Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > All AV not working, head unit 'stuck' on LR badge.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Matricks

United Kingdom 
All AV not working, head unit 'stuck' on LR badge.

Having searched around a bit it would seem I’ve an issue somewhere in the MOST circuit… Thing is which part?
For background, I’d also been having the HEVAC issue draining the battery, so on Thurs the Mrs needed a jump start when she was out; the system was apparently working afterwards. I then put it on a trickle charge overnight. The next day no AV.
I’ve pulled every fuse in the glovebox, none seem to be blown. DVD player in the glovebox lights up, and the CD changer ejects under its own power.
I’ve removed the trim in the boot and plastic floor tray and tried to work out where/what the problem is… no joy. There is no damp, signs of water damage and all connections seem ‘tidy and tight’
When the system powers up, I can see the red light from the fibre going into:
Nokia Phone Module, TMC, Analogue TV Tuner (XRA50060) and the AMP (XQK500105). I can’t see a separate Radio module??, though am going to pull all the components out later today.
After about 15 seconds, the red light is only visible at the Nokia system – this is likely because it’s the first component in the MOST Loop, which seems to run from the front of the car, to the AMP, NOKIA, TV and TMC.
When I disconnect/reconnect the power the TV tuner powers up and emits the red light, though the AMP doesn’t. It does however ‘power up’ as I can see an orange light for about 15 secs.
I’ve read somewhere about bypassing but cant see how that’s possible in a MOST loop?
I’ve looked at http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...ic_Aid.pdf which seems to infer that the AMP should emit the red light irrespective?
IF there are any magic fuses ive missed or a simple ‘Reboot sequence’ or a way to determine what it knackered id be most grateful.
The RR is a 2005 RR Vogue SE with the Harmon Kardon premium AMP.

Post #344969 29th Aug 2015 10:57am
steve9bug

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

Check battery first have it discharge tested.
Think i have seen a bypass done joining the most fiber optics wit a pen somewhere to take out a module.

Post #344971 29th Aug 2015 11:03am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

theres a how to in the wiki re frozen touchscreen... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #344975 29th Aug 2015 11:26am
Matricks

United Kingdom 

Awesome!

Thanks - I did try a search as well but didn't know about the WIKI Section.

Coffee on, and then off to the garage.

Post #344979 29th Aug 2015 11:34am
Matricks

United Kingdom 

stan wrote:
theres a how to in the wiki re frozen touchscreen...

Stan, Thanks - all fixed and working now.

I'm assuming that until I replace the BT module, the MOST (orange flashing light) error will stay and ill not be able to use the CD player?

Having just 'fixed it' these seem to be the residual errors, oh and the screen wont turn off on the button... Radio works as well as it ever did though so Very Happy

Does anyone know if the the BT Unit be swapped out with a newer one? or does it have to be a part number match?

Very Many Thanks - saved me a bucket load of cash!

Post #344996 29th Aug 2015 12:53pm
sako243

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

My BT unit decided to take a swim and have been running since the May bank holiday with the pen fix in place with no issues. Ed

Post #345038 29th Aug 2015 6:50pm
Matricks

United Kingdom 

Ed,

Do you still have an issue with the screen staying on after the ignition is off? (for a min or two)

Also cant use the CD player...

I have however left the cables connected to the BT module... ill disconnect tomorrow and see if this makes a difference.

currently hunting for a 2010 BT module ala the WIKI!

Post #345044 29th Aug 2015 7:31pm
sako243

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

I think the screen staying on after the ignition is off is normal. The system doesn't properly shut down until something like up to 20 minutes after anyway so that it doesn't take so long to boot the next time.

Don't know off the top-of-my head about the CD player but mine started with funny symptoms until it stopped completely and I investigated.

Note if you disconnect the BT unit you will need to do the pen fix otherwise the loop will be broken (the MOST network is a ring). As a quick test you can unplug the fibres and touch the two ends together (maybe shield with your hands). See if the head unit boots and behaves better then. The pen fix is just to make it more permanent. Ed

Post #345045 29th Aug 2015 7:39pm
Matricks

United Kingdom 

Rgr,

Ill stick with the pen fix, and unplug the BT module tomorrow. At least its fixed! and isn't a new AMP which would have been bad news.

If unplugging the BT makes any difference ill update tomorrow.

Now, just need a 2010 BT module!

Post #345048 29th Aug 2015 7:42pm
Matricks

United Kingdom 
Not quite fixed...

After dong the 'pen' fix its still not quite right..

The screen occasionally gets stuck at the LR badge on start up, switching the ignition off or pulling the fuse then seems to bump it along.

I've got use of the radio, but no CD or TV. However when in Diag mode for AV inputs - It displays the 'white noise' (I haven't yet upgraded to digital)

Also When put into diag mode, it recognises that there is a device missing? and shows Mpr as 6 with 1 as Npr.

The MOST status as 'Net On' and the Lock as stable and the NA is 0168??

Some other anomalies are that when using the touch screen for the radio, the background to the selected button in red instead of green.

The CD and TV show up but nothing happens when they are selected, even when selecting them from the 'power off screen' it just turns the radio on.

Any ideas anyone? I assumed that bypassing the knackerd BT module wouldn't interfere with the rest of the MOST system. Ive left the BT module unplugged.

It also seems that unless I turn the AV off via the button (AV off screen) the system wont turn off when the car is locked - it seems to stay stuck at the LR screen.

Wondering if something is stuck in a loop or if there is something else i'm missing. All the other modules work?

Thanks

Post #345342 31st Aug 2015 5:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1