Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > LR Service Plans & Extended Warranties
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
AAH

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Tonga Green
LR Service Plans & Extended Warranties

I just picked up my first FFRR - late 2006 TDV8 Tonga Green & Jet/ivory? interior. 55K miles. ALL the toys including rosen dvd screens and players in the headrests. Just love It!

I bought the car through Stratstones Mayfair with their somewhat uncomprehensive 3mnth warranty - to extend there warranty is extortionate, but i noticed a few links and references to WWW.MHCFINANCE.CO.UK for extended warranties at fairly competitive prices. Is this a worthwhile thing to do whether it be with them or someone else?

Stratstones also offered me a LR Service Plan through them for £2k for 5 services over 5 years (not including parts or labour outside of the normal service items) again is this a worthwhile thing to do? That said i note that Stratsones do not get the best feedback but Lookers do much better and i happen 10 mins from Lookers Park Royal - If the LR Service Plan is a good idea can i sign up with them?

Angus

Post #33836 26th Oct 2010 6:51pm
iT LAD

United Kingdom 

Congrats on your purchase... Thumbs Up

This might help...

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic3274.html?highlight=

Post #33841 26th Oct 2010 7:32pm
delamo

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green

Welcome to fullfattrr.com AAH Thumbs Up - Great to see another TONGA GREEN joining Cool

Any pictures?

IMHO - I wouldn't bother spending any money on an aftermarket warranty (besides I think by law you should receive 3 months limited warranty if purchased from a dealer) - anyhow, majority of warranty companies rarely cover any of the real issues a Range Rover is prone to (suspension, gearbox or torque converter etc...) you would be better off saving the cash until there is a problem.

When I need to - I will be switching from Stratstones to Lookers PR for any service work or dare I say it - replacement car Whistle

Post #33850 26th Oct 2010 8:06pm
AAH

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Tonga Green

thanks for that

any thoughts on the LR Service Plan via Startstones or indeed any other dealership? £2k for 5 years of servicing or 5 services with cost spread over 5 years at 0%

@ delamo - there is a bad pic in the "introduce yourself here!" thread - more will follow as and when the opportunities arise.

Post #33934 26th Oct 2010 11:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1