Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 
Colliers Erdington Birmingham

What a dreadful experience!

Dad is looking to change his 08 Vogue SE for a late L322 and Colliers have a couple.

They still have a couple Rolling Eyes

First off Dad left 2 messages (Saturday and Tuesday) to get someone to call him back about them. No response.

The only person who was interested was Barbara on reception, who went outside herself when Dad rang earlier to say he was coming to see them this afternoon, she checked the cars were there and not sold.

I tagged along on the visit for something to do Whistle

Upon arrival we had a look at the cars and then went inside to find someone. No sales staff to be found, except one who was busy with a customer.

Barbara couldn't have been more apologetic and did her very best to get someone to talk to us.

It turns out ALL the available sales staff were outside milling around a C reg Jaguar XJS. They had seen us arrive, seen us look at the RRs and seen us go in. We were totally ignored by all of them the whole time.

The cars themselves were very tatty, covered in paintwork damage and one of them had totally perished tyres. 165 point check, really? :banghead:

Full marks for Barbara, zero for the dealership overall.

One to pass onto LRCS or Colliers head office?

Post #342260 13th Aug 2015 4:04pm
IanT599

United Kingdom 

I went there to look at one. Dreadful service there too. No one ever calls you back.

Called them several times to actually view a car as no one ever called back so we just turned up. Clearly they sell too many new ones to worry about used as we were hanging around for ages. Mrs got really bored in the end.

Went there to look at a late 322 AB myself. Apparently it had all the checks done yet 2 tyres were bald on the outside edges. 1 deployable step was intermittent and a mudflap was hanging off.
These were picked up by my wife who wouldn't pick up trivial items that I would. Salesman who eventually came to talk to us said the steps would be sorted and the mudflap (technicians clearly missed them accidentally) but the tyres were ok.

Walked away rather quickly we did.

Disappointing as LR say the car has to be in full approved condition to go onto the website for sale yet no dealer I have been to has ever had a car fully prepped. The dealer just hopes you don't pick up all the faults so it costs them less to get it on the road.

I reported them to LRCS. Got no reply from them either.

Post #342279 13th Aug 2015 5:47pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 

Sounds familiar Rolling Eyes

Post #342282 13th Aug 2015 5:58pm
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

I had a similar experience when they serviced my company car (Defender 110). Service so dreadful I have never returned. That was 2004 so it's not like they haven't had time to sort it out. Inceidentally, Colliers Jaguar Tamworth were just as poor with Wifey's XF. It must come from the top.

Post #342283 13th Aug 2015 6:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1