Home > My Range Rover > Its Bye Bye from me
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Muttley

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey
Its Bye Bye from me

Lo Peeps

Well my pride and joy drove away yesterday with its new owner and was pleased that I got my asking price Crying or Very sad

I sent a text to the guy to ask if he was happy with the car to be told , I would be if the engine light and reduced performance hadn't come on , followed by spent all afternoon in Land Rover as the auxiliary water pump had gone , as you can imagine I was well gutted to read this but in other texts he said he didn't blame me as its just one of those things that can happen and will cost £370 all in to fix but as I said to him I had no knowledge of anything being wrong with the car and after speaking to him on the phone he is totally fine about it , apparently Land Rover said you wouldn't of had any warning that this was going to happen but was still gutted that I had sold the car in good faith and as far as I knew there were no problems with the car.

But when I first bought the car the first thing I found when I stopped at the services on the way back was a great big bulge on the side wall of one of the rear tyres so went out and got both rear tyres replaced at a cost of £220 for Nexon tyres then found the battery was on its way out as it was the original battery , £170 for halfords to fit the Bosch 120amp battery which I must of been one of the lucky ones as I have had no problems with it unlike some on the forums as there was no way I could fit it myself.

I suppose when you buy a car privately you just have to accept what faults it has and sort them out yourself as you have no come back buying privately and due to the unpleasant dealings with the guy I originally brought the car from I didn't even see the point of contacting him as I knew the reply would of been , Sold as seen its your problem now.

Its funny that I have had some very good experiences and very helpful friendly people on this forum and bad experiences which are not worth going into detail as the past is the past !

I wish you all the best of luck with your Full Fats in the future Thumbs Up

I might be back as I have a few bits that I have brought from Dan and never used but the guy that brought the car might be interested but if not will put them on here and see how it goes as they are of no use to me and to be totally honest I really am not a fan of selling things but hey that is just me.

Be lucky peeps Thumbs Up

Cheers

Dave

Damn good memories and good times spent in this beast that has been extremely reliable Thumbs Up Current : 4.2 S/C, now Sold Sad
Previous : V70 Volvo, S40 Volvo ( a very reliable old banger ), E39 M5, Carlton Diplomat and the list goes on Smile

Life Sucks but ya just have to do the best you can with what you have !

Post #341161 7th Aug 2015 2:18pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Hi mate, I'm sorry to hear that you are now FFRRless but I'm also glad that you got a decent price for it.

I hope that we do see you here from time to time.

Good luck with the next vehicle and the mobility scooter etc. etc. I hope that at some point in the future, medical procedures put you right again.

Cheers,

Eugene MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #341165 7th Aug 2015 2:34pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

great news Dave. I knew the right person would see the value of your car. Great you got your asking price too. Good luck with your replacement and best wishes for the future!

Post #341172 7th Aug 2015 3:07pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Nice wheels Dave Thumbs Up Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #341174 7th Aug 2015 3:47pm
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Is the new owner joining us on here ? 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #341203 7th Aug 2015 7:25pm
JackRegan

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Waitomo Grey

Shame it had to go but good news you managed to get what you wanted for it.

Do let us know what you decide to replace it with and post some pics. The VW Transporter sounds interesting.

Good luck matey. 2016MY TDV6 Autobiography
2011MY 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography Black - Gone
2005 TD6 Vogue - Gone

Post #341208 7th Aug 2015 9:08pm
gg2201

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

I've also just seen mine be driven off the drive today to go its' new home! Sad times in some ways but I am sure will return at a later date with a newer model!

Post #341210 7th Aug 2015 9:37pm
Muttley

Many thanks to Eugene , James and Adam , sorry don't know the other names.

As for the new owner joining the forums I am only guessing but I don't think he is a forum kind of person, I might be wrong.

Was well chuffed to get the asking price as far as I am concerned it was worth every penny and its funny that the new owner spoke of having chrome bars instead of the steps but the day he picked it up he said he was going to leave it just the way it was but at the end of the day its his car now and to do what he wants to with it.

Just have to find a converted LWB VW Transporter that someone has already done all the conversions on and a second hand full size comfortable mobility buggy and get the front caged for the hounds.

The wife found one that someone had spent 80k on Rolling with laughter and it had everything including captain seats but that was sold within a couple of days , no surprise there, but there is a lot to choose from out there, unfortunately the transporter seems to be a rare one.

If I had the money, which I don't I would just go out and buy a new one and get it specced the way I want it but thats not an option Big Cry

But in the meantime I will have to drive the wife to work and pick her up in her pocket rocket Focus ST which absolutely kills me to drive but she suggested buying another car between now and finding the right transporter which I said would be a total waste of money and grief I don't need, she agreed in the end so all is ok there.

As said before I wish all you guys the best of luck with your Full Fats ( when I win the lottery I will have one as a second car Rolling with laughter )

I will probably pop on here now and then as I do like this forum even if it doesn't like me Whistle

Cheers

Dave Current : 4.2 S/C, now Sold Sad
Previous : V70 Volvo, S40 Volvo ( a very reliable old banger ), E39 M5, Carlton Diplomat and the list goes on Smile

Post #341260 8th Aug 2015 12:32pm
Andy B

England 

Hi Dave,

Such a shame it had to go, but I understand your situation. Keep filling out those numbers and who knows?!

The very best of luck for the future Mate, it's been a pleasure communicating with you.

Cheers,

Andy. SDV8 AB MY 2019
SDV8 VSE MY 2015 - Gone
5.0 S/C AB MY 2010 - Gone
4.2 S/C VSE MY 2006 - Gone

Post #341307 8th Aug 2015 7:39pm
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Glad you got your asking price, Dave. Rather sad your dream has burst, but happy that you had many good times while it lasted.

Really hope you find the Transporter that's right for you and I do hope you continue to pop in and keep us updated with things. Thumbs Up Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #341330 8th Aug 2015 10:18pm
Muttley

Thanks Andy and Si Thumbs Up

I have to admit I am gutted it no longer sits on my drive and can no longer drive it but needs must , its just the agg of finding the right Transpoter and buggy and making sure I do all my research properly as if I get it wrong it could become even more costly but I can only hope I get it right.

The really gutty part is I have recently invested in a lot of new DSLR equipment as I have a passion for photography and was learning how to use my new kit and with all this going on that has had to take a back seat and to top it all I am back in hospital Thursday for more spinal injections ( yay me ) and the best bit is they expect me to stop smoking for 24 hours before the procedure , thats going to be fun on its own and if they have the same effect as the last lot I am looking at agony for some time but they say it will improve things which to be totally honest I don't have a lot of faith in what they say but we shall see Big Cry

Hey ho such is life , they say these things are sent to try us , I for one am Censored fed up with it all but I have to give it a try Whistle

Cheers

Post #341349 9th Aug 2015 3:15am
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Best of luck Dave, hope you're in better health very soon Thumbs Up Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #341387 9th Aug 2015 10:34am
n1cktdv8

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Cars come and go, health and living has to take first place. Best of luck pal Thumbs Up Is this where I put the car details and a bit about myself ?........

Post #341391 9th Aug 2015 10:43am
Muttley

Thanks for all the great support , it is really appreciated and yes I really miss my full fat but needs must and didn't really have a choice Big Cry

Good Luck to you all Thumbs Up

Cheers

Post #341800 11th Aug 2015 11:10am
Robert

France 2007 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Late reaction, but from a good heart, may life treat you better the coming years and although a car is only a car, I understand your "pain"
Take care and come back soon

Post #341802 11th Aug 2015 11:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1