Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Audio Connectivity 2008 Range Vogue newbie advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
baldnSlick

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Audio Connectivity 2008 Range Vogue newbie advice

know there have been previous threads, but times change so if anyone has successful mods.

I have a range Vogue 2008, there is a ipod lead in the glove, I understand it only plays the first 6 playlists, and it is pants and I have to select a playlist from the ipod touch.

There is also a AV LR input that has a up/down switch it is either select a white dot/white circle, to the right there is also a USB located top right of the lower glove box, whatever you switch select, the ipod works, the CD doesn't.

I plugged my usb to lightening, phone just pinged like when you use a knock off lead, it is gen.apple lead

Any clues what this set up is?

Is there any set up to have Audio Bluetooth whilst retaining phone Bluetooth, I don't really care to operate the phone from the OEM touchscreen, I just want the bloody connectivity....at least I can use an ipod but not being able to select albums is quite pants.

Anyway, would be nice to meet with people who have tweaked the range rover's audio, just to see what is possible....I am West London, be nice for the 2008 vogue stock set up that has been modded.

Lastly totally on a tangent........does anyone know or meet up for scenic drives that splash mud and water so you feel like you are using the 4x4.......I am west London Middlesex......yeah I need to do a 4x4 course and I don't yet want to exceed my existing abilities.....using a mix of public on and off roads?

Post #347718 14th Sep 2015 7:01pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

It sounds like you have the genuine RR accessory fitted.

CD 6 is actually the entire contents of the iPod, so you only really have 5 playlists - you should have track ID and steering wheel controls - I agree, its pants, but it's about as good as it gets.

I just bought an iPod for the car & left it in the glove box - on iTunes I had 5 additional playlists, just numbered 1-5 and periodically updated them.

If you have Rear Seat Entertainment and/or an Aux In on the back of the arm rest, then you have a few options, otherwise be grateful for what you already have - thats a £500 + fitting accessory

If you have Aux in, then get something like this - it connects via WiFi and gives better quality than a BlueTooth connection Thumbs Up

Post #347758 15th Sep 2015 1:54am
baldnSlick

Alistar, great info...be nice to know what the other connections are for in the lower glove box.

No I don't have TV in the back but there is a rear Aux point.

The airplay could be cool....looks like a Apple TV....good thing I got a 6 plus, quite cheap....have you done this? you mention other options, I may as well try and explore all options.

I will buy the suggestion as it is cheap as chips, any suggestions on power source and placement of gizmo.

Post #347793 15th Sep 2015 9:28am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

As Alistair explained above, but to add... The CD changer for definate and maybe the USB input too??? needs the car to go to sleep before the button (with the circle or dot) will work... So, turn off the ignition & remove the key, wait for the light on the power button to stop flashing & the car is asleep. Change to CD Changer and when you put your ignition back on “voila”

There should be a book with the service books to explain all of the settings sir... If not, i guess you could ask your MD?

Hope that helps Thumbs Up

Post #347796 15th Sep 2015 9:38am
baldnSlick

Cam Tech Craig....I will try that and report back, don't mind the option of using CD's though you can make a longer playlist.

I can get the ipod on the front center console, just don't want me or anyone else inadvertently yank the lead.

Anyway, I will report back....shame I haven't got a usb drive to hand to test.

I really do appreciate every ones contribution so far.

Post #347805 15th Sep 2015 9:56am
baldnSlick

switch does not revert to CD player, however though life isn't perfect it is much improved having the Aux at the back of the armrest works, now this solves one issue of passengers selecting own music, and me too from my phone, if I am right an incoming call should still pair with the head unit Bluetooth, only way is to test it.

I think I can be happy with what I have......acceptance opens the doors of happiness. Paying a professional opens the doors of heaven......

Post #347812 15th Sep 2015 10:27am
Alistair

baldnSlick wrote:
The airplay could be cool....looks like a Apple TV....good thing I got a 6 plus, quite cheap....have you done this? you mention other options, I may as well try and explore all options.

I didn't use one of these on a RR, but I have a ski boat that I fitted one to - it does require you to select AirPlay each time you get in - but I think Bluetooth only supports one connection & I was already using that for a GoPro, so I went with WiFi for music.

In my old RR, I just learnt to accept the limitations of the official kit - I had a dedicated iPod in the car and it worked OK.

Post #347819 15th Sep 2015 10:44am
baldnSlick

Update

ordered the unit suggested but also ordered a Neet airstream Wi-Fi receiver model nas 1.1, it is similary priced delivered £25 it has airplay functionality, usb powered, and Wolfson Dac it is about 5.5cm2, plugging into the aux in the back works, sounds great.

I tried it in the glove using the LR cables works providing ipod connector isn't used, though there is noise (interference) I tried using the USB in the glove, lots of interference, now If I can understand what the interference is in both the USB and LR input I can slap it in the glove.

In the meantime, I have what I want, it is small enough to have in the back, a bit of velcro can have the unit hidden, I may see an auto electrician to have it fitted so no leads showing.

the good thing the blue tooth phone works, cuts out on making and receiving calls and resumes playing the music.

you also have the option of configuring the router to connect to outside wifi connections, handy to get emails etc, how this works on the road connecting to open wifi spots or security issues is another thing, I can I suppose use my ipod to connect and then tether to my 4g iphone.

As I said, all I need know it to have it hidden nicely, going to test it properly using airplay (spotify not offline), tethering from 4g and having a passenger use an ipad to watch Netflix whilst on the move.

so I know I can have the CD working......not that I want it.....but options are options.

Thanks Allistar.

Post #347998 16th Sep 2015 1:29pm
Alistair

Thumbs Up

Post #348133 17th Sep 2015 1:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1