Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Separate K&N filters for a 5.0 Supercharged
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
SCPB

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Zermatt Silver
Separate K&N filters for a 5.0 Supercharged

I know, I know....... it makes no sense at all: it's not what a Range Rover is all about, filtration not so good, it might suck in water if you are that deep and have a bow wave Shocked intake temperature is likely to be higher etc. etc. but one of these either side of the engine would provide some real old school induction roar Very Happy

Has anyone done this on a 5 litre supercharged engine, you will need one either side? Arrow I'll get my coat.

Looks good and I bet it sounds good on this engine..............I'm leaving... 2010 5.0 SC Autobiography

Post #342513 14th Aug 2015 4:49pm
Zirconblue

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Cairns Blue

They either sound good or they're just noisy depending on your personal taste.

On other cars i've put them on they seem to make the throttle response a bit better when clean. But logic dictates if they let more air through they must let through more dirt too. K&N make a big thing about "making the dirt work for you" and how when they're visibly dirty this helps with filtration - yeah because they're blocked up with dirt! But then that defeats the object of having a high flow filter. I took the element i had in the mini out and just put a paper one in every service. It's not as if paper filters cost a lot.

Realistically though, how many Range Rovers are actually used for wading, or for that matter go off road!? They're capable, but i'd bet the percentage used for anything more than dragging a horse box across a paddock is very small.

Plenty of people fit 22" wheels, they're arguably not what a Range Rover is about either.

Post #342542 14th Aug 2015 6:51pm
SCPB

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

I agree it can be all things to all people, which is why they are so popular. I sold a TVR and an S class and bought a 5 litre supercharged to replace both.............its almost working Very Happy

A bit more grunt and a little bit more noise, and we are getting there.....................until you go around a corner Neutral But actually I thought that I was going to die every time I went fast around a corner in my TVR, so just some straight line speed would be fine. 2010 5.0 SC Autobiography

Post #342601 14th Aug 2015 11:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1