Home > Off Topic > [Wanted] One for the Welsh members
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey
[Wanted] One for the Welsh members

Hiya Chaps,

Excuse the direct approach. I need some help from our Welsh resident members please. (Congrats on the rugby BTW)

Sadly I lost one of my dogs yesterday, came down in the morning and he's popped off in the night. A lovely boy who had a great life with us and gave us so many happy memories (blue merle Border Collie and he was 14) and my wife is devastated.

Anyway, I will look to have another in the near future and I want a Welsh bred dog again as they're so good. Trouble is I don't get to Wales much these days having sold my holiday home in Aberdyfi and I really don't trust the internet to help me find a properly good breeder. Do you happen to know of any please? Looking for ISDS registered (Don't care about KC so much) from a breeder who does this at the very best level in terms of welfare, breeding lines for working and family pets. Price unimportant.

No desperate rush. I'm not trying to replace the little man with an identical dog, that just wouldn't be possible. But we will definitely have another and I want to get it 100% right rather than end up with a badly bred dog from a rogue breeder.

Thanks if you can help and no worries if you can't.

Cheers

Dom.

Post #349744 28th Sep 2015 10:16am
Welshdragon

Wales 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Monte Carlo Blue

Sorry to here about the loss, is never nice thing to go through.

I'm not sure where to find the info your after but I will ask around my local area for you, hopefully something will come up.

( and yes the game was good......For us, by the skin of there teeth mind! ) If it dont work.......burn it!

If the IId tool cant fix it.......burn the FF.

If the FF cant be fixed......buy a Land Cruiser!

If the LC cant be fixed..............................................BUY a horse !!

Post #349765 28th Sep 2015 12:51pm
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Thanks WD. Appreciate it.

Post #350309 2nd Oct 2015 11:55am
sako243

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Dom,

Sorry to hear about your loss.

My question to you is do you want to stick with a collie?

The only reason I'm asking is I'm planning on breeding from my yellow lab bitch in the near future (probably her next season and assuming I can find a yellow male that hasn't had the snip). Although I live in Surrey she comes from our family in Wales. They're from working lines in Fife and Wales originally, Mum has the full paperwork for their parentage but not registered in anyway.

Mine is third generation now - the grandmother came from Fife. Had a litter from her and kept one of the dogs and one of the bitches. Two years ago bred from her daughter and ended up with mine who lives here in Surrey with me.

If you're into it they all work / have worked (the grandmother is coming onto 13 now but will still carry stuff given half a chance) although very much been brought up rough shooting style so work well on their own - not the type that sits still and waits to be told to do something.

Anyway, if you're interested you're most welcome to meet them if you want - I'm up in Warwickshire this Sunday but unfortunately leaving the dog with my sister. Alternatively if you know of a yellow male lab...

If you are after collies I can ask around down there if you want (my parents live down near the Pembrokeshire border). Their neighbours actually have Kelpies which are sort of collies in their role. Beautiful dogs.

Anyway a teaser of our group: Tundra the male on the left, Rosie his sister in the middle. Lyra (mine) the daughter of Rosie on the right. If you look closely to the right of Lyra you'll see Sandy the grandmother on the path (on her way back!). This was taken this May when we were up in the Highlands for my grandfather's 90th.

Ed

Post #350361 2nd Oct 2015 7:42pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Dom, so sorry to read your terrible news my friend... Can i add welch springer spaniel to your short list? Was my dads favourite and his choice of our family dogs as kids and a fine dog they are too, but rarely seen these days Rolling Eyes

Post #350387 2nd Oct 2015 10:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1