Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Today I was rained on then Smited for good measure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
miggit

United Kingdom 
Today I was rained on then Smited for good measure

Hi all, I'm in the middle of the silly season, so not much time, however something happened today that I will share with you, and hopefully someone can answer a few questions Very Happy

So there I was minding my own, in the fast (joke) lane of the M25, doing 35 MPH !!!!! I kid you not, I got out of second gear, trying to get away from Pontins Camber Sands, 25 minute stay was way too long for me Wink And all of a sudden my automatic wipers didn't, Crying or Very sad neither did my manual wipers Shocked Shocked Somehow I made it to the hard shoulder without hitting anything Shocked And thought to myself 'I have just been Smited by SOD' Big Cry

So out with the handbook, and out with fuse 26, which was all shiny and new Evil or Very Mad 'Censored' I thought,' this is going to be expencive Censored Censored '

Back with the fuse, scratched my head, removed the splinters from my finger, and knocked the wiper stalk by mistake......... the wipers started to move again......... left the stalk in manual on (2) and set off at a blistering pace, watching out for snails overtaking on the outside Rolling with laughter

Exclamation Wiper Relay, 10 miles away from Ascot L/R, 4 pm, I'll get off the M25 car park and see if they have one, after a short call, Monday Censored I'll call my local L/R in Milton Keynes... Tuesday Censored Censored
I'll get one online, Shocked how much? Shocked Shocked Main stealer is cheaper than that, Evil or Very Mad Looks like it will be Tuesday then Sad UNLESS someone can point me towards a stockist that's either cheaper than £10 + VAT, or has stock within 30 miles of MK and is open tomorrow.

And now the killer question, is there enough room to get at the blighter with out totally removing the battery, as I'm having a bit of trouble with the wiring in my arm at the moment and it doesn't always do what I want it to. Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #338909 24th Jul 2015 8:40pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Just thought I'd smurf the web and see if I could find one for a Beamer Shocked Shocked And you thought that L/R were expensive, from what I can make out I can get a new L/R relay for less than the average used BMW price Shocked I might be on to something here Wink Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #338919 24th Jul 2015 9:27pm
rar110

Australia 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

I had a similar wiper problem one day soon after I bought my car. Within 1/2 hour they started working again and haven't been a problem since. ______________________________
Vogue tdv8 08MY poverty pack - wow

Post #338932 24th Jul 2015 10:01pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Are but you don't count bud, as your annual rainfall is the same as a week over here Rolling with laughter I have read many account of the wipers magically fixing themselves, but it really rains here and the way my luck is going, I don't think that I should take the chance. The relay contacts are obviously burnt, and it will only be a matter of time before it happens again. And at £10 +vat it's not really worth taking the risk, if I'm towing 3 tons and it happens again, might not be so lucky second time.

FYI, if you haven't had the misfortune of sampling the M25 over here, it's like trying to drive in a stampede, only most of the trucks are foreign, and have the steering wheel on the wrong side so they just pull out because they don't see you Shocked Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #338936 24th Jul 2015 10:16pm
Joe90

England 

Just had a look at RAVE. I guess it might be possible to get the ECU cover off, but it is going to be a big fiddle, and make you cuss even more so suggest battery has to come out first for a straight forward relay replacement Thumbs Up .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #338961 25th Jul 2015 1:06am
miggit

United Kingdom 

Thanks for that Buddy, I think Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad
That was the news that I was fearing, never mind it will be a few days before the relay is here and hopefully the wiring in my arm will have corrected its' self, otherwise my neighbor will be getting a knock at the door and greeted with HELP Embarassed Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #338988 25th Jul 2015 9:40am
miggit

United Kingdom 

Censored Banging Head Been Smited again Big Cry Big Cry

Went to order and pay for the Wiper relay today, and was Bonged and the screen of doom said that the HDC was up the pictures again, Ner Ner Face, Bothered? So off I went and within 400 yds the AES was inactive Censored Censored

Did an about turn, just in case, got home, full left + full right x2, and still a dash board lit up like a Christmas tree, D'OH! Turned the car off to go and get the re-set tool and the compressor sprang into life, the front lifted an inch and the Christmas Tree effect disappeared from the dash Shocked Question

So I threw caution to the wind and went for it, got to the stealers and it flashed up EAS again Banging Head

But I had to go to Specsavers, on the way home and all was OK, it has done 2 more starts without any noise from the Bong of Death.

So I have now come to the conclusion that my car has an extreme case of Aquaphobia, and it's time to change the EAS relay too!

....... Can anyone recommend a good Car Shrink, my ffrr has issues Laughing Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #339024 25th Jul 2015 1:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1