Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > Stratstone Hainault Essex
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
E4 GUY

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black
Stratstone Hainault Essex

Well it's with some degree of relief that car is back from its visit to my nearest main dealer.
Having had bad experiences with other main dealers (Volvo not LR), I was really unsure whether to go with Indy or main dealer.

I searched here expecting some negative feedback, and gave some comfort that there wasn't any Whistle

Bad points

-Used the online booking page which wasn't very flexible as only gave option of service based on age and mileage.
-Appeared to accept my booking , but when ringing to enquire why they hadn't confirmed, it hadn't !
-Nigh on impossible to get through on phone, just held in queue, re diverted, held in queue...

Good points

-Pick up and drop off to my home
-I got around the phone issue by using email, just replied to booking confirmation, multiple emails with 1 helpful bloke, who emailed me almost straight back. "Brandon" very helpful, compared to lady receptionists!
-Returned very clean , inside & out, hoovered. Shiny Alloys Cool
-Price!! Actually cheaper than the Indy quote (Les Paul's). Gave me a £135 discount without me asking, I was already expecting to have to take up their "5 day price match"
Oil Service, 8 spark plugs, brake fluid, MOT £740. (Plugs were my choice at £216+vat)

Looking forward to weekend so I can see if there is any improvement.
It hadn't been serviced at all for 2 years I've owned it Embarassed , possibly longer as selling garage stamped the book, but in hindsight not sure I believe they carried out more than a check

When my bank balance recovers, May actually go back for the gearbox fluids £517 ? Does that sound fair quote? Alcohol and eBay is never a good mix

2006 4.2 Supercharged, Java Black

Post #306601 20th Jan 2015 11:17pm
nwmgc

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Perfect timing, I had the same online problem - ie no confirmation - so rang up instead. No pick up available until February now, so going there in person next week!

Post #306793 21st Jan 2015 5:29pm
verydisco

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tangiers Orange

Let us know if you see a difference with the new sparkplugs please.
I did not notice any difference in running or consumption on my 4.4L Neutral l=Oo\________/oO=l l:OolΞΞΞΞΞΞΞloO:l

Current
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L SDV8 - 2013 - Indus Silver, on Almond.
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L V8 - 2002 - ex-2003 G4 Challenge Event Vehicle, Stage 3: Australia
RANGE ROVER HSE 4.4L V8 - 2004 - one-of-one Overfinch
RANGE ROVER P38a 4.0L V8 - 1999 - ex-2000 TReK Event Vehicle: South Africa

Previous:
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L TDV8 - 2012 - RANGE ROVER 3.6L TDV8 x3 - RANGE ROVER Td6 x1 - RANGE ROVER Classic 3.5L V8 x1

Post #306794 21st Jan 2015 5:33pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Re the gearbox, get a price from Dan or af for the bits then a price from the dealer for the labour, did mine for about £350ish. Most dealers will let you provide the parts so lomg as they are genuine or oem.

Just got a price for an oil change £227 Rolling Eyes so am taking my own oil and it knocks about £130 off the price. Still cheaper to do it yourself but lot more convenient for the stealer to do it! They charge about £15 per litre at the dealer which is crazy money for oil. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #306799 21st Jan 2015 6:23pm
nwmgc

I have to say I was really rather disappointed. When I complained about a lack of familiarity with the FF or insurance policies, I was told it was because a 'temp' (!) had looked after me.
Although I was told new discs and wiper blades were needed to pass the MOT, I was informed after the event that they were wearing, not worn, so not covered by warranty. Failed to switch on drive away locking as requested.
Oh, and uneven tyre wear 'might be the bushes' (odd, as stated as fine in the Stratstone 'Health Check').
What a shower.

Post #314952 26th Feb 2015 1:13pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

http://www.lrparts.net/full-automatic-tran...d-oil.html

Put this on/in my MY 2006 4.2 SC Smile MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #314965 26th Feb 2015 2:03pm
nwmgc

As an update, when I had new tyres put on by a local fitter last week (see Wheels & Tyres), the bushes had miraculously recovered. As a result I was able to get all four wheels properly aligned - something Stratstone said was impossible without replacing the suspension arms (at no small cost).

Post #339300 27th Jul 2015 9:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1