Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > FFRR in the garage - again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
awillia3

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Adriatic Blue
FFRR in the garage - again

I thought I may share some of my experiences with my FFRR. . . .

I have owned the car 5 years and have traveled about 50K miles in it through snow, ice, floods and sunshine . . a truly amazing car when it is working!! (2002 TD6 145K miles on clock)

However, the work I have had done to it is quite amazing and has cost me a lot of money and could have cost much more . . .

I only take the car to the dealers if it is an electrical fault that I can't fix or needs the codes clearing.

Some of the work I have had done includes:

Radio amp fail - fixed it myself with a BMW unit - I think water ingress was the issue
Fuel pump issue - this caused major havock - the nearest garage told my mrs that it needed a new gearbox - I drove it 100yds and said it was fuel related - hay ho!!
Air suspension fail - split pipes, front bags replaced and sensors - probably something every 6 months!!
Brakes - needs new front pads quite often
New coolant level sensor
New battery
Tailgate latch fail
New alternator
Lots of tires - 20" so quite pricey

Things I still need to sort:
Sat nav fail - left this as it is an after market install and pops out of the dash - well it used to before the motor failed!! Also thinks we are in the sea . . .
Telephone - needs some nokia phone to work may convert to bluetooth someday
Heater - only blows to foot well - think the flap motors have gone??
Driver's side heated seat - stopped working a few months ago I think the temp sensor is touching the heater element but the seat has had a fair share of use!!

My mrs drove the car at speed into a serious curb on Friday 5 hours away from home and blew out 2 tires plus one was near end of life so replaced 3 (the remaining one was nearly new). All warning lights on (TC, ABS, Brake, Air susp inact, HDC inactive) so I drove the 5 hours to get it sorted. Thought it was tracking as it was driving straight at 11 o'clock and shaking like mad so took it back to the tire shop, they sorted it but lights still on . . .

Went to LD indy and they diagnosed it as the ABS pre-pump and quoted me £1550 to fix!!!!
only £75 to fit it so I found a breaker a few hours away so drove the second car to get the part and they fitted it the same day - still no joy, the pump had blown the ABS module/ECU so back off to the breaker to get one of those and fingers crossed this will fix it!! The indy are fitting it this PM.

Have had to leave the car 5 hours away at the indy and come home to work!!! So far 16 hours on the road and another 10 to go get it next week!!

Just thought I'd share my frustration - Indy LD have been great so far, real experts. Current:
FFRR 3.0 TD6 L322
BMW M3 E46

Gone:
2002 BMW E46 330d Estate
1997 BMW M3 Evo
1984 SIII Landrover 2.25 petrol SWB
Vauxhall Calibra 2.0i
Peugeot 205 XS

Post #342079 12th Aug 2015 5:15pm
Bagus

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

Sorry to hear your pain.

Hope they get it sorted for you.

Best get a train or flight back to that dealer. Screw driving back to collect and then back by yourself.

Post #342295 13th Aug 2015 7:46pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Buy yourself an IID tool, then you don't have to ever take it anywhere you can do it all yourself and save a fortune... Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #342307 13th Aug 2015 9:03pm
awillia3

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Adriatic Blue

thanks for sympathy - not really that annoyed about it all, just a bit inconvenient and embarrassing when the family and friends say " Censored Range Rover broken again?" . . . but hay ho.

The indy fitted the ABS unit with ECU attached to it and all is working now - will be picking it up tomorrow.

the total cost for the two new ABS parts and fitting would have been over £2,000 - managed to get it all sorted for just over £400.

IID tool sounds good - will have a look at one . . . . Current:
FFRR 3.0 TD6 L322
BMW M3 E46

Gone:
2002 BMW E46 330d Estate
1997 BMW M3 Evo
1984 SIII Landrover 2.25 petrol SWB
Vauxhall Calibra 2.0i
Peugeot 205 XS

Post #342448 14th Aug 2015 12:02pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Your mrs will enjoy paying that bill instead of putting it to shoes handbags and clothes Wink

The driver at the time who breaks it pays for it Very Happy FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #342477 14th Aug 2015 1:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1