Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Photos, Videos & Media > London Assembly calls for diesel cars banned from capital
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
SKOT

England 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Bonatti Grey
London Assembly calls for diesel cars banned from capital

Quite right too! You should only be allowed to drive into London with a V8.

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/fleet-indu...om-capital 2006 4.2 SC
2019 Renault Zoe Dynamique Nav

Post #337357 14th Jul 2015 2:09pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Before long, it will be, London council calls for cars banned from the capital.

Post #337393 14th Jul 2015 8:25pm
stoutgoose

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver

'The London Assembly Environment Committee's 'ŒDriving away from diesel: Reducing air pollution from diesel vehicles' report found that diesel road traffic is responsible for 40% of London's emissions of nitrogen oxides (which include NO2).'

Ergo 60% is produced by other elements including petrol vehicles and natural gas combustion!

Post #337406 14th Jul 2015 10:28pm
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

I drive a van every day in the city, through all sorts of streets, mainly at 0mph. The queuing traffic, with air con wafting cooled air to other drivers, (not in mine)
the problem I believe is the amount of start stop vehicle movements. I see countless cars and vans pulling off, with a massive puff of dusty black smoke. And then 6 foot later, stopping again. I'm not sure why some diesels behave like this. London transport buses are super clean, in fact if you look into a capitals red bus, exhaust pipe, it looks new, and completely clean. Silver coloured. I think that taxis chuck out the most, as they have an old style Diesel engine, with a modern aftermarket soot reducing exhaust etc.
It's true it gets hazy in summer, and it does feel rotten in the heat. I can't though see a quick fix to this pollution problem, by banning the diesel! How are we going to get supplies to the shops! Unless they ban the private diesel cars only.
And people are paying stratospheric prices to live in 'the stink!'
But I see some sort of kerbimg to the superfluous vans and trucks that brin in fresh lettuces, prawns and hotel flowers everyday.
And maybe my engineer calls to customers etc.
it's funny that the congestion charge is not to discourage visits, if so, it would be £50- it's just to make some money from the people making the money from fresh lettuces, oysters, strawberries, and £5 artisan loaves.
Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner......

Post #337525 15th Jul 2015 9:09pm
DT277

Not good!!

Post #345640 2nd Sep 2015 12:16pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Simple solution is sprinklers on top of every building that do an ultrafine water mist, Set to go off everyday at around 1230hrs for 30mins, airbourne pollution would drop like a rock! Recycled water could be used and filtered from rain fall and then everyone would be happier.

The diesels that tend to smoke the most are the ones that dont get booted often enough. The soot then builds up in the exhaust and gets pushed out. Also ones with very poor fuelling systems that are out of whack and injection just a bit too much diesel. FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #345818 3rd Sep 2015 10:50am
Robert

France 2007 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Sorry dieselguys, but tbh in my opinion all diesel cars should be banned from city centers. Here in France the polution in the city is horrific. people drive diesel because they think it is cheap and here a lot of old diesels, badly or not serviced at all, are throwing up black smoke, they stink and really make a lot of people ill. Every new rule proposed, concerning diesel, is countered with the argument that it will hit the poor. The local gouvernements should be an exemple with public transport and their own vehicles.

this should be banned everywhere

The clean way to drive is either hybrid or LPG (even with a V8 ).

Post #345822 3rd Sep 2015 11:18am
kingpleb

If you think it's bad you need to visit China 😄😄

If they start restricting it then more and more park and ride schemes need to be setup for people to use that don't take forever or stop every 2 seconds for a stop 👍 FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #345826 3rd Sep 2015 11:48am
Robert

France 2007 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

if you want to change the world start with yourself, we say in Holland. Ofcourse there are worse places and ofcourse planes polute even more and ....and.... but this little ball we are all living on has lost 18 million HA of tropical forrest last year, that is an area big as Portugal. If we do not start somewhere, your and my children and grandchildren will have nothing to live on or for anymore. Certainly "WE" in the "civilized" countries should be at least more conscious about what we do on this little planet.
I know it is a never ending discussion and I would also hate to give up something I like, but sometimes we have got to admit that we are doing something wrong.

Post #345828 3rd Sep 2015 11:58am
jaybear

France 

I don't care , I drive petrol only ..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Jaybear

2002 V8 , premier edition , 19" alloys ,

Post #345847 3rd Sep 2015 1:41pm
kingpleb

I do my bit 😄

No new cars for me just older ones and run the main one on veg and other old fluids instead of them getting sent off to land fill or the like, part worn tyres generally used more than new, recycling bins generally full to the gunnels... FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #345863 3rd Sep 2015 3:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1