
2008 Vogue 3.6 TDV8 automatic (LHD), Java Black

Post #331427 7th Jun 2015 9:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1